Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

New VideoGames for yours sims to play!

by muroku68 Posted 27th Jul 2008 at 9:14 PM - Updated 19th Mar 2009 at 8:11 PM by -Maylin-

127 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 108 Feedback Posts, 18 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 6
Test Subject
#26 Old 9th Aug 2008 at 1:00 AM
Great job first of all, but a question, don't know if your around right now, but I'm in the middle of configuring the esrb.ini file and my ends with 3 not 4, can I or should I just make the next line 4 instead of the line 5 you suggest, just wondering if it is line sensative?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#27 Old 9th Aug 2008 at 4:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by suzymarie
Great job first of all, but a question, don't know if your around right now, but I'm in the middle of configuring the esrb.ini file and my ends with 3 not 4, can I or should I just make the next line 4 instead of the line 5 you suggest, just wondering if it is line sensative?

just add it with 4. Whichever number it ends on, add the next number. :]

mine ended with 4 because i downloaded another video game that had an esrb.avi video. So yea. haha.

IN YO FAYCE! =]
Test Subject
#28 Old 9th Aug 2008 at 1:35 PM
Where did your reply go? I put everything in it's place and also added what you said to the esrb.ini file and it still does not work. I also noticed that all default movies have .movie extensions, not .avi extensions, or do I need to modify the .ini files in the Freetime folder instead of the base game folder?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#29 Old 9th Aug 2008 at 6:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by suzymarie
Where did your reply go? I put everything in it's place and also added what you said to the esrb.ini file and it still does not work. I also noticed that all default movies have .movie extensions, not .avi extensions, or do I need to modify the .ini files in the Freetime folder instead of the base game folder?

Put the wii.avi here:

Then the esrb.ini file should look like this:

It should work after that. If it doesn't i have no clue why. Maybe Freetime does something to the games, cause Pets made custom cellphones not work.
I don't have Freetime.

The sims install it with .movie extension. To have The sims be able to read your movie files is for it to be in .avi extensions.

IN YO FAYCE! =]
Test Subject
#30 Old 10th Aug 2008 at 12:47 AM
I love playing CS, now my Sims can too! awesome job!
Lab Assistant
#31 Old 10th Aug 2008 at 12:09 PM
[QUOTE=Deckmaster]161 mb? That's a bit large for only 3 ingame games now isn't it?

it is movie files those are big but that will not slow it down
Lab Assistant
#32 Old 10th Aug 2008 at 2:51 PM
Hmm Not be a fussy fan of your work but could you possibly do a Tekken game.. =D
CS was a good choice especialy for it on PC it looks so right..
Lab Assistant
#33 Old 10th Aug 2008 at 7:23 PM
Haha that sim in the first pic has a good reason to be in a platinum mood.
Thanks
Test Subject
#34 Old 11th Aug 2008 at 3:48 AM
Ehehehehe, is Portal a possibility? Morrowind? Oblivion?

*Is brick'd*

Portal would be epic...
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#35 Old 11th Aug 2008 at 7:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Maraha
Ehehehehe, is Portal a possibility? Morrowind? Oblivion?

*Is brick'd*

Portal would be epic...

umm are those games? never heard of them only oblivion. aha.

IN YO FAYCE! =]
Test Subject
#36 Old 11th Aug 2008 at 2:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by muroku68
umm are those games? never heard of them only oblivion. aha.

Heheh, Oblivion is Morrowind's sequel, and Portal... Hmm... well, I'm not sure how to describe it's awesomeness.
Test Subject
#37 Old 11th Aug 2008 at 9:54 PM
i cant seem to get the games to work when i start them i just get a flashing blue screen except for mario kart it shows wii then thats it help???
Test Subject
#38 Old 11th Aug 2008 at 11:38 PM
I'm sorry for my stupid question but, where do I put the "m68_game_rack.package" file? It's in the Downloads folder? 'Cause in the other game pack there is a "m68_Game_Rack_2.package" file and I got confused. Both must be in the Downloads folder or just one of them?
Test Subject
#39 Old 12th Aug 2008 at 4:28 AM
I have a problem. I have EPS and when i clicked on the sims 2 deluxe in my program files folder the TSData wasnt there and then i went to the sims 2 pets folder and it was there so i clicked on it and then i clicked on movies and there was no games folder only C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2\TSData\Res\Movies\Broadcast\Commercials. please help me.

