Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Neighborhood decorations can be placed anywhere.

by saramkirk Posted 27th Dec 2007 at 12:14 AM - Updated 30th Jan 2008 at 7:30 AM by saramkirk

79 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 64 Feedback Posts, 14 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 4
Test Subject
#51 Old 11th May 2009 at 9:59 PM
will this work in base game alone? and since I only have base game will this make it look like my sims aren't living in the middle of nowhere?
Lab Assistant
#52 Old 6th Sep 2009 at 2:56 AM
Nice one!
Test Subject
#53 Old 4th Nov 2009 at 12:45 AM
Holy cow..how awesome
Test Subject
#54 Old 22nd Nov 2009 at 2:47 PM Last edited by emanuellara : 22nd Nov 2009 at 2:50 PM. Reason: done it rong
blah blah blah
OMG perfect! lol I've bean wanting 2 make a sims 2 castaway type movie since last year and was jst surfing mts2 and found it. I love it and will give u loads o credit in my movie CREDITS... lol get it credit, credits?

Some people are like slinkies. Not good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when pushed down stairs. :')
Lab Assistant
#55 Old 21st Jan 2010 at 9:06 AM Last edited by TigerSoundNet : 29th Jan 2010 at 4:21 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by saramkirk
What bugs would that be, since you've deleted your other post?

Quote:
(kuna666) it doesn't work for me....

Quote:
(michiyo_asuka)
will this work in base game alone? and since I only have base game will this make it look like my sims aren't living in the middle of nowhere?

I will try to answer that question. . .

smk_BaseGame_allowedinlots_hack.package is not ep0 compliant.
Or it is not for the base game alone or not ep0-only, if you wish?
(Unless you just want a mess of rocks in your Lot's Neighborhood view?)

Saramkirk, there are dozens of non ep0-only packages like this, on MTS2. (In this case, these Neighborhood rocks are simply not found during lot editing.) So, specifically, which Build or Buy Catalog should these be in?

But these are ep0-only compatible, with three colors, even . . .
Plus, you will get a barbecue pit and a spa, to boot!
The Rock Collection

... Jim ...
Screenshots
Test Subject
#56 Old 29th Jan 2010 at 8:59 PM
this is sooo cool, thank youu soo much!! xD
Lab Assistant
#57 Old 14th Jul 2010 at 12:22 AM
At first I was like.. "I guess I'll get it. This hack would be useful." Then I saw the pictures you attached and went, "What am I saying?! This is a MUST-HAVE!" hahaha thank you so much for creating - the technical stuff looks difficult - and sharing it with us on MTS2! You rock!
Instructor
#58 Old 11th Aug 2010 at 8:15 PM
How did I miss this? This is freaking AWESOME! Mow I can actually use some of the neighborhood decor without worrying about lot placement. Thank you so much!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#59 Old 9th Nov 2010 at 4:38 PM
Thanks a lot for this. Now I'll be able to fill those narrow gaps between the houses and to decorate the shorelines the way I want.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#60 Old 18th Dec 2010 at 10:45 PM
GAH! I don't know if you did this on purpose, or what, but it cuts down on lag SO MUCH when making forests!

I have fairy sims, but all the trees neccessary to make things look forest-y...it really takes a toll. Very choppy, few second-long pauses. I had to delete half the trees!

But with this...it plays like the trees aren't even there! Thank you!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#61 Old 21st Feb 2011 at 9:30 AM
For some reason its not working for me. I have NL, UNI, OFB, and AL. Im not sure im understanding your mod, is it supposed to be where you can see the surrounding neighborhood objects while on your lot, or is it supposed to enable you to add neighborhood objects to your sim lot?

Say for example the ocean waves in pleasantville, If I put a house down near the ocean I cant see the waves. Hell i dont even see the water, just a sinking blue terrain, looks awful! With this mod is it supposed to enable me to see the waves, water, boats, and such?

Or is it while im on my sim lot i can add these items to my lot, like say for example i wanted to make a pool with some rocks surrounding it, i could use the neighborhood rocks for that?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#62 Old 12th Jan 2012 at 12:32 PM
This is great, thank you so much!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#63 Old 17th Jan 2012 at 5:10 AM
THANK YOU!!! I have been looking for something like this for a while!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#64 Old 15th Mar 2012 at 3:11 PM
Great job on this, just what I needed. I'm happy I found it again, you know it's a good creation when I can remember it years later.
Test Subject
#65 Old 10th May 2012 at 6:08 PM
Does anyone know if this mod is compatible with the Apartment Life EP? I have every Sims 2 EP and I'm wondering, since this was obviously made before AL was released, if it's still okay to install and will work properly?
Test Subject
#66 Old 2nd Aug 2012 at 1:02 PM
so do i extract this file into...

C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\XXX\TSData\Res\Catalog\CANHObjects

or E:\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#67 Old 2nd Aug 2012 at 6:04 PM
@rosedreamer101- click the 'Install Instructions' tab for details.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#68 Old 30th Apr 2013 at 6:05 AM
I installed these into my Downloads folder and I still can't place the steam train deco across a road.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
#69 Old 4th Jul 2013 at 1:21 AM
Where do i have to install them? In downloads folder?
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#70 Old 18th Nov 2013 at 4:46 AM
This mod is fantastic. It really makes lots look more beautiful
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#71 Old 17th Dec 2013 at 4:01 PM
The palm tree example you talked about is precisely why I started looking for deco online. I was getting really ticked off trying to make a little island paradise for my new neighborhood and trying to get just close enough to the water to place the damn trees was really annoying me. Thanks so much, I can actually make a little island decoration now!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#72 Old 20th Apr 2014 at 11:16 PM
I am looking forward to playing with this to see what kinds of creative fun you have unlocked for all of us. By the comments others have left, you have just given me hours more life out of building lots and neighborhoods. Thank you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#73 Old 27th Jul 2014 at 6:24 PM
Thank you ! :)
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#74 Old 18th Nov 2014 at 6:25 AM
This will come in super handy.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#75 Old 26th Feb 2016 at 2:21 AM
thanks