Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Dec 2020 at 8:54 AM
Better AA and textures
Hello guys! Is there a ways to make anti-aliasing and texture in game better? I tried to max the AA with Nvidia Inspector but it takes many performance. Usually I played in 60 fps, and about 40 fps when driving cars at town. I've already looking at Google, there are some thread about this at MTS. But almost all of them have a *high-end" GPU.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#3 Old 13th Dec 2020 at 8:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Disil07
But almost all of them have a *high-end" GPU.

After over fifty years, Moore's Law was broken at last around. A CPU then is about as dense and powerful as a CPU in 2020 AD. Today, you are paying for more CPU Cores, not a stronger CPU. If you have a CPU less than six years old, you have more than enough computing power to run "Sims III" with ease... assuming you have at least two, preferably four CPU Cores.

-------

Jesus loves you and died for you!

Your resident prude! A pox on all who remove the "censor blurs" on showering (etc.) Sims!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 14th Dec 2020 at 2:30 AM
I changed the graphic settings in game to max, except high details lot. It doesnt add any performance lag, but the AA seems to only work at building, not sims. Some post said that I can inject an another type of AA, called MSAA (cmiiw). The website said that MSAA is suitable for medium-low computer. It is safe to add MSAA into the game? And how?
Test Subject
#7 Old 15th Dec 2020 at 2:32 PM Last edited by dockamorpher : 15th Dec 2020 at 3:50 PM.
Reshade is an option. It has different aliasing solutions. You can also sharpen the overall screen. Making textures better than 2k causes slow loading of sims though, you’ll see a lot more low LOD sims in-frame before they become high textured.
I use Reshade for some sharpening, vibrancy, and also AO. I feel like AO makes the game look much better and more modern

Edit: If you want to increase textures btw, they’re called HQ mods and they replace your graphic rules file, back up your old one in case you want to roll back. They are quite easy to edit yourself, though. This will only affect textures on the sims. I don’t think object textures can be improved.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 16th Dec 2020 at 11:33 AM
After adding AO, my game looks much better, its eliminates *almost* all of the jagging lines. And it cost only slightly performance drop. Thank you guys, for helping.

A little bit OOT question: NRaas Overwatch always noticing unroutable sim found for some of sim in my town. How to fix that? My world is Lag now.