Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Jun 2012 at 7:02 PM
# Careers for Empty Neighborhood
A year or three ago, I saw a ModtheSims thread about how many doctors, journalists, scientists, etc, you should put in an empty neighborhood so that random Sims aren't forced to change careers to fill gaps.

I've looked and looked but can't find the thread/page. Does anyone know what I'm talking about?

Thanks!
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 24th Jun 2012 at 6:43 PM
Sims don't change careers to fill gaps, if they already have one.

EA Careers only pulls sims into careers to fulfill coworker/boss positions for your actives if that sim is unemployed.

Ensure that everyone already has a job, and they won't be bothered by the system.

----

However if you want to know how many sims are necessary :

Most EA Careers require four coworkers and a boss for each active sim with a career.

Inactive sims are not assigned coworkers or bosses by default. Under EA Standard they do not gain job performance in the same way as actives, so do not require them.

NRaas Industries: Sims 3 Mods for the Discerning Player, hosted by The Wikispaces.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 8th Jul 2012 at 5:15 PM
Thank you, this is really helpful.