Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Jan 2022 at 5:50 PM Last edited by chitownriverscum : 23rd Jan 2022 at 4:02 AM.
Default LET MY PEOPLE GO! (from their coffee addiction)
I'm all for Sim autonomy and everything, but seriously - what is up with the neverending trips to the espresso bar? Once the energy is up, shouldn't that be enough? Why force yourself to fork over more simoleans for yet another venti of pure caffeine when you're already ttttrembling like a leaf and your bladder's about to explode? This is particularly annoying on family trips to crowded community lots, where it's tricky to keep an eye on everyone simultaneously. I've searched for something to alleviate the situation, and thus far I'm stumped. I have to believe there've been others who've wanted to end this nightmare... but maybe not? I've even seen people requesting a mod that boosts autonomous coffee-drinking! As if!
So, here's what I'm looking for:

either A) Something to STOP my sims from autonomously buying caffeine drinks when their energy is already high, or... just to stop them altogether. I keep a pretty close eye on their motives when I can, so if they need a double shot of espresso to make it through the afternoon at the mall with the kids, I can always direct them to get one.

B) Something to just make the coffee bar less attractive. If there is a coffee-producing device anywhere on any lot, residential or community, my Sims will flock to it like hapless lemmings, regardless of whether they need a pick-me-up or no. Since the magnetic attraction to the barista station is CLEARLY not needs-based, I figure it must be a "subliminal advertising" thing. Some other CC objects have pie menu items that let you increase or decrease this advertising, so why not coffee makers? Actually, it'd be nice to have this option for any motive-altering object; some of my sims are also addicted to bathing, although unlike the coffee station, when they're relatively clean, they'll accept my decision to cancel their shower, and will autonomously move on to other business. With the coffee drinkers, this doesn't work. Once they get the bit between their teeth, unless I lay out seven or eight things in a row for them to do, they'll be back at the Starbucks counter swilling down endless strings of Frappuccinos, GUARANTEED. You literally have to distract them from thinking about the coffee machine, and this isn't normal, IMO. Even my human friends who are "caffiends" will occasionally say, clapping a hand to the forehead, "WHOA! I need to slow down!"

or, if neither of those things exist, then C) something to at least do away with the "caffeine jitters" that accompany every cup. Sometimes I find myself sympathetically quaking in time with my Sims, and that ain't really a good thing.
Advertisement
Alchemist
#3 Old 22nd Jan 2022 at 12:46 AM
Also, try Restaurant Bar Fix by Pescado:
Quote:
FEATURES:
1. Sims no longer obsessed with eating at restaurants in endless loops when not
full, or drinking coffee when not tired. Also cuts down desire for sims to
commit bladdericide from the above.
2. Seats occupied by your sims & bar patrons less likely to clash with host
seating assignments, resulting in queue stompage. Queue stompage BAD!

Find the right version for your game in the Hack Directory.

"May the sunlight find you, thy days be long, thy winters kind, thy roots be strong." -Grand Oak Tree, DAO

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
Bored? Read an unfinished legacy or sim story. | aka Kelyns | she/her
Instructor
Original Poster
#4 Old 23rd Jan 2022 at 4:00 AM
That's great; hopefully it will also stop the host from turning my sims away when there are clearly spaces open for dining. Lately I end up spending all my time getting seated at the counter.

Is there, somewhere, a list of all those hacks on MATY and what they do? Most of them are fairly guessable I suppose, but...

Thanks!
Alchemist
#5 Old 23rd Jan 2022 at 5:22 AM
@chitownriverscum Pescado's hack descriptions are here; there's a word doc linked in the first post. There might be a few mods left out, but it's what most people use.

"May the sunlight find you, thy days be long, thy winters kind, thy roots be strong." -Grand Oak Tree, DAO

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
Bored? Read an unfinished legacy or sim story. | aka Kelyns | she/her
Instructor
#6 Old 28th Jan 2022 at 7:51 PM
incredible, you will think I'm dumb, but I thought my game was wrong, when I saw my sims tremble when they drank coffee, that's very realistic, I wouldn't take it away, but of course I'm a newbie in the game and I noticed this in home, that is, when they go to community lots, do SIMs drink coffee at all hours? I have noticed that not all sims are addicted to coffee.