Like my avatar?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#40 Old 12th Aug 2008 at 4:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Maraha
Heheh, Oblivion is Morrowind's sequel, and Portal... Hmm... well, I'm not sure how to describe it's awesomeness.

haha, oh i see. I don't own any of these games. If you have them and can film them great! send it to me and i'll make it into a videogame for your sims.

IN YO FAYCE! =]
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#41 Old 12th Aug 2008 at 4:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by chrisrocks4
i cant seem to get the games to work when i start them i just get a flashing blue screen except for mario kart it shows wii then thats it help???

Hmm tell me exactly where you put every file.

IN YO FAYCE! =]
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#42 Old 12th Aug 2008 at 4:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SLAB
I'm sorry for my stupid question but, where do I put the "m68_game_rack.package" file? It's in the Downloads folder? 'Cause in the other game pack there is a "m68_Game_Rack_2.package" file and I got confused. Both must be in the Downloads folder or just one of them?

Put both in the downloads folder, they are 2 different racks with there own unique GUID. Each rack holds 3 games.

IN YO FAYCE! =]
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#43 Old 12th Aug 2008 at 4:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by [email protected]
I have a problem. I have EPS and when i clicked on the sims 2 deluxe in my program files folder the TSData wasnt there and then i went to the sims 2 pets folder and it was there so i clicked on it and then i clicked on movies and there was no games folder only C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2\TSData\Res\Movies\Broadcast\Commercials. please help me.

Hmm I don't know, I never bought the deluxe version...

IN YO FAYCE! =]
Test Subject
#44 Old 19th Aug 2008 at 12:38 PM
I have a problem here...My sims cant buy the game..???...They just go near the rack and stopped...What is my problem???
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#45 Old 19th Aug 2008 at 9:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ZXander_Stealth
I have a problem here...My sims cant buy the game..???...They just go near the rack and stopped...What is my problem???

umm i don't really know, everyone else got it to work... Double check if you put the files where they need to be. Read the README carefully.

IN YO FAYCE! =]
Test Subject
#46 Old 20th Aug 2008 at 7:35 AM
And the only problem is that I couldn't do the whole thing myself because I don't have one in my PC (I meant GTA SA) but I'll download it though.....
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#47 Old 21st Aug 2008 at 4:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by rebelpunked10
And the only problem is that I couldn't do the whole thing myself because I don't have one in my PC (I meant GTA SA) but I'll download it though.....

Dude i'm making SA next. I modded mine for PC :]

IN YO FAYCE! =]
Test Subject
#48 Old 22nd Aug 2008 at 12:35 PM
i'm so confused i dont know how to do it my videos dont appear in the game and what is tsdata i dont have it and theres no setting on the esrb i only have C:\Documents and Settings\******\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Movies\Games\esrb and that it i downloaded the game but i put it in downloads then copy it at ^ there but it still didnt show up and theres nothing on megaupload there just some stupid advertisment
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#49 Old 23rd Aug 2008 at 3:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by johnpaul2304
i'm so confused i dont know how to do it my videos dont appear in the game and what is tsdata i dont have it and theres no setting on the esrb i only have C:\Documents and Settings\******\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Movies\Games\esrb and that it i downloaded the game but i put it in downloads then copy it at ^ there but it still didnt show up and theres nothing on megaupload there just some stupid advertisment

u have to download the videos on megaupload. U'll see 3 letters type that in and wait 45 sec to download..

and u put it in program files not Documents and settings.

IN YO FAYCE! =]
Test Subject
#50 Old 24th Aug 2008 at 5:15 PM
Moroku68, Where did you get the pc on the last two screenies? Oh, great content btw, I'm dling.
Page 2 of 6