Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

The Sims 4 Translator

by voky Posted 2nd Jul 2020 at 11:43 AM - Updated 7th Dec 2020 at 2:52 AM by voky

109 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 78 Feedback Posts, 30 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 4 of 5
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#76 Old 22nd Feb 2021 at 6:09 PM
Thank you for this amazing tool which saves a lot of time for updating large mods!
Test Subject
#77 Old 6th Mar 2021 at 5:44 PM
Hi @voky,
Thanks for sharing this really useful tool!

I would like to ask if it was possible to release the source code because I would like to implement other useful features that could help you and other people.

Thanks again
Test Subject
#78 Old 7th Mar 2021 at 6:05 PM
Why I can't get my translation work in game? Do I have to do something else than save it in package file and drag to mods?
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#79 Old 13th Mar 2021 at 7:18 PM
Hello, it does not work for me again, it remains in transfer and does not translate. Is it because of the new version that you have updated? Thank you
Test Subject
#80 Old 17th May 2021 at 4:21 AM
Hello, its a really nice tool, I would like to know if you can help me with a problem, what happens is that the mod that I translated is divided into different modules, for example, a main one, "body" .. And several extensions such as "hair" "legs" "arms "etc etc each one of them has its own text and they are part of the same mod, so I would like to know how I can combine all the translations (almost 4 .package files) into 1 only, is this possible? ... Or I must have 1 translation for each extension of the mod? ... Thank you.
Test Subject
#81 Old 13th Jun 2021 at 8:30 PM
A really great tool. Thanks for that.
One mistake?
But I can't export to .STBL unfortunately, only to .xml.
I have the choice to do it, but after selecting everything, nothing happens for me.
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#82 Old 17th Jun 2021 at 8:08 PM
thanks
Test Subject
#83 Old 26th Jun 2021 at 10:27 AM
Default Really love being able to translate mods :gjob:
Quote: Originally posted by Wuffi
A really great tool. Thanks for that.
One mistake?
But I can't export to .STBL unfortunately, only to .xml.
I have the choice to do it, but after selecting everything, nothing happens for me.

I encountered the same issue but only with 2 of 3 packages is tried to translate. One could be saved as STBL without any problems. The other two show the same behaviour and do nothing with this option selected. It could be related either to the count of strings translated (the one, which works fins are only 11 lines) or to the original author of the mod (the two which wont work, are from the same author, and it was set to ENG -> ENG, the one, who did not make problems was set ENG -Y RUS, so maybe thats the real issue?). But at least, the translations are saved in the package for my personal use and for the moment, thats enough for me.
Lab Assistant
#84 Old 2nd Jul 2021 at 2:18 AM
Hi, I just love your translator! He is excellent and makes my job a lot easier. I would love to ask how you created it as I would like to try something similar for stardew valley.
Test Subject
#85 Old 8th Jul 2021 at 3:31 PM
Is it possible to use this translator to translate the base game and expansions into a new language?
Test Subject
#86 Old 8th Aug 2021 at 10:12 AM
Can you add destination Language: THA_TH (Thai) pls?
and how to show my translation in-game?
I'd translation to Thai and it is still English in-game
am I do something wrong?
Test Subject
#87 Old 27th Aug 2021 at 11:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jellybelly271
Is it possible to use this translator to translate the base game and expansions into a new language?

No. You do that in Origin. You can also use Registry Editor if you're using windows.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#88 Old 22nd Oct 2021 at 4:26 AM
maravilloso trabajo muchísimas gracia es casi perfecto ojalá todos los que tradujeran mod usaran tu mod no habría tantos errores en los textos
Test Subject
#89 Old 26th Oct 2021 at 4:03 AM
Hope the next update will be able to translate into Vietnamese, thank you for a useful tool.
Test Subject
#90 Old 29th Oct 2021 at 4:48 PM
Default The contents of the file I translate are always removed after I finalize the package
Before I report a bug, I want to say that this is one of the best programs for mod translations, I really liked it when I found it.

The problem that is happening is that always when I translate the package of some mod, its content disappears and only the translation remains. I realized that this was happening after I saw that the file sizes decrease a lot after I finalize the translation.
I opened a file with Sims 4 Studio, one that I had translated, and I saw that it only had the strings and the content was gone (which makes the mod work).

I would like you to help me with this, as I translate mods for The Sims 4 and share them with others.
Lab Assistant
#91 Old 30th Oct 2021 at 11:39 AM
I have recently been having a strange problem with the translator. Several times when I try to open it it opens and closes by itself, for no reason. I've tried downloading it again and running as an administrator, but it didn't work. I've been a translator for a few years and this has made my job a little difficult D:
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#92 Old 6th Dec 2021 at 9:08 PM
I love this app, thank you very much for create it <3
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#93 Old 28th May 2022 at 2:58 PM
<3 Ty
Test Subject
#94 Old 24th Jul 2022 at 12:50 PM
hallo gibt es eine möglichkeit das sie die option automatisch übersetzen irgendwann machen .liebe grüsse
Test Subject
#95 Old 24th Jul 2022 at 12:51 PM
Default danke
vielen vielen dank für diesen mod
Test Subject
#96 Old 3rd Aug 2022 at 8:38 PM
I tried to use it several times and the program always says ''not responding'' when I click to translate...
Lab Assistant
#97 Old 15th Aug 2022 at 11:06 AM Last edited by kimikosoma : 16th Aug 2022 at 2:34 PM.
Thank you so much for creating this software ! One question, though : how can I save the new version of the mod with my translation in it ? Some modders agree we reupload their full mod with our translation included, but I'm sorry, I couldn't find how to do that : "Saving the translation as a separate file, or adding it directly to the mod."

I mean, I found how to do it for one package, but how can I generate the full mod with the translation in it ? Even when having packages that do not have strings in them ?

Asking this as I will need it when the new Slice of Life version comes out, so I can generate it into French once translated

Thank you for advance
Lab Assistant
#98 Old 25th Aug 2022 at 9:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kimikosoma
Thank you so much for creating this software ! One question, though : how can I save the new version of the mod with my translation in it ? Some modders agree we reupload their full mod with our translation included, but I'm sorry, I couldn't find how to do that : "Saving the translation as a separate file, or adding it directly to the mod."

I mean, I found how to do it for one package, but how can I generate the full mod with the translation in it ? Even when having packages that do not have strings in them ?

Asking this as I will need it when the new Slice of Life version comes out, so I can generate it into French once translated

Thank you for advance

Hi, I also have a similar problem, I have translated a mod in my language, but I don't understand how to save the mod by embedding the translation in my language, what should I do?

----> I apologize for my precarious English, it is not my language.
Field Researcher
#99 Old 13th Oct 2022 at 8:47 PM
I successfully translated several dozen strings with this program, and I saved them as a Package. However, nothing worked, and they are all still in the foreign language. What am I doing wrong?

-------

Jesus loves you and died for you!

Your resident prude! A pox on all who remove the "censor blurs" on showering (etc.) Sims!
Field Researcher
#100 Old 17th Oct 2022 at 8:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Zamira
Hi, I also have a similar problem, I have translated a mod in my language, but I don't understand how to save the mod by embedding the translation in my language, what should I do?

Seconded. I am experiencing the same issue.

-------

Jesus loves you and died for you!

Your resident prude! A pox on all who remove the "censor blurs" on showering (etc.) Sims!
Page 4 of 5