Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Jun 2010 at 8:22 AM
Default Help needed for Scaling UV Faces
Can anyone help me out with this?
I need to know how i can scale my selected object that now is a rectangle into a square?
Who can tell me how to do this?
Because when i hit the scale button i cant seem to change the selected object in anyway...........so help me out plz so i can go on learning how to mesh :D

Thnx anyways :D
Advertisement
Inventor
#2 Old 29th Jun 2010 at 11:22 AM Last edited by Cocomama : 29th Jun 2010 at 11:37 AM.
You did not say which program your using.
In Milkshape you select the part you want to scale and enter a value in the scale boxes. Smaller than 1.0 (like 0.8) if you want to scale smaller, more than 1.0 (like 1.05) when you want to scale it bigger.
X=sideways, Y=up/down, Z= closer/further away. If you leave the value on 1.0 or lock the direction with the button under the scale boxes, nothing gets scaled in that direction.
If you change from the default 'Center of mass' to 'Origin', your object will scale in all directions but keeps its position on the same place.

Edit: Sorry, I did not see you are talking about UV scales.
In the Texture Coordinate Editor from Milkshape, you enter value in the X and Y "factor" boxes and click the S button next to it. Make sure you have the right part selected and that the direction you want to scale into is not locked.
Alchemist
#3 Old 29th Jun 2010 at 12:30 PM Last edited by orangemittens : 29th Jun 2010 at 12:40 PM.
I can't tell if what you're wanting to do is scale the object or the mapping for your object. To scale the object select the part of it you want to scale or, in your case, select your rectangle. Then:

1. Go to Groups tab
2. Click the Scale button so it is blue (Milkshape 1.8.5)
3. Select the Scale option you want. As Coco said there is a difference between Center of Mass and Origin. If you pick Origin your object might move in relation to the point where the x, y, and z, lines come together unless it is centered at that point. This will depend on where the object is sitting in relation to that point and which direction you're scaling in. If you pick center of mass the object will scale according to it's own center and should stay roughly in place.
4. Pick the direction (s) you want to scale in by picking a letter. Blue means on and white means off. If all the letters are white nothing will happen when you hit the scale button. Fill in the amount you want to scale by above the letter you've selected.
5. Click the scale button.

If, instead, what you're trying to do is map your triangle using Milkshape you could look at an illustrated tutorial I wrote for that. It was written for Sims 2 but the principles are the same no matter which game you're meshing for:

http://www.junipersun.org/daystar/v....php?f=2&t=3499