Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

TS4 MorphMaker - updated to V4.5.2 on 4/19/2023

by CmarNYC Posted 4th Jun 2018 at 6:41 PM - Updated 19th Apr 2023 at 4:23 PM by CmarNYC : Update

643 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 574 Feedback Posts, 68 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 14 of 26
Test Subject
#326 Old 24th Sep 2020 at 12:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CmarNYC
You may have to delete your localthumbscache.package to see your custom thumbnail. If it still doesn't work, please upload your package.

"delete your localthumbscache.package"" works thank you
Test Subject
#327 Old 4th Oct 2020 at 8:31 PM
Hi,
i made a bodypreset, like in the description. I choose a "base skintight mesh" (body_0), imported it in blender, made some changes in edit-mode and sculpt-mode and exported it as body_1. I created the DMaps, and made a preset. Everything is fine.
Later i decided to make some more changes, so i imported body_1 in blender, made my changes and exported it as body_2.
In Morphmaker i choose body_0 as "base skintight mesh" and body_2 as "Morphed skintight". Then i tried to create the DMaps, but the error message "The base and morph mesh faces do not match!" ( pic1 )
Okay, base skintight mesh was body_1 in that case, i thought, so i changed this and the DMap was created successfully. Then i created the preset, but pic2 happened.
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Pics.rar (113.6 KB, 1 downloads)
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#328 Old 5th Oct 2020 at 7:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by zel1302
Hi,
i made a bodypreset, like in the description. I choose a "base skintight mesh" (body_0), imported it in blender, made some changes in edit-mode and sculpt-mode and exported it as body_1. I created the DMaps, and made a preset. Everything is fine.
Later i decided to make some more changes, so i imported body_1 in blender, made my changes and exported it as body_2.
In Morphmaker i choose body_0 as "base skintight mesh" and body_2 as "Morphed skintight". Then i tried to create the DMaps, but the error message "The base and morph mesh faces do not match!" ( pic1 )
Okay, base skintight mesh was body_1 in that case, i thought, so i changed this and the DMap was created successfully. Then i created the preset, but pic2 happened.

Body_1 is already a morph so using that as the base will cause distortion. You should use body_0 as the base and body_2 as the morph. From what you say my guess is that body_1 was changed somehow after you made your first preset, but I'd have to see all three meshes to confirm that.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Test Subject
#329 Old 5th Oct 2020 at 4:14 PM
Ok,
-body0 is for base skintight mesh
-body1 is the 1st morphed mesh; the package workes
-for body2 i imported body1 in blender, made changes and exported it
-same errors as explained before
Attached files:
File Type: rar  meshes.rar (1.02 MB, 3 downloads)
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#330 Old 5th Oct 2020 at 7:38 PM
Ok,
-body0 is for base skintight mesh
-body1 is the 1st morphed mesh; the package workes
-for body2 i imported body1 in blender, made changes and exported it
-same errors as explained before

All three meshes are morphs. You have to use the base mesh exported from the MorphMaker DMap tab as the base every time you make a DMap. You cannot use a morphed mesh exported from the previewer, if that's what you did.

Morph meshes body_0 and body_1 seem to work fine to make a DMap. The faces of the body_2 mesh are not identical, most likely because the order of the vertices was changed by Blender, so it won't work. You should make sure you check the option to keep the vertex order unchanged when you export the morph mesh. I don't know any way to fix the body_2 mesh, so if you still have the blend you can try exporting it again, or you can start with the body_0 or body_1 and reshape them, or start over.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#331 Old 5th Oct 2020 at 10:55 PM Last edited by zel1302 : 5th Oct 2020 at 11:20 PM.
Yes, it works with the basic body mesh for base skintight mesh
thank you
Test Subject
#332 Old 7th Oct 2020 at 12:04 AM
Same problem again.
-body0 is the morphmaker basemap
-body1.1 worked well
- imported and changed body1.1 to body1.2 -> error "The base and morph mesh faces do not match"

operator presets are: apply modifiers, include edges, write normals, objects as OBJ objects, objects as OBJ groups, keep vertex orders

it seems, as long as i keep the morphed body (body1.1) in blender, i can change it as much as i want and export the different changes as different OBJ, but if i import one of the changed OBJ to change it, the error happened.

sorry, my english must be horrible
Attached files:
File Type: rar  meshes.rar (855.0 KB, 2 downloads)
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#333 Old 7th Oct 2020 at 1:45 PM
Same problem again.
-body0 is the morphmaker basemap
-body1.1 worked well
- imported and changed body1.1 to body1.2 -> error "The base and morph mesh faces do not match"

operator presets are: apply modifiers, include edges, write normals, objects as OBJ objects, objects as OBJ groups, keep vertex orders

it seems, as long as i keep the morphed body (body1.1) in blender, i can change it as much as i want and export the different changes as different OBJ, but if i import one of the changed OBJ to change it, the error happened.

sorry, my english must be horrible

Your English is fine.

