Replies: 351 (Who?), Viewed: 18776 times.
Page 13 of 15
Alchemist
Original Poster
#301 Old 8th Jul 2021 at 7:24 AM
Day...I give up.

I have been quietly protesting to my father about fixing the showerhead because of how short I am. He told me he'll look into finding a pipe to extend the showerhead closer to my height. Also on the Do-For list: hang up my blacklight and investigate how much it will cost to fix my fried hair.

I should be the only one to shine,
I am the Golden Queen of Shadow Galactica
(Translation of a line from image song Golden Queen Galaxia)
Mad Poster
#302 Old 9th Jul 2021 at 4:04 AM Last edited by simmer22 : 9th Jul 2021 at 4:17 AM.
First the old internet box gives up (or one of the components, anyway - the box still worked, but apparently it was "outdated"), so it was replaced. Then mom's ancient laptop can't handle the new wifi network, so we had to get one of those USB wifi thingies to plug into it. Then one TV box fails and refuses to show any channels, and a couple days later the other box decides, "oh what the *%# I'll join the team of outdated junk that needs upgrading just to get it out of the way".

At least the new boxes "included everything needed" - even batteries for the remote controls and every single cable mentioned in the handbook (I was absolutely sure we'd have to buy at least one of them)

Had some issues with the internet setup (why does one cable NOT work, but the other cable work, even though it's in principle the exact same cable and the old one worked for the old box? I have no idea... But new cable worked).

And now we needs to be veeeewy veeeevy careful to not upset the oldest TV, because the remote control disappeared a long time ago in an apartment far, far away (unless it's in a moving box somewhere), and I spent probably ten minutes messing with the side buttons (which is 99% guesswork) to find the one single blasted channel button that would show the correct signal from the box. Also, the screen keeps flickering, but that could be just the age of the TV or some such - maybe it doesn't like the new box...
Mad Poster
#303 Old 9th Jul 2021 at 12:04 PM
Tropical storm Elsa is making her way up the coast. I didn't need a weather person to tell me this. The temperature is only in low 70's, but the frickin' humidity is well above 80%. The outside of the windows are foggy because it is literally like a greenhouse outside. Just what the black cherry plants that I was planning to spray today need; rain and humidity. Meh! I'm sure they'll be nice and hydrated when I deal with them on Sunday because tomorrow is supposed to be more of the same weather-wise.

I suppose everybody needs a break from being outside anyway. Dingus was stung by a wasp not once, but twice yesterday. He cut down a dead pine tree only to find out wasps had made a nest in said dead pine tree. He's fine, he didn't have a severe reaction, but was sore all afternoon and had to take some Benedryl last night before bed. The good news is we've cleared all of the dead trees. There is a dead branch on one of the bigger oaks that needs to be dealt with, but it is too big for us to handle. I'll be talking to the tree company about dealing with that when they show up to trim the Japanese Maple and to chip the now monster-sized pile of brush in the other side yard.

Since I'm sitting here complaining, Rona numbers are rising as they are everywhere else. It isn't by insane amounts like last fall, but I have to wonder if there will be another explosion in case numbers like last fall. The number of cases got well above 30,000 long before the bell rang for the new year. People insist on cramming themselves onto airplanes and all the other things that spreads germs. I read a article the other day about the Vegas strip which is now open. People there whether they are visiting or not are acting like there is nothing going on, it's business as usual. Yeah, no.

It is going to be a long winter; more time to contemplate what kind of fence I want. We canceled the contract we had for September as there was some shady crap going on that wasn't sitting well with me. Things that should have been written in were missing, then there was a problem with the timing of when we could cancel if we decided to do that, ect... Maybe by next spring there won't be all the ongoing supply chain issues like there are right now. Talking to anybody about home improvement projects right now feels like predatory and scam-ish.
Scholar
#304 Old 12th Jul 2021 at 12:04 AM
I hate my stupid country sometimes, today is one of those days.

Someone I love just died.

So people acting like pathetic babies because some overpaid athletes lost a stupid football game is really pissing me off.
Alchemist
Original Poster
#305 Old 12th Jul 2021 at 2:38 AM
Bipolar and my struggle with it is the very definition of insanity. I dive headlong into giant projects and then peter out or I buy numerous items that I only need one of and not only is it insanity for me, but my mother suffers through it (I inherited this issue from my father so she suffers from an outside perspective)

Not to mention the way my father and I see ourselves is like looking into 3 mirrors, each displaying the polar opposites and the baseline.

