Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Neighborhood decorations can be placed anywhere.

by saramkirk Posted 27th Dec 2007 at 12:14 AM - Updated 30th Jan 2008 at 7:30 AM by saramkirk

79 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 64 Feedback Posts, 14 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 4
Test Subject
#26 Old 18th Jan 2008 at 10:20 PM
works great thanks
Scholar
#27 Old 29th Jan 2008 at 12:59 AM
I apologize for asking something so asinine, but what exactly am I supposed to do? Do I need to alter the text files in EA GAMES or just drop the package files into the downloads folder? Or both?

Great idea, by the way.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#28 Old 30th Jan 2008 at 7:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Jasumi
I apologize for asking something so asinine, but what exactly am I supposed to do? Do I need to alter the text files in EA GAMES or just drop the package files into the downloads folder? Or both?

Great idea, by the way.

Drop the files into Downloads, following the "what to install" guidelines.

Technical Information was just provided for reference, in case people have custom objects they want to edit, or if they want to edit the objects that will come with the next EP themselves rather than wait for an update.

geocities.com/saramkirk
Merge Pleasantview, Strangetown, Veronaville. Keep terrains/deco, houses, relationships!
Scholar
#29 Old 4th Feb 2008 at 9:21 PM
Oh! lol. Thank you. And great hack. It works well in my game.
Test Subject
#30 Old 21st Mar 2008 at 2:49 PM
fabulous!!!!!!!!!! thank you thank you thank you THANK YOU!!! ive been looking for this for about five years (when i got the game) and now i have it! YAY!!!

From the fiery mouth of...

Fire-Breath-Speaks ;)
Lab Assistant
#31 Old 29th Mar 2008 at 8:24 PM
Test Subject
#32 Old 5th Apr 2008 at 3:17 AM
Can you update it for Freetime? Would love to place the new train next to a station.
Lab Assistant
#33 Old 27th Apr 2008 at 2:21 AM
Thank you so much for this!
Lab Assistant
#34 Old 4th May 2008 at 6:15 PM Last edited by hjkjr2 : 5th May 2008 at 11:28 PM. Reason: more info, Figured it out
All ok now
Got & used it yesterday. It seemed really cool, but I found that it had a couple of annoying problems.
1. When placing objects (in buy or build mode, NOT just neighborhood deco) They wouldn't seat on a grid square...just slide around, so I had to approximate where to place them.
2.Can't put in new windows or doors. they won't seat properly on a wall, and when I try to place them, even with the move-objects cheat, all you see is the frame (with the wall where the rest should be)

You said that removing the groups.cache file will help to get it out(?)
I have Windows XP. My games are S2, NL, Pets, GL stuff, and TS stuff.

I would love to have this if you can figure out how to fix things.
Thanks.

Help! I can't get it out of my computer. I removed the files last night, and when I got online this morning, I saw in feedback that you have to remove the groups.cache, so I did that, and I still can't place windows or doors in a useable way!

Figured it out! I used boolprop snapobjectstogrid cheat, and I can place objects properly now. Thanks.
Test Subject
#35 Old 11th May 2008 at 3:14 PM
nice but next time try to make : Lots can be placed everywhere
Test Subject
#36 Old 31st May 2008 at 7:19 AM
This is great. Thankyou very much.
Like CeeWee60, post #33, I'd also love to have a train line and steam train going into my station.
Please could you find time to update it for Freetime.
Test Subject
#37 Old 1st Jun 2008 at 10:30 AM Last edited by CharismaticJinx : 1st Jun 2008 at 10:31 AM. Reason: Typo! OMG! *slaps wrist*
Is there a way to fix the lighthouse that is supposed to sit on the water surface? Mine goes underwater completely. LOL! Some objects that are also supposed to sit on water surfaces disappear underwater completely too. Other than that, this is an awesome hack/mod.
Test Subject
#38 Old 26th Jun 2008 at 10:54 AM
hm. not work. i have seasons .. pictures look good :D
Lab Assistant
#39 Old 14th Aug 2008 at 9:21 AM
thank you! it works well. I'm so glad someone made this hack, I've been wanting something like it since I got the game...
Lab Assistant
#40 Old 3rd Sep 2008 at 8:33 AM
Great job, it's very useful !
But Free Time and Apartment Life isn't affect. I think you should update this mod.
Test Subject
#41 Old 5th Sep 2008 at 11:20 AM
This is really cool, I hope it works in my game ^^

I would like to know where you get these invisible fences...
Lab Assistant
#42 Old 5th Sep 2008 at 7:38 PM
hey i so luv this hack
buuuut...got a request
how about an update for freetime and apartment life huh?

Plz visite my site and watch my videos.And most important->don`t forget to leave a comment
http://de.youtube.com/user/lAmyHotchicl =) be so nice xD
Alchemist
#43 Old 12th Sep 2008 at 2:26 PM
Love this! Is it AL compatible, though?
Test Subject
#44 Old 6th Nov 2008 at 4:48 AM
Yes, I also want this updated to at least Free Time because like some of you others I want the train to show inside lots. It's alot easier than trying to build a fake train with walls. (They always come out looking bad. Of course, I'm a terrible builder anyway.
Ha Ha!)
Lab Assistant
#45 Old 16th Nov 2008 at 1:26 PM
Thank you so much!! I've been looking for something like this forever

My Sims 2 Stuff (For DL)
"The art of living is more like wrestling than dancing."
- Marcus Aurelius
Instructor
#46 Old 22nd Dec 2008 at 12:32 PM
It would be wonderful if you could update this to AL. I love those alleys, but you really can't get them close enough to your lots so they actually look like alleys. Please update if you get the chance. THanks so much for your hard work!
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#47 Old 22nd Dec 2008 at 1:47 PM
child_of_air, there are instructions on the main post for how to update objects yourself. You could easily modify the alleyways using those instructions.
Instructor
#48 Old 20th Mar 2009 at 12:09 AM
Theorist
#49 Old 30th Apr 2009 at 9:33 PM
Okay, then. It looks like this isn't being updated for either FT or AL, then? That is sad, indeed, but understandable.
Test Subject
#50 Old 4th May 2009 at 4:08 PM
Wow thanks, I really need this for my neighborhood, because I am making castaways, and the roads are there, so if I put the rocks there, it will work.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 thank you so much for this!
Page 2 of 4