Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

New VideoGames for yours sims to play!

by muroku68 Posted 27th Jul 2008 at 9:14 PM - Updated 19th Mar 2009 at 8:11 PM by -Maylin-

127 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 108 Feedback Posts, 18 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 6
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#51 Old 24th Aug 2008 at 9:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AdamB72
Moroku68, Where did you get the pc on the last two screenies? Oh, great content btw, I'm dling.

umm i forgot srry. I've had that for a long time. I think it was like the first thing i downloaded.

IN YO FAYCE! =]
Test Subject
#52 Old 30th Aug 2008 at 9:25 AM
This is amazing! When I'm home I'm definitly gonna download it. And the wii is hot
Test Subject
#53 Old 7th Sep 2008 at 2:12 AM
I just cant figure this out.. Lol. I've done everything you said to do, but im not sure how to actually play these?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#54 Old 9th Sep 2008 at 6:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Natsuu
I just cant figure this out.. Lol. I've done everything you said to do, but im not sure how to actually play these?

after you install it, putting everything into the right folders, start the game. Go to a community lot, place my game rack there. Play as a sim now, send that sim to the community lot and have them buy a game from my game rack. When your sim gets home, buy a tv and a video game system. Click on the system and select what game you want.

IN YO FAYCE! =]
Test Subject
#55 Old 17th Sep 2008 at 4:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by dunner1
Tested all 3 games; they work fine, but the Wii.avi logo isn't working when I go to play Mario Kart.

I originally placed it in c/program files/EA games/sims 2/TSData/Res/Movies/Games/esrb and it was just flashing blue when I started it up.

After that, I tried placing it in My Documents/EA games/Sims 2/Movies/Games/esrb but it had the same result; flashing blue instead of showing the wii.avi clip.

So, am I doing something wrong? Can I just remove the wii.avi clip it play the game without it?

Did you put the ini files in c:/program files/EA games/sims 2/TSData/Res/Movies/Games/INI ? If you didn't that's where your problem is.

Anyway, I followed the instructions and it worked like a charm. Nicely done!
Field Researcher
#56 Old 17th Sep 2008 at 10:34 AM
OMG!

I Love these!

But... I am very jealous because I've been trying so hard to make a game for the sims!!! Nice work!

Deontai, creator of Yellowbox || visit our tumblr page for more uploads!
Test Subject
#57 Old 26th Sep 2008 at 9:50 PM
These are soo great! But I have one quiestion it may sound pretty dumb, but I installed everything like you said in the readme so that's ok, but I can't find the games! Must I buy them? Or are they in the catalogue? I went to the Electronic store downtown ( I have all expension packs so it must work ) But I just can't find the rack with your games Can you help me on this one?
Thnx ^_^
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#58 Old 27th Sep 2008 at 8:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Iggylinda
These are soo great! But I have one quiestion it may sound pretty dumb, but I installed everything like you said in the readme so that's ok, but I can't find the games! Must I buy them? Or are they in the catalogue? I went to the Electronic store downtown ( I have all expension packs so it must work ) But I just can't find the rack with your games Can you help me on this one?
Thnx ^_^

You have to go to a community lot, and go into buy mode. go to where the racks are, and look for mine, then place it in the community lot. Now play as a sim and make them go to the community lot to buy it. Then return home and play it on the Maxis Simulartor.

IN YO FAYCE! =]
Test Subject
#59 Old 29th Sep 2008 at 11:30 PM
Yay! Got them.. Thnx for your help! ^_^
Test Subject
#60 Old 12th Oct 2008 at 3:29 AM
Thx man now it works ... you should put this infos in the topic too "Go to a community lot, place my game rack there. Play as a sim now, send that sim to the community lot and have them buy a game from my game rack. When your sim gets home, buy a tv and a video game system. Click on the system and select what game you want." ...

=D

just a tip ...

thx once again !!
Lab Assistant
#61 Old 27th Dec 2008 at 3:12 AM
Yes!!! New videogames have arrived finally. You are the best!! :D
Lab Assistant
#62 Old 16th Jan 2009 at 12:28 PM Last edited by zaroba : 16th Jan 2009 at 12:35 PM.
why in gods name did you use megaupload for the video files? its a horrible service.

is there any respectable place to get the video files from? like a real website?
megaupload isn't letting me download them. i was able to get them from the first set of games, but when trying to download this one it's just downloading a few kb then stopping or giving 'file cannot be read' errors.
Test Subject
#63 Old 9th Feb 2009 at 2:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by zaroba
why in gods name did you use megaupload for the video files? its a horrible service.

is there any respectable place to get the video files from? like a real website?
megaupload isn't letting me download them. i was able to get them from the first set of games, but when trying to download this one it's just downloading a few kb then stopping or giving 'file cannot be read' errors.