The ups and downs lately are just driving me crazy!

My bedroom is extremely cold for July...at least the mollies and screws for my black light have been bought. Now all I need to do is dig out the blacklight.

Mad Poster
#306 Old 12th Jul 2021 at 10:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzy-noodles
I hate my stupid country sometimes, today is one of those days.

Someone I love just died.

So people acting like pathetic babies because some overpaid athletes lost a stupid football game is really pissing me off.

I'm sorry for your loss.
Mad Poster
#307 Old 13th Jul 2021 at 12:43 AM
I don't know why I read news headlines. All it does is piss me off.

First headline: Over 300 people tested positive for Rona over the weekend. Media however continues to bitch about people like myself. I've left the house twice in over a year in a half; they can fug off with their lectures.

Second headline: Almost all of the beaches in my state tested positive for toxic levels of fecal matter last year. Is shitting all over beaches a new thing?

I'll stick to my yard, thankyouverymuch.
Alchemist
Original Poster
#308 Old 16th Jul 2021 at 5:50 AM
ARGH!

I've been deprived of sleep for 48 hours!

WHO NEEDS SLEEP?

I DON'T NEED SLEEP!

I AM THE WALKING LIVING!

(this sums up having to wear a heavy sweat jacket and my dreaded black stretch yoga pants from Old Navy when I was a teenager. They still fit is the bigger mystery in my rage and anxiety to go to sleep but my father cranked the AC extremely high that I will have to sleep on the couch while my cat peels out like a bat out of hell.)

Alchemist
#309 Old 16th Jul 2021 at 1:32 PM
Company I work for sends out letter saying everyone has to have the covid vaccine by Autumn or lose job. My midwife suggested that it benefits the baby most in the third trimester so that's when I was gonna get the vaccine.

Ask my manager about it because I dunno what "vaccinated by autumn" really means and whether I can keep with my original plan. She has no idea about it. Sends me to someone else.

That someone else tells me the vaccine is safe in pregnancy (I know, thats why I want to get it. In my third trimester) and sends me to someone else if I have more questions.

Someone else #3 sends me on to someone else #4.

I have a stress headache! At least person #4 had the answer!

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Alchemist
Original Poster
#310 Old 21st Jul 2021 at 6:58 PM
Well, I saw the gastroenterologist and she said my endocrinologist, Dr. VB is leaving the health center so that meant choosing a new one. I chose a woman, Dr. M-LaM and I have an appointment with her near my 34th birthday.

Not one of my brightest days.

Scholar
#311 Old 27th Jul 2021 at 9:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gargoyle Cat
I'm sorry for your loss.

Thank you, that's very kind.

Sorry for the late reply, I haven't been on here as much lately due to grieving. But I'm trying to get back to normal life as much as I can, so I'm going to get back to simming soon, I do miss it.
Alchemist
Original Poster
#312 Old 27th Jul 2021 at 2:29 PM Last edited by PANDAQUEEN : 28th Jul 2021 at 5:25 PM.
Quote:
Thank you, that's very kind.

Sorry for the late reply, I haven't been on here as much lately due to grieving. But I'm trying to get back to normal life as much as I can, so I'm going to get back to simming soon, I do miss it.

Take your time in grieving. I try to stay strong, but I eventually break down and have a good cry.

Then I feel better.

Came back from my pre-op clearance and they need me to see a cardiologist. I only have one day left before the operation of reconstructive oral surgery and if I get in, they may on the likelihood cancel my operation.

Oh well, another doctor for another part of the anatomy. Fuck My Life as abbreviation isn't enough for the egregious issue of new doctors.

Scholar
#313 Old 3rd Aug 2021 at 12:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PANDAQUEEN
Take your time in grieving. I try to stay strong, but I eventually break down and have a good cry.

Then I feel better.

Came back from my pre-op clearance and they need me to see a cardiologist. I only have one day left before the operation of reconstructive oral surgery and if I get in, they may on the likelihood cancel my operation.

Oh well, another doctor for another part of the anatomy. Fuck My Life as abbreviation isn't enough for the egregious issue of new doctors.

