Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

One More Slot Please! (with vertical shifting) [Update 2 Nov 2011]

by granthes Posted 16th Dec 2010 at 7:27 PM - Updated 4th Mar 2012 at 5:37 PM by granthes : Updated link to Tipsy OMSP

407 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 192 Feedback Posts, 214 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 7 of 17
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#151 Old 11th Nov 2011 at 2:22 PM
I hate to say that, but... it`s still not working!
Test Subject
#152 Old 11th Nov 2011 at 6:27 PM Last edited by Depletion : 11th Nov 2011 at 6:42 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by LadyOfSorrows
I hate to say that, but... it`s still not working!

Make sure you uninstall the old version then install the newer version (if you're running pets). If you're still encountering errors make sure you're not running any conflicting mods. Create a vanilla folder and install just OMSP and play with a base house and see if it works properly...

Mine functions perfectly now.. All my objects are where I placed them last night before saving and exiting. :[

[Edit]
Ok.. I just... encountered what you're talking about...( I think... 'o_o)

I tabbed out into play to make sure my object wasn't floating (it was. Hurr) and I went back into buy and selected the OMSP.... And I only had those three options... So I just hit "reset" and it brought up the full menu.
Lab Assistant
#153 Old 14th Nov 2011 at 5:31 PM Last edited by groovilicious : 16th Nov 2011 at 2:12 PM.
This is the best OMSP I've used!! Thank you!! :lovestruc

p.s. Just in cases wishes do come true... You know what would be most handy for myself (and perhaps others)? A '5 cm' setting in the interface.

Thank you again for *all* your fantastic work!
Test Subject
#154 Old 15th Nov 2011 at 1:09 PM
i cant seem to get it installed/extracted. It says its a package file and im not too sure how to do so. i installed the 7-Zip thing but it wont let me, obviously as it is package it wont work. Can someone please help? Thanks
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#155 Old 18th Nov 2011 at 3:08 AM
Brilliant! The best MTS-download I've seen in a while. This will be so useful. Thanks!
Smeg Head
THANKS POST
#156 Old 22nd Nov 2011 at 7:07 AM
Wow, I didn't know there was a pets 1.26 update for this. I've been running the old version with pets without any problems. The only reason I checked in was to see if you ever got round to clearing up the very minor issue of the omsp always being visible the first time you re-enter a lot. Not a big deal on a residential lot, just go into buy mode to kick the script in the butt, reminding it the object is supposed to be invisible in play mode. HugeLunatic's invisble driveway suffers from same. On a community lot, though, it's a bit of a drag. Needing to faff around with cheats to go into buy mode. I guess if the invisible scripting stuff is another modder's original work, then you won't be delving into that. Ah well. Thanks all the same. I'll download the new version and keep it on standby. Don't want to rock the boat if the old one is still functioning normally.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#157 Old 23rd Nov 2011 at 11:46 AM Last edited by cateyes2201 : 23rd Nov 2011 at 1:36 PM.
Hm, i'm really wondering that no more guys have download this OMSP. It's the best ever.
I've create a kitchen with a counter that have included shelves. But its not possible to make slots for the shelves. They are not working in game. Now i've tested the counter with this OMSP and it works fine! Sims can use the appliance on the countertop without grumble. *hehe*
Thank you very much for this wonderful item.
Now i have a question. Can i have the permission to give a link on this site, when i will offer my kitchen?
Sry, i'm from germany and my english it's not so good. I hope you can understand me.

Greets Cat
Lab Assistant
#158 Old 23rd Nov 2011 at 4:42 PM
Hello clever! Did you know that your shiftable OMSP works on wall objects like shelves and paintings and curtains! Oh My!

I don't know if nobody noticed or mentioned before (I didn't go through all the replies) but I stumbled across this lovely bonus when placing some of orangemittens versatile shelving... I needed the shelves to be at a very particular above-counter height, and also wanted to place them off-grid, so on a whim, I tried sticking the shelf on the OMSP... It worked! Since then, I've tried it with a painting and a curtain... The OMSP doesn't allow the painting and curtain to slide around off grid with the Alt key, but it does let you adjust the height of anything you're sticking to the wall! Squee!

Also I was having trouble getting my curtain cloned from a painting to place next to a corner of a wall - it kept wanting to snap to the right angle wall instead of the wall facing me... I popped that sucker on an OMSP and now I can place paintings and curtains in corners! :-)

Making a ceiling height curtain over an entry:

