Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th May 2010 at 2:32 PM
Default Selecting Verts/Faces in milkshape
1.When I drag my mouse over the screen in milkshape to select vetices, it also selects the 'back side' of the object. Is it possible just to select the 'front side' of an object in milkshape??? I tried 'ignore back face',but when I try to select a vertices with 'ignore back face' ticked, I can't select anything.

2.Is it possible to select from the 3D view???

3.Is it possible to 'unselect' a selected vertex???

4.Tips or tricks for selecting faces, verts???

Thanks
Advertisement
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#2 Old 30th May 2010 at 3:18 PM
Milkshape website has tutorials and is probably going to give you the most information about how to use it. I think MS also has a built in help that installed with it. eta: You have to download and install it, but it is available.

1. Ignore backfaces will only work if you are selecting faces and not vertices.
2. No
3. Shift right click
4. Really the best place for that, since there are probably tons, is the MS tutorials site. For me selecting by face and having the ignore backfaces and by vertex boxes checked are the most two helpful selecting things I use. This way you can select by vertex but MS selects the faces connected to it.
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#3 Old 30th May 2010 at 3:22 PM
Actually... it is possible to select in 3D view. Alt-click. Alt-shift-click to select more, and I think it's alt-shift-right-click (yes, you have enough hands to do this) to un-select.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 30th May 2010 at 5:18 PM
Ooooh! Thanks for answering at such a short notice
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 31st May 2010 at 7:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sims_reality
1.When I drag my mouse over the screen in milkshape to select vetices, it also selects the 'back side' of the object. Is it possible just to select the 'front side' of an object in milkshape??? I tried 'ignore back face',but when I try to select a vertices with 'ignore back face' ticked, I can't select anything.
Thanks

From the side view select what you don't want to select from the front and hit CTRL-H. This will hide them. CTRL-SHIFT-H will show everything again.

>>3.Is it possible to 'unselect' a selected vertex???

With select button selected hold the right mouse button and select what you want unselected.

Tim
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#7 Old 31st May 2010 at 8:22 PM
The keyboard shortcuts are listed in the menu right next to the action you want to take. Did you follow the link I posted to the MS site? You can download the help in either CHM or HTML format, it's probably listed in there somewhere.