Thanks, that's really kind, and good advice, need to let it out sometimes.

I always thought this song was sad, but now I'm crying along with a bacardi https://youtu.be/aa0KlmW2X28 Oh well.

Good luck for your operation, I hope you get to have it (after all the build up, it's a relief to get it out fo the way). Fingers crossed everything goes well x
Alchemist
Original Poster
#314 Old 7th Aug 2021 at 5:24 PM
Quote:
Thanks, that's really kind, and good advice, need to let it out sometimes.

I always thought this song was sad, but now I'm crying along with a bacardi https://youtu.be/aa0KlmW2X28 Oh well.

Good luck for your operation, I hope you get to have it (after all the build up, it's a relief to get it out fo the way). Fingers crossed everything goes well x

The operation happened and I had a herpes simplex 1 cold sore and a fat lip for a week.

At least a WalMart run will be ok. I need to pick up some bread, butter and a gift for my going through with the operation (I was supposed to have it at the end of May, but I had that emergency hospital visit from Hell: screaming IV monitor, annoying drama queen roommate and a 36 hour medicine withdrawal. Made enough of a fuss to leave after 48 hours.)

Alchemist
Original Poster
#315 Old 10th Aug 2021 at 1:24 AM
Today was a shocker.

Turned out my aunt Fran has a set of dentures for the top of her mouth. I screamed out of shock.

My mother told me she has bad teeth as well.

Well, does anyone know how to earn $60,000 for implants? Because I find dentures too much maintenance, even if I brush with extreme prejudice.

Scholar
#316 Old 15th Aug 2021 at 1:50 AM
Sometimes I I really wish I was male - sex always makes me falll in love and I can't imagine it from the other side - are you just all robots?
Mad Poster
#317 Old 17th Aug 2021 at 7:37 PM Last edited by Gargoyle Cat : 17th Aug 2021 at 10:30 PM.
I was having a decent day, until I decided to do laundry.

I always soak masks before I wash them. Somebody thought it would be cool to add a green mask into the soak bucket leaving almost everything else in the bucket whatever color it was supposed to be and now have splotchy green patches.

Same person decided to destroy a small, fabric grocery bag with spaghetti sauce because rinsing it before the stain set would be have been too hard. Finding the bits of onion and what have you was a added bonus.

The washing machine is dying. It wouldn't finish washing the load mentioned above, but will drain and spin. So, I washed said load of wash by hand in the laundry sink, tossed it back into the machine to spin it out and chucked everything sans the now stained grocery bag in the dryer. The offending green mask went in the trash. Until we can get the washer replaced, I guess I'll be spending my time washing everything by hand because there is no way in hell I'm going to the laundromat. They are stupidly expensive and I don't want peoples creeping crud. I've been grossed out enough today after using the new carpet cleaner on The Boys' rug in his room. I'm going to have to 'clean it' a few times before it's actually clean. The first time I went over it, the water was like mud. The second time was more like coffee with creamer in it. What the actual frick?! There is no shortage of things to clean with in this house. We also have not one, but two vacuum cleaners. One upstairs and one for downstairs. He's been told that he's not allowed to wear shoes in the house or in his room anymore.

EDIT: New washer will be here over the weekend. Got one on clearance ( it's brand new, still in the box. Store reduced price by more than half because it is a 2-year old model) so that helps, I guess. It would be better if companies made stuff that actually lasted instead of having to always replace crap because it breaks, but that is a rant in and of itself. Our current machine is about 5-6 years old.
Alchemist
Original Poster
#318 Old 20th Aug 2021 at 10:19 AM Last edited by PANDAQUEEN : 20th Aug 2021 at 11:09 AM.
Quote:
Sometimes I I really wish I was male - sex always makes me falll in love and I can't imagine it from the other side - are you just all robots?

No...you're normal.

Feeling this way is normal for a good portion of women.

Sex and falling in love...that is part of life. Trust me, crushing on numerous men in the the STEAM careers is, for me, just another way to escape when I get overwhelmed.

I'm currently caring for my father who is laid up with a new knee.

