Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Mar 2021 at 5:35 PM
Default Custom UI
Hiya!

This is my very first approach for a custom UI, I think I got the code figured out and the LAYO keys as expected. However, whenever I load it in-game, the entire world gets 'Error Trapped' by Nraas traveller (and if I take traveller out, it complains that 'WalkStyle' is screwed up :p)

Now, this issue currently is that the game doesn't like it for some reason. on world load, it basically screws things up and thus Nraas's error trap is pretty much whining about that (with a sweet 106 errors :p)

So i'm just wondering, what could screw it up? 

For Resources (I know there are UITX and stuff but I noticed that wasn't too necessary.) But the LAYO_ is an exact copy of "BrowseDatingProfilesDialog" And "BrowseDatingProfilesDialogEntry" And I didn't change anything (Except changing the instance ID to work with "CreateClothingSelectorEntry" and "CreateClothingSelector")

I'm just super confused :p Do I need to somehow instantiate it before worldload? because on worldload it's where the game basically breaks entirely for me.
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 8th Mar 2021 at 10:36 AM
Have you possibly looked at the code of this mod which seems to have managed to design custom UIs: https://modthesims.info/d/485201/modoor-4.html

Unfortuately clueless about advanced coding so can't be of further help, I'm afraid.
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
Original Poster
#3 Old 8th Mar 2021 at 2:08 PM
So tuuurns out the crashing stuff was actually a whole different issue that had nothing to do with my code. But rather an outdated DLL file reference I have in my projects... woops! So that's now fixed!

Thanks for letting me know about that mod btw! Leaves me to have some references of mods that also added a similair thing