Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

TS3 Custom Patterns - Retropop!

by HystericalParoxysm Posted 3rd Jun 2009 at 2:01 AM - Updated 3rd Jun 2009 at 2:38 PM by HystericalParoxysm

141 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 132 Feedback Posts, 8 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 4 of 6
Lab Assistant
#76 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 1:17 PM
Really awesome. These will be perfect for one of my sims. Thank you for figuring this out!
Slacker of Immense Slackness
retired moderator
#77 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 2:09 PM
Thanks HP - I can't tell you how very much I detest vectoring - looks like a very limited career for me in TS3. Luckily smart clever peoples like you exist

<:3))~~ Loverat
"In some cultures what I do is considered normal"

www.loverat.net Check it out for other recolours & lot uploads =D
Test Subject
#78 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 3:42 PM
omg thank you!

just last night, as i was drinking a cup of kool-aid while my boyfriend was installing a shiny new graphics card in our computer, amoungst other shiny new parts, all so i can "load the computer up with even MORE crap" as he would say, i was hoping there would be some crap like this to load up on.

and so it is!
Field Researcher
#79 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 4:40 PM
I can't believe how quickly you provided these patterns! I was concerned that we would be stuck with EA patterns for a long, long time, but you did the impossible! Thank you. Thenk you. Thank you.
Theorist
#80 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 4:50 PM
Congrats on being the first to upload real CC! These patterns are great, what I find interesting is that they don't show up as custom content in-game, they seem to be treated like as if they're EAxis made. Good to know that my game won't be plagued by custom content stars in the future, at least with patterns anyway.
Top Secret Researcher
#81 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 5:11 PM
Yay! The first sims 3 CC ever! I can't wait for the first custom item mesh!
Thank you for these lovely - and handy! - textures, HP. You're the first creator to bloat my game with CC ^^

When I was a kid my parents' house had a wallpaper with one of your textures *ashamed*
Test Subject
#82 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 6:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ncrabs
I discovered you can't use folders within the newly formed "Packages" file. The new pattern package files can't be in a folder for the patterns to show up in my game .

That was my problem, thanks for the tip. When I downloaded it, I automatically made a patterns folder for it, which is why it wasn't showing up. I removed the folder, and then the patterns showed up with all the other abstract patterns (not under custom content). Thanks so much HystericalParoxysm, they are lovely!
Lab Assistant
#83 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 6:17 PM
I LOVE your avatar! That's one of my favorite TV shows! And thank you for these patterns! Can we recolor?

God will never give you more than you can handle--my mother
Test Subject
#84 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 7:36 PM
They don't show up in game... Any thought why? ;(
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
Original Poster
#85 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 7:46 PM
nanatoana - That's sort of the point - they have four sliders that you can recolour them freely however you want in the game itself.

ChrissieZach - Sounds like you must not have installed them properly, as they definitely do work just fine in-game.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Lab Assistant
#86 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 7:49 PM
Thank you thank you thank you... am so glad there's at least *some* CC available now. x
Test Subject
#87 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 7:58 PM
Yes , I know that I didn't install them properly.. That's why I need help. I Made a folder mods then a folder packages. I put the Resource thing in program files/electronic arts/The sims 3 but they don't show up... Do I need to do something else? I need them cuz they are pretty! please help me xD
Test Subject
#88 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 8:45 PM
Nvm, I'll try to fix it. BTW thanks for the patterns they are totally awesome.
Test Subject
#89 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 8:59 PM
Thanks for all this work... I stayed up until 4:00 a.m. trying to create my own pattern... I've never created a vector in photoshop so i had to look up some extra tutorials.. but I finally created and installed my very own homemade pattern... I was so proud of myself... I then went to bed and had dreams of messing up vectors...
Test Subject
#90 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 10:01 PM
I got misty eyed when I saw these already. You have renewed my hope of becoming addicted to downloading again.
Lab Assistant
#91 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 10:37 PM
Thanks dear they look awesome! So glad that you guys are working this hard! It really pays off
Test Subject
#92 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 11:45 PM Last edited by TiggerMD : 5th Jun 2009 at 12:50 AM.
Not working for me.

I downloaded the Resource.cfg file and placed it in my root sims3 folder.

I also made Mods folder placed that in my sims3 root folder, then made a Packages folder and placed that folder within the the mods folder.

The cc is not showing up in my game.

Im wondering because my file paths are different because of using vista

(current user name)\documents\eltronic arts\

instead of promgram\electronic arts\ is this causing the issue?

Confused and amused

Tiggs

To Sim Or Not To Sim
TiggerMD
Coffee, anyone?
retired moderator
#93 Old 5th Jun 2009 at 12:02 AM
HP, these are just beautiful. I just did a teen bedroom using them and they are totally squee-worthy. Thanks again.

I'm worried that my latest Salvation Army donation will result in homeless people looking like sluts from the 90s.
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
Original Poster
#94 Old 5th Jun 2009 at 1:28 AM
TiggerMD - The different install location is likely a problem, yes, since I believe the folder location is defined in the Resource.cfg file. If you open the resource.cfg file in Notepad, you can edit it. Make sure to remove the .txt file extension that Notepad will add to it.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Test Subject
#95 Old 5th Jun 2009 at 1:46 AM
First, thank you HP for such consistently beautiful and stylish work. Second, please help! I have followed the directions very explicitly, I am 100% sure I did everything exactly as described, but they are still not showing up in game. I am using Vista, and according to your reply to TiggerMD, the cfg file needs to be edited to accommodate it, but having opened it in notepad, I am unsure of what to change and how. I don't see anything that obviously corresponds to the differences in filepaths. Can you help me figure out how to edit the file for Vista, or (if that's not it) otherwise help me figure out how to make the content work in Vista? Thank you so much for any help you can give, as I am going crazy without awesome new content!!
Test Subject
#96 Old 5th Jun 2009 at 2:03 AM
I am so totally impressed!!! Great work! Thank you much!
Test Subject
#97 Old 5th Jun 2009 at 2:44 AM
I'm having the same problem that Aeden is in Vista.
My Resource file is in "C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3" and the files are in "C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages". Both of these lines are directly copied from the file properties in their particular folders.

The file itself makes no explicit mention of folders outside of the Sims folder so that should not be an issue, and I have mine installed in the correct location in any case.
Test Subject
#98 Old 5th Jun 2009 at 3:56 AM
I am so relieved I'm not the only one experiencing this problem! I eagerly await a reply. Thank you again.
Field Researcher
#99 Old 5th Jun 2009 at 4:53 AM
Thanks a bunch! This just makes my day. I also cannot wait to start making my own.

Have a bright platinum diamond day!
Deb
Test Subject
#100 Old 5th Jun 2009 at 5:56 AM
I love you.
Page 4 of 6