Mad Poster
#319 Old 20th Aug 2021 at 5:55 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 23rd Aug 2021 at 6:15 AM.
Found a moth (or some kind of black, furry insect with wings) in my freshly washed waterbottle - and I'd already drunk some before I noticed (EWWWW!), which means the bottle has to be washed again (ain't drinking any more from that one before it's clean again). That thing most likely was there half the day, because there's no other way it could've gotten into a sealed bottle than while it was drying on a towel for a bit before I filled it up. I have no idea how I didn't spot the thing sooner, though

These little critters are getting on my nerves... Anyone wonders why I don't like summer? This (along with heat) is the main reason. Can't stand the tiny critters. They are E V E R Y W H E R E!
Mad Poster
#320 Old 20th Aug 2021 at 8:41 PM
This didn't really ruin my day, it is annoying or should I say adding to the pile of annoyances for the day.

The person I 'go to' for hurricane news is lumping everybody under the idiot category. I understand what he's trying to do, but to be repeatedly told that I have no clue on how to prepare for a hurricane is really, really frickin' annoying.

We have a generator, back up food supply ( this does not include 5 gallons of milk and a freezer full of ice cream that so many people love to do) that can be made should the power go out, we keep bottled water around, extra batteries, ect... for these types of situations plus Nor' Easters and blizzards. Not far from me has been like a beehive all day with people getting their boats out of the water and so on. While I do live among lots of idiots, there are some of us that do understand that hurricanes are bigger than a person's ego. Along those same lines, those of us that understand this also understand that most deaths that occur during a hurricane are completely preventable.

There are those unfortunate stories of people being killed because a tree fell on their house, but those are less common than the deaths that occur because people are being stupid with things like rip tides, driving around when they should be home and sometimes simply refusing to leave when they know where they are is going to be taken over by water. Like anywhere else that is prone to hurricanes, houses are not built to endure hours upon hours of high and wind and being pounded by high ocean storm surges. The difference between where I am and lets say Florida, we don't have the sink hole problem Florida does.

It has been such a fun-filled week. Meh!
Alchemist
#321 Old 21st Aug 2021 at 7:21 PM
Burnt my arm while getting potatoes out of the oven

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Mad Poster
#322 Old 22nd Aug 2021 at 5:48 PM
O'Cedar mops; I do not recommend them. It isn't the mop that is the problem, it is the bucket with the wringer. I had one break on me a couple of months ago, then my 'spare' just broke while washing the kitchen floor. For some irony, I ordered a new mop ( it's a boring microfiber pad that has to be wrung out by hand as I'm over paying for springs that break) this morning as I had a funny feeling that this second O'Cedar was going to break sooner rather than later.

Since I have no idea when that order will be in since New York and other places south of me are being pounded on by Henri, I put in a order locally for a similar kind of microfiber pad mop. I'm okay with having 2 mops in the house, but the stupid O'Cedar just couldn't wait until the order I made this morning came in. No, that would be too easy.
Alchemist
Original Poster
#323 Old 24th Aug 2021 at 7:55 PM Last edited by PANDAQUEEN : 25th Aug 2021 at 12:46 AM.
Just very sore from helping out around the house. Especially since I have my father's knee to care for, to which he took a picture of his freshly unbandaged scar and bruising and said "One for the album..."

My mother sent me a conflicting set of text messages that didn't line up with the ones my father received about tonight's plans. I had given her my money I earned for the small favors and she said I would have the money deposited in her bank (we used different banks due to an issue. I can't change banks due to the red tape from the government, but that's entirely different.) and she would write a check for me that I would deposit via my bank app on my phone.

However, my father was told a different story.

So, I have to wait this out until my mother texts back on her afternoon break.

Edit: my mother eventually got the money and frozen desserts accounted for. I just need to have a check written out.

Mad Poster
#324 Old 26th Aug 2021 at 3:46 PM
Henri came and went days ago. The heat and humidity he left behind is not appreciated. Nuff already!
Alchemist
Original Poster
#325 Old 27th Aug 2021 at 12:22 AM
Our needy little cat Gemini. We call her the drill sergeant because she expects us up with the sun.

She usually is butted up against my father. But lately, she is starting to stare at me.

As uncomfortable as it is to wait on my father and try to go window shopping online, only for her to push her way between me and my phone, I really want my father to get better soon and he's on the mend, but the cat need better manners.

Page 13 of 15