Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Nov 2017 at 12:01 AM
Default "All Packs, All the time!" Mod.
Remember the "convenient" tool EA stuck in the last patch? The one where you could disable "troublesome" Expansion and stuff packs so you could "Enhance" your game by saving "precious" memory and make the game run "smoother"? Which was obviously a tool to get us to put down out "Boring" Sims 3 and instead fork over money for the "Exciting" new Sims 4 which lacked most of the features of Sims 3 we loved in the first place?

Yeah. That one.

I'm looking for a mod that makes it so that all installed packs are always enabled.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 28th Nov 2017 at 8:23 AM
If what you are looking for is a way to fix the instability that the 1.69 Patch brings whereby it keeps "forgetting" our pack selections in between game sessions, or losing track of which ones we even have installed, I'm afraid that doesn't exist. And Origin itself gets so many frequent updates that anything that did try to fix that would likely become undone relatively quickly.

This issue together with other Origin annoyances has bothered some of us to such a great extent that we have found ways to revert to 1.67, which as far as gameplay is concerned is just as up to date as 1.69 is, and where there is no helpful (coughs) pack selector to begin with. After weighing the pros and cons for almost a year myself, I ended up repurchasing the entire game on Steam during one of their regularly recurring 75-80% off sales (there's one going on right now) earlier this year and this problem became history. Others have turned to all disc installs, but that's tricky because some of the discs are getting difficult to find in new condition and in order to avoid Origin the base game disc must have been manufactured before Sept. 2012.
Field Researcher
#3 Old 28th Nov 2017 at 10:29 AM
^being fed up with Origin (seriously, fuck origin), I hunted down an original mint conditioned copy of the 2009 base game off eBay, and with that I can bypass the launcher and play with all my expansions installed. Just look for "Sims 3 2009" on eBay, that's really only your best bet without repurchasing EVERYTHING all over again in Steam (unless your EPs and SPs were digitally bought/downloaded). Though you'll have to download and manually install patch 1.67, but it's really easy to install. That's how I did it.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 28th Nov 2017 at 10:58 AM
I know of a fix, it's called 1.67. You can patch the game down manually.

Now I tried the eBay method, but because the RELIABLE seller (and I checked) couldn't be bother to correctly put in my address and because eBay is't being helpful either, it seems will not be receiving the game....or the money I paid for it.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Field Researcher
#5 Old 28th Nov 2017 at 11:25 AM
^i once tried downgrading to 1.67 but it wouldn't let me, it said some stupid crap like "the sims 3 is not installed!" or whatever.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 28th Nov 2017 at 12:26 PM
Some (apparently very few) players without disc installs are able to downpatch an existing 1.69 install to 1.67 without all the repurchase or reinstall hoopla. We don't really know how they manage this. Most find that the SuperPatcher refuses to run, or worse it does so and either mangles the game completely or leaves the Launcher reporting something bogus like version 0.0.0.0, which is then not functional. There was, briefly in late 2015 when Patch 1.69 was first released, a way to do this by uninstalling the base game only and reinstalling it, but EA closed up that loophole with an Origin update back in mid-Jan 2016.