Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Feb 2024 at 4:13 PM Last edited by samko2223 : 3rd Mar 2024 at 5:22 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default EDIT: sim resetting when playing a video game
Hey, I’m playing on mac (Super Collection) and I’ve been struggling with downloading CC when it comes to in game computers (as an electronic gadget). I’ve come across the conversion of Teen Style Stuff Pack for mac and was trying to use the computer from the given pack. Omitting the fact that the computer or any of the CC computers are missing BV interactions (which I’ve been testing with Lord Darcy’s fix, which then led to the computer’s disappearance from the game), the interactions when using the computer lead to sim’s animations being reseted and nothing happens.

I tried the interaction to play a game on a computer and it resolved in force error which I could not cancel nor reset, only delete (in order to continue in game). So that’s what I did and then turned the game off right away without saving. Alas, it turns out I managed to delete game’s files and I am no longer able to play videogames in game (no matter what computer gadget I use). The interaction is still there (meaning in the pie menu), I also tried buying games again from community lot (the game thinks I still own the games) or tried to play with other households, but after pressing the interaction to play a game the sim’s animation just resets (when it comes to all 3 games). My question is, is there any way to restore this feature without reinstalling the game? I've already tried removing all the cc + the conversions from game's folders, but got no luck so far.
Attached files:
File Type: txt  ObjectError_N003_t2072793.txt (96.6 KB, 7 downloads)

Mayst thou thy peace discov'r.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 27th Feb 2024 at 10:54 PM
Well, the computer that caused that error is no longer on the lot, so that's possibly why the error was thrown. No amount of installing the game is going to change the state of the family video game inventory, you can clear that in SimPE if you want. Possibly the error deleted the video game movie player, which should be restored if you save and reload the lot.
Instructor
#3 Old 28th Feb 2024 at 8:00 AM
Edit: Scratch what I said, follow Kestrellyn's advice. It would make more sense if the error was caused by that.

Cats are the cutest creatures. And the most stubborn.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 28th Feb 2024 at 10:24 AM
Thank you for all the replies!

@kestrellyn, the bug was actually present in every household I tried to play in, no matter what device a sim was using. Hence my worries that I might have corrupted the game. Saving and reloading the lot did not work either.

However, a coincidence occurred and fixed the problem on its own. I purchased another computer to the household, so two computers were simultaneously present at the lot. Because of that a new option in the pie menu popped up "Join LAN Party", even though no sim was playing on any of the computer at that time (because of the inability to...). So I pressed the option anyway and a sim finally decided to put in a CD and play a match of SSX 3. After that animation, all the options work well again and I can even play any of the 3 video games.

Consider this problem solved!

Mayst thou thy peace discov'r.
Instructor
#5 Old 28th Feb 2024 at 10:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by samko2223
Thank you for all the replies!

@kestrellyn, the bug was actually present in every household I tried to play in, no matter what device a sim was using. Hence my worries that I might have corrupted the game. Saving and reloading the lot did not work either.

However, a coincidence occurred and fixed the problem on its own. I purchased another computer to the household, so two computers were simultaneously present at the lot. Because of that a new option in the pie menu popped up "Join LAN Party", even though no sim was playing on any of the computer at that time (because of the inability to...). So I pressed the option anyway and a sim finally decided to put in a CD and play a match of SSX 3. After that animation, all the options work well again and I can even play any of the 3 video games.

Consider this problem solved!

It's funny how sometimes the game just fixes problems on its own. Congrats on solving it!

Cats are the cutest creatures. And the most stubborn.