Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Oct 2010 at 1:25 AM
Default !!WCIF!! a TS2 Style Aging Hack, other than Awesomemod?
Ok, so basically I don't want to use awesomemod anymore - although it comes with it's benefits, there's also a lot of things I don't like about it which takes the "authenticity" away from my game.

I don't use Story Progession, I really hate that feature. It could have been something good, but for me, it's a big let down, and useless unless you don't mind Goopy Gilscarbo-inspired Sims running around your neighbourhood. But I do obviously want my Sims to age, and the settings either allow all Sims in the neighbourhood to age, or none at all, including your active household, which is kinda silly.

So therefore, I liked the TS2 Style aging part of the awesomemod which catered for my gameplay style, but now I want to remove the mod, I need another mod with the TS2 Style aging feature to take its place.

I know about Twallan's Story Progression mod, but I tried using that before and I was so confused by it. I didn't want to use any of the Story progression features it offered apart from the TS2 Style aging since I didn't play with progression turned on, and if I remember correctly, you had to use all the other features of the mod if you wanted to use the TS2 aging feature.

If however, you can make use of ONLY the TS2 Style aging feature on Twallan's mod, can somebody please tell me how, and I'll just use that? If not, does anyone know of another mod which is solely for TS2 Style aging?

I would also miss the "Recipe Books Aren't Magic Scrolls" feature of awesomemod which stops recipes and compositions from disappearing after reading them. If anyone knows of a mod for that, then I'd appreciate that too
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 17th Oct 2010 at 2:25 PM
You do know that with Awesome mod you can create your own configuration file. You can basically just use the TS2 aging and magic scroll option and "turn" everything else off.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 17th Oct 2010 at 4:24 PM
No, awesomemod has some features which are always turned on regardless. I'm always seeing the "derilict vehicles" about town and modifications to certain things which bug me, even though I don't have supreme commander or anything turned on.
Forum Resident
#4 Old 17th Oct 2010 at 5:06 PM
NRaas Story Progression has an option for TS2 Style Aging, http://ts3.tscexchange.com/index.php?board=105.0

Severedsolo's Simcredible Mods ALL my mods, including ones that have not made it to MTS yet. LATEST ADDITION - SNEAKING OUT FIX FOR GENERATIONS

Please do not PM me asking for help. Use the Help section.
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 17th Oct 2010 at 6:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sim-Wolf
if I remember correctly, you had to use all the other features of the mod if you wanted to use the TS2 aging feature.

The Aging options in StoryProgression are available whether you "Enable Progression" or not.

When the mod asks you to start the progression, press the "Cancel". Or go into the "General Options" and change the "Enable Progression" option to "False".

Once you do so, all the options that remain visible are non-progression related and will still operate regardless.

Quote: Originally posted by Sim-Wolf
I would also miss the "Recipe Books Aren't Magic Scrolls" feature of awesomemod which stops recipes and compositions from disappearing after reading them.

That is handled by the AntiMagicScroll mod, available via the link in my signature.

Cheers.

NRaas Industries: Sims 3 Mods for the Discerning Player, hosted by The Wikispaces.