Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Inventor
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Oct 2009 at 9:51 PM Last edited by Yogi-Tea : 15th Oct 2009 at 6:59 PM.
(problem solved): how can an object placement changed from wall to ceiling?
With milkshape I managed to turn the original fire alarm from vertical to horizontal position (first time for me to do something like that) - it works and looks good in game (even the thumbnail picture is right), however, it appears at the same hight as the original fire alarm and not at the hight of the ceiling (see picture).

I tried to find a solution in tutorials, modding info center, threads but couldn't find an answer for this problem (at least not in relation to the hight of the placement).

I did manage to change the placement from wall to... well, to all areas in the "air" (between floor and ceiling) - I tried to get the fire alarm up to the ceiling by looking at other objects' settings (e.g. ceiling lamps) and copying those setting - but that also didn't work for the fire alarm.

I'm running out of ideas how to change the hight of the placement. Does anyone of you know how to do that?

Any help is highly appreciated.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 12th Oct 2009 at 10:06 PM
You need to edit the height, distance from the origin in Milkshape, use the Move tool. As reference you can import a ceiling lamp mesh (to see how high it should go ).
Inventor
Original Poster
#3 Old 13th Oct 2009 at 4:48 AM Last edited by Yogi-Tea : 13th Oct 2009 at 8:40 PM.
Oh... this was my first thought, actually, but then I thought it's somewhere in the settings just like the settings for the slot placements.

Thank you for your quick reply - I'll try this today.

EDIT: Just tried it and it works perfectly - I'm SO happy - thank you very much for your help on this, lemoncandy!