Just thought I'd share and say thank you!
Smeg Head
THANKS POST
#159 Old 24th Nov 2011 at 1:09 PM
But then I went and swapped out the old for the new anyway. The thought that a non-updated mod, however fine it may seem, may yet cause havoc, won me over. In game I noticed there's a new height difference. The new version is a slight taller, higher, whatever. All the clutter items with ugly bases that had once been concealed were now visible. All else hanging a little way above the surfaces they once appeared to rest upon. Use the "down 1cm" I say, then attempt. Did it remedy? No, sent the whole thing rocketing through the floor. No real surprise, I've seen it do that before. Have cake? Eat it? Not on your Nelly, sir. Last option, swap out the new for the old. In game everything back to normal, shortened rightly and neatly to their previous heights. Final check to see if functionality is intact after rocking that boat I didn't want to rock. All's well that ends well. Have cake? Eat it? Just finishing off the last crumbs, sir. Now there's a tall story for you. That reminds me, I must go check out the lastest high scores on Portal 2. MMMMM, cake...
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#160 Old 24th Nov 2011 at 7:42 PM
OMG thanks this is so cool!
Lab Assistant
#161 Old 30th Nov 2011 at 1:01 PM
This thing is great, I love it ♥
Test Subject
#162 Old 3rd Dec 2011 at 12:16 AM
Default Is this the problem?
Quote: Originally posted by divalbw2
Thank you Serendipity for your reply. Unfortunately, this does not help. I did try testingcheatsenabled and then ctrl+shift+click - just as the directions say here, but the only menu that comes up for me is "clone". This is so frustrating. Must be something in my game (or not) that is preventing this from working for me. I'm scratching my head - any more help???

And yes, I am in buy mode. I will try to post a picture if this helps.

You may be clicking the wrong object. If you put it under an object to make it grow, instead keeping it in the open, it will click the object it's under. For example, you want to put something on a pedestal. The platform is placed in the pedestal. Since it's inside the pedestal, it can't be clicked on. Therefore, leave the platform in the open. Make it tall, then shrink it to fit your object.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#163 Old 4th Dec 2011 at 6:19 AM
so...this lets me place like plants and decorations anywhere? AWSOME!!! omg i cant wait to try it out!!!! your a genious!! :D
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#164 Old 5th Dec 2011 at 3:02 PM
How do I make it transparent?
Instructor
Original Poster
#165 Old 5th Dec 2011 at 7:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by susanna.suhonen
How do I make it transparent?

Simply exiting from build mode back to play mode should make the OMSP disappear.

It is designed to show up only in build mode.

codename: granthes -- Developer of Sims3/4 utilities
Now working on modding tools for the Sims 4 CAS Demo
Test Subject
#166 Old 6th Dec 2011 at 4:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by granthes
Simply exiting from build mode back to play mode should make the OMSP disappear.

It is designed to show up only in build mode.

OK. Didn´t even try that! Thank´s a lot!
Test Subject
#167 Old 10th Dec 2011 at 7:16 AM
Hey, nice mod! I cant select it in buy mode. I have both cheats on, and no menu to raise and such comes up! Any help? Plaese?
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#168 Old 13th Dec 2011 at 4:59 PM
Thx a lot for this
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#169 Old 8th Jan 2012 at 8:41 PM
Awesome, I really needed to redownload this and I wasn't sure whether it would be updated for Pets yet. Thanks again.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#170 Old 9th Jan 2012 at 9:47 PM
Oh, man. I've literally looked through over a hundred pages in different categories to find this now. Just reinstalled The Sims... Couldn't play without this. Thank you so much for this.
Test Subject
#171 Old 15th Jan 2012 at 12:52 AM
I can not find it in the game. When I start the game it is on the list of modscript found but I can not find it, where should I check? I checked among surfaces.
Test Subject
#172 Old 15th Jan 2012 at 10:17 AM
Never mind I found it. Guess I didn't just saw it.
Test Subject
#173 Old 17th Jan 2012 at 10:39 PM
Hello granthes,

I just love your omsp! This is the only cc buymode object I use - decorating only with Maxis originals.

I checked and with pet ep installed I use your updates omsp. I have one issue lately with it and can't figure out the reason so far. Right now I have a large lot with tons of deko placed using your omsp. Some of them seem to forget their height when reentering this lot after freshly loading the game. Those will stay forgetfull and might loose their hight already with switching to live mode. If I delete them and use a new one from the menu it will stay up again but others might go down next time. Can't figure out, if only certain items cause this behaviour - so far its the candles (tiny table lamps), several smaller plants, also desk decoration as pencils with paper, pet food bags... totally different objects as you can see.

They stay up fine as long as I don't switch to livemode, most time they even accept live mode but might go down at freshly loading the lot.

I'll give it even more attention from now on, maybe I can track down the commoness of the incidents.

Greetings
lichtje
Test Subject
#174 Old 26th Jan 2012 at 10:37 PM
Is this supposed to work in 1.29? I can't find the OMSP from misc surfaces.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#175 Old 27th Jan 2012 at 3:01 AM Last edited by NoFriendz : 27th Jan 2012 at 3:22 AM. Reason: I'm going to try the pre-pets download, fingers-crossed this will solve the problem
This mod crashes my game, but I REALLY REALLY want it for movie set making. I've tried a couple of times running the game with it and without it installed, and whenever it's installed the game either shuts itself down or crashes when saving (it deleted my whole neighbourhood in the process, good thing I have back ups)

I'm currently running sims 3 on a seperate computer with no internet access, as such I don't have the latest patches installed, my game version is 6.0.81.00.9001

I was wondering if this could be the reason this mod is crashing my game, even though it says it should work with the earlier patches? If so, do I download only the 1.26 patch and install it or do I have to download every patch from my game version onwards?

Thanks in advance
Page 7 of 17