Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Nov 2012 at 5:39 PM
Default Old grand fathers clock breaking often
I like that clock a lot and have my sims winding it up daily and sometimes when it needs mantainance , aftertwo or three maintanances it just breaks and this happens evrytime I buy a new clock. . Does anybody have any suggestion as how and what to do to stop it from breaking. I downloaded some mod that stops objects from breaking but it obviousely doesn't apply to that cloack. Any help is appreciated as I love that old clock and is very unpleasant to see it breaking so often for no reason at all.
Advertisement
Site Helper
#2 Old 6th Nov 2012 at 6:36 PM
If you're willing to do some research, you could try to figure out how those mods stop things from breaking, then make those changes to the clock.
Gone Fishin'
retired moderator
#3 Old 6th Nov 2012 at 10:20 PM
I haven't looked at the clock in question, but my guess is that there are some BHAVs in there that check how long the clock has been in use (and possibly also other variables that would effect its life expectancy) and then decide if and when it should break. In that case, you'd want to tweak the "should break" BHAV, for example by changing how many hours the clock can run before it breaks.

Looking at the mods you have, like Mootilda suggests, sounds like a good starting place to help you figure out how to do that.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#4 Old 7th Nov 2012 at 10:43 AM
Thanks everyone. It sounds too complicated at this moment, but i will wait until someone with better knowlege can make some mod.