Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Brightening up BodyShop for a Spring Cleaning

by WesHowe Posted 18th Feb 2007 at 7:11 AM - Updated 27th Nov 2013 at 9:13 PM by Nysha

235 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 217 Feedback Posts, 17 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 10
Field Researcher
#51 Old 18th Feb 2007 at 4:35 PM
OMG thank you sooo much! I always HATED BS b/c of the darkness! I could hardly see what I was doing! Thank you!

~Sarah~
Lab Assistant
#52 Old 18th Feb 2007 at 4:44 PM
Awesome! I always hated the lighting in BS. This makes it so much better. Thanks a bunches!
Field Researcher
#53 Old 18th Feb 2007 at 5:14 PM
Simply BRILLIANT cudos to you, thankyou,thankyou, thankyou, getting awefully tired of squinting at the flippin BS screen....should be loads nicer now
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#54 Old 18th Feb 2007 at 5:40 PM
Omg Wes. As if Unimesh wasn't enough of a gift.... this so totally rocks

PS - corvi, several of us proposed already in Jan, so you'll have to get in line!

"Undertake something that is difficult; it will do you good. Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow." - Ronald E. Osborn

Please do NOT PM me with requests, creation questions, or game help questions. Click for help:
Game Help | Create | Content List | Where Can I Find?
Test Subject
#55 Old 18th Feb 2007 at 5:42 PM
Thank you so much for this!
I have been waiting two years for something to make body shop lighter
You rock!
Field Researcher
#56 Old 18th Feb 2007 at 6:05 PM
Aside pillow fighting, idiotic pranks and others, BS lighting was always the most annoying thing concerning Sims. Thank you so much! You are a genius.
Scholar
#57 Old 18th Feb 2007 at 6:14 PM
Oh my god, Great work!! Thanks a lot for making this, you can't imagine how much I hated the bad lightning in bodyshop.
Thanks a lot again
Test Subject
#58 Old 18th Feb 2007 at 6:29 PM
Awesome! Thanks for sharing.
Lab Assistant
#59 Old 18th Feb 2007 at 6:35 PM
Thanks SO much! You're brilliant!
Instructor
#60 Old 18th Feb 2007 at 6:53 PM
This rocks! Thanks ever so much!!!

Also keep paysites free by supporting PSMBD!
http://paysites.mustbedestroyed.org/booty/
Scholar
#61 Old 18th Feb 2007 at 7:05 PM
FINALLY!! Thank you so very much for sparing my eyesight!
Instructor
#62 Old 18th Feb 2007 at 7:11 PM
I'm back...had to look at BodyShop with "new eyes" lol
Ok, I've tested your brillant idea...and it's a bit too brillant, at least in my computer.
Things kind of glow so much you can not see details in specific places, such as the collar, for instance.

Maybe you could dim the lights just a bit? Please.....I don't want to miss out on your life saving invention

When all Courage is necessary, all Hope is justified!

To know something about me read: this interview
Test Subject
#63 Old 18th Feb 2007 at 7:24 PM
Oh thanks ! This is really helpful! :D
Top Secret Researcher
#64 Old 18th Feb 2007 at 7:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by alexasrosa
I'm back...had to look at BodyShop with "new eyes" lol
Ok, I've tested your brillant idea...and it's a bit too brillant, at least in my computer.
Things kind of glow so much you can not see details in specific places, such as the collar, for instance.

Maybe you could dim the lights just a bit? Please.....I don't want to miss out on your life saving invention

I'm kinda agree. I LOVE this, but can you tone down the lights a little? lighter than game bodyshop, but juuuuust a little darker than this mod.
Lab Assistant
#65 Old 18th Feb 2007 at 7:33 PM
Oh, thank heavens. It's about time someone got to this.
Many thanks.

Stability :: Sanity :: Reality
These are subjective and nonessential.
Lab Assistant
#66 Old 18th Feb 2007 at 7:49 PM
Its totally fabulous that someone has figured out how to do this at long last.. BUT.. dare I say that it is a tad too bright.

I really hate to sound negative but its actually harder to see than before, I can't see any details on my skins now due to the glare... LOL

I hope some kind soul can make another version that has a little less wattage!

Other than it being too bright, thanks very very much for figuring out how to do this.
Screenshots
Field Researcher
#67 Old 18th Feb 2007 at 7:55 PM
This will help so much, thanks
Alchemist
Original Poster
#68 Old 18th Feb 2007 at 8:01 PM
I appreciate all the nice comments.
I will look at the overall brightness again. Making the change to adjust that will be a lot easier than finding where the 'knobs' were in the first place.
<* Wes *>
Lab Assistant
#69 Old 18th Feb 2007 at 8:16 PM
Oops I accidentally clicked thanks button. XD okay here's feedback.
To me its a little too bright to me especially when using lighter skins and light clothes, and detail, and it kinda hurts my eyes after a while. >_< Could you dim the lights a little please? That would help alot if you can. :D
Lab Assistant
#70 Old 18th Feb 2007 at 8:22 PM Last edited by fanseelamb : 18th Feb 2007 at 8:28 PM. Reason: converted to "feedback" post
I'm not sure, but I think something's wrong with it. I installed it in the "Config" folder and tested it out in bodyshop. It was a little too bright for me so I uninstalled it. Now, when I try to upload to the Ts2 exchange, it won't work. I reinstalled it and it still doesn't work. Maybe the exchange is broken down but people are saying it's fine for them. So, I'm not sure if this can be fixed, but yeah, I think it might be because of the lighting thing.

Edit: Oops, I think I clicked the thanks button
Lab Assistant
#71 Old 18th Feb 2007 at 8:24 PM
You are so awesome!! I have been waiting for a fix for this for so long. I HATE not being able to see details when I am creating in bodyshop. THANK YOU THANK YOU!

nothing beautiful is ever perfect
Lab Assistant
#72 Old 18th Feb 2007 at 8:41 PM
I agree with a few things that have been said; it's a little TOO bright. Just the same, though, the idea alone makes this down in history as one of the greatest mods ever created. We have needed this since day one! Thank you so much!! :D

"Passion makes no accommodation for self-preservation."
Instructor
#73 Old 18th Feb 2007 at 8:45 PM Last edited by fanseelamb : 18th Feb 2007 at 8:53 PM. Reason: converted to "thanks" post... lol
Hearken O Ye Nations! Make a joyful noise unto the Lord!
There are no words of praise sincere enough, large enough in intention, or meaningful enough to convey the heart-felt adulation and praise I want to offer you, Wes. This is a technical achievement of small nature, but for the many of us you have to labour in the coal-mine of Body Shop, it is like a blessing from Heaven. You are surely a god among the Pantheon of Sims! There will soon be a Temple of Wes in Pleasantview! Thank you!

I have only one God, Choice. If you remove the right to choose from any equation, how have you improved the world?
Field Researcher
#74 Old 18th Feb 2007 at 8:54 PM
This is so great, Wes, I've been waiting for something like this for ages! Lighting in BS has always been a problem for me.
Thank you so much!! You're my hero!
Inventor
#75 Old 18th Feb 2007 at 8:56 PM
pretty neato

:::OpenHouse For Sims:::
[ click here to go there ]
::check out my site for updates and freebies::
Page 3 of 10