You could try the 'Keep Vert Order' option in Blender when importing.

Sorry but I don't think I can help beyond that. I don't know the details of how Blender imports and exports meshes, and of course different versions of Blender may work differently. Maybe you can keep using a blend that exports correctly and make new versions from that.

Test Subject
#334 Old 7th Oct 2020 at 6:30 PM
I have tried a little bit myself and i think, i found a solution for my problem.
In morphmaker at the add/edit CAS Preset step, you can choose to look at the preview and there is an option to save the morphed whole sim as OBJ, and this saved OBJ worked für more changes. I tried a few and it seems to work.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#335 Old 7th Oct 2020 at 7:15 PM
I have tried a little bit myself and i think, i found a solution for my problem.
In morphmaker at the add/edit CAS Preset step, you can choose to look at the preview and there is an option to save the morphed whole sim as OBJ, and this saved OBJ worked für more changes. I tried a few and it seems to work.

Yes, those exported morph meshes are made to work for making DMaps.

Test Subject
#336 Old 14th Oct 2020 at 9:05 AM
hi , i usually make my morph by character creator does' it work if i export my character to a .obj and import it into ts4 morph maker ?
thank you for you help
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
#337 Old 14th Oct 2020 at 10:31 AM Last edited by porkypine : 14th Oct 2020 at 10:41 AM.
Fullface bgeo not working - using Morphmaker V4.3 Aug. edition
Hi CmarNYC!

I've been having a problem making a fullface BGEO (intention to make sliders). I can make individual parts and they work in game but when I try to make a fullface package it fails to show up in the game.  To make sure it was not just a bad/corrupted package, I made several test packages using a simple nose modification. The noses all show up in the nose section but the fullface never shows up anywhere, not under faces or skins or any other section that I was able to find.

I've emptied my mod folder just to test these packages so nothing should be conflicting with it.

I wanted to go with a full face slider rather than use makeup because I want to sculpt a unique face for some sims and the individual game presets don't have the fine tuning I want.  If a fullface won't work for this, I'll just make individual parts.

Windows 10
Morphmaker V4.3
Using these directions: https://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=613060
Sims 4 ver 1.67.45.1020 _ I have all EPs, SPs and expansions up to Oct 14, 2020

I've attached my packages and also the component pieces. What am I doing wrong?  :D

Thank you for your assistance.   

~ porkypine
Attached files:
File Type: 7z  Noseworks-Facefails.7z (3.5 KB, 2 downloads)
Description: The nose works and shows up under noses. The full face does not show up anywhere
File Type: 7z  Components.7z (133.1 KB, 2 downloads)
Description: all the component parts that went into the package creation
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#338 Old 14th Oct 2020 at 1:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by fatima
hi , i usually make my morph by character creator does' it work if i export my character to a .obj and import it into ts4 morph maker ?
thank you for you help

Morphs work by changing the normal, base mesh into a different shape by moving vertices. Unless you can use Character Creator to reshape a sims 4 mesh, no it won't work.

Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#339 Old 14th Oct 2020 at 1:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by porkypine
Hi CmarNYC!

I've been having a problem making a fullface BGEO (intention to make sliders). I can make individual parts and they work in game but when I try to make a fullface package it fails to show up in the game.  To make sure it was not just a bad/corrupted package, I made several test packages using a simple nose modification. The noses all show up in the nose section but the fullface never shows up anywhere, not under faces or skins or any other section that I was able to find.

I've emptied my mod folder just to test these packages so nothing should be conflicting with it.

I wanted to go with a full face slider rather than use makeup because I want to sculpt a unique face for some sims and the individual game presets don't have the fine tuning I want.  If a fullface won't work for this, I'll just make individual parts.

Windows 10
Morphmaker V4.3
Using these directions: https://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=613060
Sims 4 ver 1.67.45.1020 _ I have all EPs, SPs and expansions up to Oct 14, 2020

I've attached my packages and also the component pieces. What am I doing wrong?  :D

Thank you for your assistance.   

~ porkypine

Hi!

Fullface presets use a different structure (I vaguely recall they're sim outfits) so you can't make a fullface preset with MorphMaker. I suggest assigning it to the forehead. (I can now work with the sim outfit resource so adding it to MM at some point is not out of the question.)

I apologize for the waste of time and frustration. Honestly I thought I had removed the fullface option from the presets. Maybe it's time for a new version, after I get my other tools working with the latest patch.

Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
#340 Old 14th Oct 2020 at 1:37 PM
Hi!

Fullface presets use a different structure (I vaguely recall they're sim outfits) so you can't make a fullface preset with MorphMaker. I suggest assigning it to the forehead. (I can now work with the sim outfit resource so adding it to MM at some point is not out of the question.)

I apologize for the waste of time and frustration. Honestly I thought I had removed the fullface option from the presets. Maybe it's time for a new version, after I get my other tools working with the latest patch.
Thank you! At least I know why it wasn't working.    I'll wait for your later update. 
Test Subject
#341 Old 6th Nov 2020 at 3:10 AM
hello!
i've been having an issue where an "unhandled exception error" message pops up everytime i hit "create BGEO." when creating the (nose) preset, i made sure not to mess with the original number of vertices on the head mesh. i also did not override the original obj mesh file that is needed for the "base mesh" section. I'm not sure what the issue is, but it will not create the BGEO because of the error message. clicking "continue" on the message does nothing as well.
hopefully you can help, i couldn't find answers anywhere.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#342 Old 6th Nov 2020 at 6:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ncrandoms
hello!
i've been having an issue where an "unhandled exception error" message pops up everytime i hit "create BGEO." when creating the (nose) preset, i made sure not to mess with the original number of vertices on the head mesh. i also did not override the original obj mesh file that is needed for the "base mesh" section. I'm not sure what the issue is, but it will not create the BGEO because of the error message. clicking "continue" on the message does nothing as well.
hopefully you can help, i couldn't find answers anywhere.

Please upload your base and morph meshes.

Test Subject
#343 Old 7th Dec 2020 at 12:55 PM
im also having the unhandled exception error, is there another platform i can contact you on?
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#344 Old 7th Dec 2020 at 1:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sdfghjwedfrghj
im also having the unhandled exception error, is there another platform i can contact you on?

Why contact me on another platform? It's better to have Q and A here where the information may be helpful to others.

As above, please upload your base and morph meshes, and the first 10 or so lines of the error message.

Test Subject
#345 Old 7th Dec 2020 at 1:12 PM
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#346 Old 7th Dec 2020 at 6:58 PM Last edited by CmarNYC : 7th Dec 2020 at 11:56 PM.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/mdn6deji...cRDP5BnPka?dl=0

Thanks. You can't make a BGEO morph with a full body mesh you exported from the DMap tab, plus the number of vertices and faces has changed in the morph mesh. And I'm afraid you can't make a size morph like this with a DMap either. For body resizing you have to use a bone morph.

Test Subject
#347 Old 8th Dec 2020 at 7:20 AM
Thanks. You can't make a BGEO morph with a full body mesh you exported from the DMap tab, plus the number of vertices and faces has changed in the morph mesh. And I'm afraid you can't make a size morph like this with a DMap either. For body resizing you have to use a bone morph.

so how do i make a body preset then? there's no tutorial for that and i don't like height sliders bc they get stuck on the child when they age up. thank you
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#348 Old 8th Dec 2020 at 11:24 AM
so how do i make a body preset then? there's no tutorial for that and i don't like height sliders bc they get stuck on the child when they age up. thank you

Use the tutorial for presets and use a bone morph instead of a BGEO. Be warned that bone morphs are tricky to work with though, and may need lots of experimentation and testing, and I can't help with that.

Test Subject
#349 Old 8th Dec 2020 at 1:41 PM
Use the tutorial for presets and use a bone morph instead of a BGEO. Be warned that bone morphs are tricky to work with though, and may need lots of experimentation and testing, and I can't help with that.

thank you, and how do i do that? i can't figure out the bone morph page
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#350 Old 8th Dec 2020 at 2:41 PM
thank you, and how do i do that? i can't figure out the bone morph page

In the bone morph tab, click the button for a new file. The root bone will appear in the bone list. Underneath, change the root bone to whatever bone you want to use. Change the numbers for offset, scale, and rotation. Offset = move a bone, scale = change size, rotation = rotate a bone. Vertices will move if they're assigned to the bone. Add another bone with the New Bone/Slot button.

The preview will show you how the mesh morphs, but I can't guarantee 100% accuracy plus it may not behave the same way in-game due to restrictions the game puts on the rig. You'll just have to experiment. Also the whole bone morph interface is a little crude and you may run into glitches in the interface I haven't been able to resolve.

Luumia has a good set of height sliders and presets you can use as examples. However, he was unable to make them for children and toddlers without severe distortion, so IMO this is a difficult project and no one will be able to help because as far as I know no one has done it successfully.
https://luumiasims.com/post/1748676...r-plus-moremore

Page 14 of 26