Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Banned
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Sep 2011 at 9:20 PM
Default How do I make a default-replacement object?
I wish to make a default replacement object, not a stand-alone object. So, perhaps, I have to NOT register a GUID? I want the replacement object to be a "fix" to the original object.
Advertisement
Sockpuppet
#2 Old 17th Sep 2011 at 1:04 AM
yup, do not update the GUID and it will override the original.
Banned
Original Poster
#3 Old 17th Sep 2011 at 5:15 AM
Will the delete button be disabled or enabled if that occurs? I am afraid that the delete button will be enabled, and the player (me) has to be extremely careful not to be tempted into accidentally deleting an in-game file!
Sockpuppet
#4 Old 17th Sep 2011 at 12:32 PM
That i dont know, but you will find out soon
Instructor
#5 Old 19th Sep 2011 at 2:45 AM
Most of the time you don't want to replace the entire object, just a certain part of it, so it's enough to extract that resource and modify that. If this does not include the OBJD resource, then there's no worry that the delete button will be eabled. If it does, it's better to put the mod with the game files (r.g. TSDATA/RES/Catalog/Bins) and not in Downloads.
Instructor
#6 Old 16th Dec 2011 at 10:20 PM Last edited by DutchXfan : 16th Dec 2011 at 10:31 PM.
Also, from what I've read so far, you shouldn't click the 'fix integrity' button, as that's the one making the object custom content (amongst stuff). Warning: I just started this modding business yesterday, so don't put too much faith in me. *lol*