Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Jun 2021 at 1:49 PM
Default Interaction near the greeting
Hello everyone, I have already written a lot of mods, but I got stuck here, there is still not enough experience, the question is actually how to make the interaction right away so that you do not need to greet but immediately on the matter, for example, a bookworm interaction with a sim so that next to the interaction there is a greeting to talk about books, oh sorry if my english is that bad, thanks to the creators in advance.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 27th Jun 2021 at 2:55 PM
Could be set in the ITUN files - maybe set "AllowNonGreetedSimsIfObjectOutside" to true?
Forum Resident
#3 Old 28th Jun 2021 at 1:08 PM
You can tell the interaction to skip various checks, or all of them

Code:
// target and actor are Sim objects
var sia = new SocialInteractionA.Definition("Talk About Books", null, null, false);
sia.ChecksToSkip = ActionData.ChecksToSkip.SkipAll;
actor.InteractionQueue.AddInteraction(sia.CreateInstance(target, actor, new InteractionPriority(InteractionPriorityLevel.High), false, true), false);

Find my Mods: Here at MTS, over at Simlogical
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 29th Jun 2021 at 5:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lizcandor
Could be set in the ITUN files - maybe set "AllowNonGreetedSimsIfObjectOutside" to true?
It doesn't work for me, on the contrary, all interactions disappear.

Quote: Originally posted by Consort
You can tell the interaction to skip various checks, or all of them

Code:
// target and actor are Sim objects
var sia = new SocialInteractionA.Definition("Talk About Books", null, null, false);
sia.ChecksToSkip = ActionData.ChecksToSkip.SkipAll;
actor.InteractionQueue.AddInteraction(sia.CreateInstance(target, actor, new InteractionPriority(InteractionPriorityLevel.High), false, true), false);

What's the point of paste this piece of code, if the search does not find anything related, to interaction, at all in the game files.
Forum Resident
#5 Old 29th Jun 2021 at 11:58 PM
You think I made this code up?

Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#6 Old 30th Jun 2021 at 11:14 AM
Sometimes finding the exact copy isn't really necessary when it comes to programming It's all finding a working solution. Think about it like a maths question, those solutions come in a variety of ways on how to solve a particular issue. Same thing with Programming (as well as programming for ts3)!

I actually didn't know you could tell it to skip the social data so I'll kindly bookmark that one But I'd say this should indeed work, despite having a working reference or not in the game files.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 30th Jun 2021 at 8:22 PM
You think I made this code up?

I not say it.
Consort, Lyraley,
I found weather interactions, but I couldn't find the salute interaction, and interactions that have the mummies, I dunno where they might be.
Forum Resident
#8 Old 30th Jun 2021 at 11:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by whiteman-Dara
I couldn't find the salute interaction

Have you tried modifying the code I posted above by replacing "Talk About Books" with "Salute"?

If you're not working on a script mod or have trouble compiling the code or I made a mistake I'm sure we can work it out together.

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 1st Jul 2021 at 5:19 PM
Have you tried modifying the code I posted above by replacing "Talk About Books" with "Salute"?

If you're not working on a script mod or have trouble compiling the code or I made a mistake I'm sure we can work it out together.

And where to paste his it in the code? I have this not seen it in Sims3GameplaySystems.dll
Forum Resident
#10 Old 1st Jul 2021 at 8:58 PM
Any script mod will do.