Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

The Sims 4 Translator

by voky Posted 2nd Jul 2020 at 11:43 AM - Updated 7th Dec 2020 at 2:52 AM by voky

109 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 78 Feedback Posts, 30 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 5
Test Subject
#26 Old 25th Jul 2020 at 11:29 PM
It won't open and it sends this error message
Screenshots
Test Subject
#27 Old 26th Jul 2020 at 11:18 AM
Sorry but I cannot run this, it report that"This application failed to start because no Qt platform plugin could be initialized. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem."
I tried to redownload but nothing happened. What should I do?
And I found that for the 0.3 Alpha the EXE was 33950kb, while it is only 36kb for the lastest version. Maybe something wrong so this happened?
Test Subject
#28 Old 2nd Aug 2020 at 3:06 PM
Today, when trying to export the translation of "hoe it up" for conversion, we found that unmodified strings cannot be exported to XML. Because many tools do not have simplified Chinese at present, some people may use some tools to convert, and then they may need to export them completely.
Test Subject
#29 Old 3rd Aug 2020 at 2:51 AM
How do y'all get to even run this? I can't do it, it sends me an error message
Test Subject
Original Poster
#30 Old 3rd Aug 2020 at 5:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Miaow-CC
Today, when trying to export the translation of "hoe it up" for conversion, we found that unmodified strings cannot be exported to XML. Because many tools do not have simplified Chinese at present, some people may use some tools to convert, and then they may need to export them completely.

you can mark untranslated strings as translated, then they will be exported successfully..

Quote: Originally posted by Allinxter
How do y'all get to even run this? I can't do it, it sends me an error message

yes, I know about this problem ( and now I'm trying to find a solution..
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#31 Old 6th Aug 2020 at 7:37 AM
Hello, the first thing to say is a great mod. It was not very clear to me how it is stored in the library because it comes out in another type of file. Could someone make a video of how it is done? Let's see if it is clearer. Thank you very much
Test Subject
#32 Old 12th Aug 2020 at 3:59 AM
Great application, it works perfectly. Thank you.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#33 Old 12th Aug 2020 at 8:14 PM
Could you explain to me how to update a mod, add lines? Thank you
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#34 Old 13th Aug 2020 at 1:05 PM
bravo super idée ça nous aide beaucoup à traduire les mods merci infiniment.
Lab Assistant
#35 Old 20th Aug 2020 at 12:49 AM Last edited by wild_guy : 20th Aug 2020 at 1:29 PM.
Hey! What is the difference between finalizing and saving options in the file menu?
Also for some reason I can't run the program from the folder on drive D while I have no problems while running it from the folder on the desktop. I'm getting an error about Qt plagin initialization when trying to run it from drive D folder.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#36 Old 20th Aug 2020 at 3:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by wild_guy
Hey! What is the difference between finalizing and saving options in the file menu?

finalizing embeds the translation directly into the open package.. saving creates a separate package that contains only the translation..
Quote: Originally posted by wild_guy
Also for some reason I can't run the program the folder on drive D while I have no problems while running it from the folder on the desktop. I'm getting an error about Qt plgin initialization when trying to run it from drive D folder.

indeed, for some reason, the program does not start if the path to the folder contains characters other than Latin. I will try to fix this in the next version, which is almost ready..
Lab Assistant
#37 Old 20th Aug 2020 at 8:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by voky
finalizing embeds the translation directly into the open package.. saving creates a separate package that contains only the translation..

indeed, for some reason, the program does not start if the path to the folder contains characters other than Latin. I will try to fix this in the next version, which is almost ready..
Great, thank you Voky!
Lab Assistant
#38 Old 25th Aug 2020 at 8:02 AM
On startup it gives an error
Screenshots
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#39 Old 25th Aug 2020 at 8:21 AM
This Translator is perfect for me <3
Test Subject
Original Poster
#40 Old 25th Aug 2020 at 2:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Petr54
On startup it gives an error

try installing Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015, 2017 and 2019 (x86)
Lab Assistant
#41 Old 26th Aug 2020 at 11:37 AM Last edited by Petr54 : 26th Aug 2020 at 12:00 PM.
I have Windows 7x64. These programs have been installed for a long time; nevertheless, the error occurs with any version of the translator. Programs were x64, installed x86, the program started working. Thank! Sorry for my bad english.
Lab Assistant
#42 Old 26th Aug 2020 at 2:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by voky
try installing Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015, 2017 and 2019 (x86)

@voky, I had VC++ runtime installed, but no luck. From the error message, the path seems to be hard coded. We don't have the path shown. You might need to change the path to make it relative.

Best regards,

Screenshots
Test Subject
#43 Old 26th Aug 2020 at 9:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by wheatberry
@voky, I had VC++ runtime installed, but no luck. From the error message, the path seems to be hard coded. We don't have the path shown. You might need to change the path to make it relative.

Best regards,

I had the same error happening to me but installing 2015-2019 Visual Studio C++ Runtimes solved it for me.
If I were to guess, the file path shown in the error message has not much to do with what really is happening.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#44 Old 26th Aug 2020 at 9:39 PM
After the update, worked like a charm, and it's really intuitive, great work!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#45 Old 27th Aug 2020 at 10:59 AM
This is a really handy tool. Thank you for making this <3 It makes it so much easier to translate.
Lab Assistant
#46 Old 27th Aug 2020 at 11:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by wheatberry

Best regards,

OK, my bad. I didn't read the instructions carefully. After installing x86 VC++ runtime. It works!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#47 Old 29th Aug 2020 at 1:52 PM
Built-in translation fails. The external translation (separate file) is fine. And an interesting picture is obtained. I open the translated mod via S4PE there is no built-in translation, I open it with a translator, there is a translation. How to make an inline translation? I wanted to write in Russian, the fonts on the site are not supported.
So I apologize for my poor English.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#48 Old 30th Aug 2020 at 7:45 AM
Hello, I think your mod is great. Until yesterday, it worked perfectly. But today not anymore. Whenever the program wants to load the dictionary folder, it closes again immediately. If I take the folder out, everything is ok again.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#49 Old 9th Sep 2020 at 8:12 AM
Can several lines be translated at the same time? if so how? Thank you
Test Subject
Original Poster
#50 Old 10th Sep 2020 at 7:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by atrapat
Can several lines be translated at the same time? if so how? Thank you

no.. there is a copy/paste for this purpose..
Page 2 of 5