I'm having the same problem. The download gets to 329kb and stops then acts like the download is complete but the .rar file is incomplete.

I even downloaded their mega toolbar and installed it but it doesn't change anything in the download process. I'm disappointed. I thought it would be cool for my slackers and gamer career Sims to have a wealth of games to play but, alas, no video - no game.

Now I know why more modders haven't made new games for our Sims.
Test Subject
#64 Old 7th Apr 2009 at 4:52 PM
If anyone has the sims 2 double deluxe and can't find this...

c/program files/EA games/sims 2/TSData/Res/Movies/Games...

try this....

c/program files/EA games/sims 2 double deluxe/Base/TSData/Res/Movies/Games

I had the same problem, use this then fallow the rest of the instructions and see how that works
Forum Resident
#65 Old 8th Apr 2009 at 10:36 PM
Mario Cart will go nicely with my Sims's Wii. :]
Test Subject
#66 Old 9th May 2009 at 6:41 AM
HEY in the video files are just ATTRACT,Intro,Gameplay where are the p1 win p1 lose,usw?
Scholar
#67 Old 3rd Jun 2009 at 1:49 AM
Great I cant wait to use it
Test Subject
#68 Old 24th Jun 2009 at 8:40 PM
The megaupload link is broken it every time says that it can,t make connection please help and comment back!!!!
Test Subject
#69 Old 14th Jul 2009 at 2:07 PM
Hey dude!How did you make the games??i was trying to make a game for my sims 2 to play but it sims not to be working!can help me with this??
i use SimPE but i'm not sure how to make a new game and make it active on the sims 2..
DUDE PLEASE HELP ME WITH THIS!
REPLY QUICK OR EMAIL ME AT
[email protected]!
Thanx
Test Subject
#70 Old 7th Aug 2009 at 5:53 AM
How exactly do i install this cause all its only a avi file do i make a new game folder or somethin?
Test Subject
#71 Old 18th Aug 2009 at 5:15 AM Last edited by FlyingMario : 18th Aug 2009 at 7:03 AM.
Are you sure this plays on the original Sims 2? Because I don't know how to build a community lot. So I'm guessing this requires an expansion pack, right? If so, can you please tell me which one is it, that allows you to mke a community lot? Thanks. sorry if I sound noobish...

Edit: Never mind, I found an answer on wikaanswers. For those who never used a community lot before, on an town area; you click on the right side lots and houses. Then you create a 'empty lot' which originally has no house, except a flat land. Then start building one from there. So basically, a community lot is like a store. Remember to build a cashier; 'Go to electronics in the buy mode, then press misc , and you'll find the cashier registar. buy a counter to put the cashier there. **If you don't have a cashier, the sims can't buy it!!

To get your sim into the community lot, go to your phone, and click 'Taxi' and click the 'store' that you just built to go there.

To find the game rank, while you're building in the store, go to misc, then misc again... And you'll find another game rank, but this one is the one with a star beside it. That's the one you can play mario kart wii, stepmania, and CS. when your sim gets there, click the rank to buy seperate games. One you call the taxi again and go home, that game will be avalible to play. Click the 'game thing' that usually plays SSX3.

I hope that helps. And PS, I never used a community lot, so I didn't know xD. I hope it works this time.
Test Subject
#72 Old 6th Sep 2009 at 7:15 PM
Where did you download your wii please Reply!! i want it so much
Test Subject
#73 Old 20th Sep 2009 at 1:32 AM
Hey, thanks sooo much! I LOVE playing StepMania sooooo much, and now my Sims can play it!!!
Test Subject
#74 Old 20th Sep 2009 at 1:33 AM
Oh, and Counter Strike too! That games awesome too...but I love StepMania more! ♥♥♥♥♥
Test Subject
#75 Old 10th Dec 2009 at 2:55 AM
Dude could you do resident evil 4 for wii plzz.
Page 3 of 6