Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

New VideoGames for yours sims to play!

by muroku68 Posted 27th Jul 2008 at 9:14 PM - Updated 19th Mar 2009 at 8:11 PM by -Maylin-

127 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 108 Feedback Posts, 18 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 4 of 6
Test Subject
#76 Old 31st Dec 2009 at 3:31 PM
I didn't found any folders in the rar file, it's only the pure files!
Lab Assistant
#77 Old 19th Mar 2010 at 1:21 AM
I just tried this out and it works great in my game. Good job!
Test Subject
#78 Old 20th Mar 2010 at 1:43 PM
I will try it!!!!! :D
Top Secret Researcher
#79 Old 16th May 2010 at 8:36 PM
I'll have to try this. Thanks!

I know I can't do it, but I'm still going to do it. - M. C. Escher
Test Subject
#80 Old 16th Jun 2010 at 9:28 PM
Hi, Ive recently downloaded your games for my sims . . . And in one of your posts you had described how to change stuff in the "esrb.ini" config .... Im having a huge problem with this, as when i try to do what you say to i get an error saying " Cannot create the C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2\TSData\Res\Movies\Games\INI\esrb.ini file."
"Please Make sure that the name and file path are correct."

Do you think you might beable to help me ?! I dont know what im doing wrong.

Tried to send you a message but says youve gone over your max.
Test Subject
#81 Old 16th Jun 2010 at 9:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MatheusMK3
I didn't found any folders in the rar file, it's only the pure files!

Haha! Thats what i thought, you have to download the movies files to get the folders. . . That little blurb where he says you need to go to a different site to get movie clips, that will be the folders you need.
Test Subject
#82 Old 27th Jul 2010 at 2:04 PM
My Tv has a blue Screen instead of the games. Whats wrong?
Test Subject
#83 Old 17th Sep 2010 at 10:23 PM
Thanks so much! I love giving my sims more and more games to play.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#84 Old 16th Nov 2010 at 1:24 AM
Mario Kart! Oh thank you!!!!
Test Subject
#85 Old 11th Dec 2010 at 6:29 AM
WHYYYY is this happening, they show up in the game and i got my sims to buy them, but when they play them on either tv or computer, the screen is blue on their tv/computer, the picture of the game doesnt show. what do i dooooooooooo? how can i fix this..i think i installed wrong the whole installation read me is complicated...what to do plz h elp i want these games?
Test Subject
#86 Old 11th Dec 2010 at 6:36 AM
I found out whats going on with the blue screen, i didnt upload the config files properly aparently, but i cant find any configuration files in the package for the game...where is it???
Test Subject
#87 Old 11th Dec 2010 at 6:51 AM
and also, where do i extract the files from the megavideo download? because i didnt do anything with those
Lab Assistant
#88 Old 14th Dec 2010 at 6:59 PM
Omg, WOO MKW!!!! Btw, Im a hacker.... AND I LOVE MKW!!!! (Imnotamultihacker)
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#89 Old 22nd Dec 2010 at 12:53 AM
Can I please request 3 new games:
GTA IV
Saint's Row 2
Mafia II
Test Subject
#90 Old 21st Jan 2011 at 12:15 AM
This is such a great idea. I did have a problem/question, though. I only put the two games I wanted in my download folder (Mario Karts and your other package game, Super Smash Bros), and I made sure to read the read me and put everything in its proper place. When I direct my sim to go buy from the shelf, once she gets there the command disappears and nothing happens. I'm guessing something went wrong. Do I have to put all of the games in my game for it to work? Thanks so much! :D
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#91 Old 13th Feb 2011 at 1:05 AM
This is to everyone who has the blue flashing screen...

Quote:
Once you have put the Wii.avi in C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2\TSData\Res\Movies\Games\esrb
You need to go to C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2\TSData\Res\Movies\Games\INI
There look for the "esrb configuration settings"
Open it and you should see something like
[Broadcasts]
0=vgs_ea_games
1=vgs_esrb_e
Etc.
Find where it ends. Mine ended on 4, so i added: "5=vgs_wii"
Whichever number it ends on, add the next line.
Most of you will end with 3, so add "4=vgs_wii"
Then scroll all the way to the bottom and add:
[vgs_wii]
IsGames=1
Folder=Games/esrb
File=wii.avi

Now the wii.avi should work.

Oh and for those who have either the deluxe or double deluxe editions, you can still play these games. All you have to do is to follow the readme, but change the C:\program files\EA Games\The Sims 2\TSData\Res\Movies\Games
to

C:\program files\EA Games\The Sims 2 Deluxe\Base\TSData\Res\Movies\Games

or

C:\program files\EA Games\The Sims 2 Double Deluxe\Base\TSData\Res\Movies\Games

The same method goes for the INI files, and that's it, Enjoy!
Test Subject
#92 Old 15th Feb 2011 at 10:34 PM
I followed the directions to the letter (even going so far as to rename the avi files so that the upper-case letters match the ones in the config files) and figured out how to place the rack in a community lot and my sim purchased the games with no problem. However, when I bring the games home and try to play them, The Sims 2 crashes to desktop. What's the problem? And if I can't solve it, how can I remove the game listings from the pie menu?
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#93 Old 23rd Mar 2011 at 1:13 AM
Hello, I have a request, and I can't seem to PM you. Should I e-mail you, or just put the request here?
Test Subject
#94 Old 26th Mar 2011 at 10:40 AM
Hi, i have the same problem like user826.
I have installed your games exactly how you told it in the readme file an on your website note. everything is ok until the point when i click on "play game -) Mariokart" the sim turns on the pc, insert the cd (animation) and then the game stops and crashes to desktop with an error message.
I have all EP's and SP's maybe could the problem be with the new games (c&c 3, BUS,...)? Have somebody a idea how to solve this problem?
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#95 Old 13th Apr 2011 at 8:33 AM
nice! new games my sims were getting bored of the old ones thanks
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#96 Old 25th Apr 2011 at 9:06 PM
I've tried everything you said and I couldn't find that con.settings one, and I got all the videos and the folders to it, but when my sim tried to play it, all it done is blink blue!
Test Subject
#97 Old 5th Jun 2011 at 10:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by user826
I followed the directions to the letter (even going so far as to rename the avi files so that the upper-case letters match the ones in the config files) and figured out how to place the rack in a community lot and my sim purchased the games with no problem. However, when I bring the games home and try to play them, The Sims 2 crashes to desktop. What's the problem? And if I can't solve it, how can I remove the game listings from the pie menu?

Do you have VP6 codec installed? If not, then you might need to download it and install it.

http://www.free-codecs.com/download/vp6.htm

And if you have ffdshow installed, you might need to add your latest sims2 exe file to the "Don't use ffdshow in" on the DirectShow control tab on the video and audio configuration.
Test Subject
#98 Old 18th Jun 2011 at 12:23 AM
Your Right!
Your right MLT, I have the same problem and still nobody will answer me.
Test Subject
#99 Old 18th Jun 2011 at 12:27 AM
Still somebody's Halo 2 video game actually works! I just wish he had made even more games. I'm getting really tired of that Halo 2 video game he made...
Test Subject
#100 Old 2nd Jul 2011 at 11:47 PM
It took me three days only to put Mario Kart Wii. Every day, all my downloads of the other day were erased !
Page 4 of 6