Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Oct 2020 at 9:09 AM
Default Way to cancel out auto piercings or tattoos in CAS?
Seeking a way to to stop having automatic piercings , tattoos, or really any accessories at all while in CAS or other aspects of the game. If I want them to wear jewelry/etc. I'll put them on them. I know Sims 3 had "no hats" mods/etc.
Maybe I'm just missing something. I'm fine if it gets rid of facial piercings altogether as none of my sims will have them.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#2 Old 16th Oct 2020 at 4:57 AM
There's nothing on this? The piercings are so annoying! I can't believe others haven't found a way to get rid of them.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 31st Oct 2020 at 10:53 PM
Just adding that since originally posting this question in comments, I've come to realize how
A: recent the piercings/etc. are and
B: Sims 4 has anything like this regularly break with updates/etc.
So I totally do understand now how this hasn't been made and that Sims4Studio is the best way to address ANYthing like this. I apologize if my post comes off a little aggressive.
Instructor
#4 Old 1st Nov 2020 at 12:12 AM
I'm pretty sure there is either no way, or no known/feasible way, to actually prevent the game from randomly putting specific item types on Sims.

However, you can eliminate at least some of the random placement of specific items with overrides/default replacements for those items, and as it happens, someone has created a pretty thorough set of EA hiders, organized into zips by pack. Within each zip you'll find a folder structure that will help you find content by type, and then individual blocker files for each item. You can pick out whatever you want and put it in your mods folder, and those items will be hidden.

(If you want to hide something that isn't as easy to identify as 'all facial piercings', i.e. if there's this one pair of pants you absolutely despise and never want to see again, and you aren't sure which one it is because the game doesn't let us see the names of CAS items, you can open any of the packages up in Sims4Studio and (among zillions of other things) see a 3d preview of the item so you can tell if your guess about the filename was right.)

Since these are primarily hiders, you won't be able to see those items in CAS anymore. If you wanted to put them on a particular Sim, you could still exit the game, remove the hiders temporarily and delete your localthumbcache.package, load the game back up and put them on the Sim, and then add the hiders back in the next time you exit the game. Otherwise, you won't be able to use them on purpose. But the overrides are ALSO set to disable them for random, and it should be in both CAS and the game's own Sim generation. There's no guarantee that every item will be blocked every single time (the scope of the set is so huge that the creator cautions they could have missed something because it was just SO MUCH unchecking checkboxes), and premade Sims already wearing them will still be wearing them (because it doesn't make them invisible, it just stops them from showing up in CAS or as possible results of randomization), but it's probably the best way to do what you're looking for.

Because you cannot say 'don't ever put these content types on Sims at random' and instead have to say 'don't ever put this specific thing on Sims at random', new overrides will be needed every time EA adds an item you want to get rid of. Existing overrides shouldn't be broken particularly often, though.

You can find them here: https://starbearysims.tumblr.com/ta...ims%204%20hider
Instructor
#5 Old 5th Jan 2021 at 4:51 AM
@jonas3333 Hey, I just stumbled across this mod and the edit from a few months back, and immediately remembered that someone had WCIFed just such a thing not that long ago, so I figured I'd drop the info here for you and/or anyone else who goes looking. Turns out there actually IS something in the game that sets the odds that randomly generated Sims will be given accessories, and this modder found it and set it all to 0. Best yet, it's separate from the rest of the mod. I do NOT know whether it works in CAS, however. (I really hope it does; I'll be trying it myself.)

https://www.patreon.com/posts/39759213
Forum Resident
#6 Old 19th Feb 2024 at 7:21 PM
PLZSAYSIKE's mod was removed and Vicky's mod DOES NOT WORK. Anyone else have a mod that gets completely rid of auto placement of EA's hats, jewelry, and especially NOSE RINGS ?! One that works in CAS on your sim that you are creating in cas. I noticed this plague doesn't violate the townies as much as my cas sim as I am creating it or redressing it from game play mode.