Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Fast Skills or Slower Skills (outdated and discontinued)

by Shimrod101 Posted 12th Nov 2014 at 11:28 PM - Updated 16th Apr 2016 at 9:14 PM by Shimrod101 : Mod is outdated

258 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 88 Feedback Posts, 169 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 5 of 11
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#101 Old 18th Dec 2014 at 8:47 PM
thanks you so much for this! i was going bonkers witht the current skill learning rapidity
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#102 Old 20th Dec 2014 at 3:28 PM
I'm still using it for the first time as I type this. The mod works but the game honestly can't keep up. I reach level 4 in a skill (by reading a skill book), but it the game doesn't recognize it, as in no pop ups. Will this be adjusted when I resume this save or will it be as is?

Regardless of my whining, THANKS!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#103 Old 20th Dec 2014 at 3:34 PM
After maxing out my writing skills (via skill book) to level 7 without the mod, I installed this mod to make levelling up faster. It worked but the lack of level up notifications made me realize that this was only on the aesthetic sense, in reality, the skill values themselves have not been affected, so while the skills tab said my writing is level 10, it was still somewhere in 7 (of course I'm still gaining experience in reality, though on the game's slow pace). Am I doing something wrong? I unrared the package file into the documents mod folder then went ahead with the game. Should I have inserted the rar itself?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#104 Old 21st Dec 2014 at 10:25 AM
It doesn't sound like you're doing anything wrong as far as installing, the .package file is used, not the zip/rar.

MedievalMods and Sims3mods: Dive Cave Reset Fix, Resort Revamp, Industrial Oven Revamp, Will O' Wisp fix, UI Sounds Disabled, No Cars, Gnome Family Planner, Townies Out on the Town, No Martial Arts Clothes, Fast Skilling, etc. http://simsasylum.com/tfm/
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#105 Old 24th Dec 2014 at 1:01 AM
wow! I love this mod! Thank you! It's been killing me how to level up faster
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#106 Old 25th Dec 2014 at 3:37 PM
Thanks
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#107 Old 26th Dec 2014 at 8:49 AM
Thanks
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#108 Old 27th Dec 2014 at 7:25 PM
thanks a lot
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#109 Old 1st Jan 2015 at 9:00 PM
Muchas gracias
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#110 Old 2nd Jan 2015 at 11:59 PM
I am not a patient person and just got Sims 4 - knowing nothing about how to play the game - but knowing higher skill levels is always good~
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#111 Old 4th Jan 2015 at 2:05 AM
Thanks
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#112 Old 4th Jan 2015 at 2:18 AM
Hey, is there some way we could get a tunable version? Or, if this version is already tunable, how do I do it?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#113 Old 4th Jan 2015 at 4:08 PM
Thanks
Test Subject
#114 Old 4th Jan 2015 at 4:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by zefelici
Hey, is there some way we could get a tunable version? Or, if this version is already tunable, how do I do it?

I've figured it out how to tune this version! Thanks!

Though, I'm having a bit of a problem. I created a version with super fast skills and even though the skills apparently raise up to max, on the "skill" panel they only get up to level 4. Could anyone help me?
Thanks very very much!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#115 Old 5th Jan 2015 at 2:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by zefelici
I've figured it out how to tune this version! Thanks!
Though, I'm having a bit of a problem. I created a version with super fast skills and even though the skills apparently raise up to max, on the "skill" panel they only get up to level 4. Could anyone help me?
Thanks very very much!

If you've only done the XML file, also the DATA files have the exact same numbers listed up for the skill levels and need to be altered the same way. It can be done by exporting the two files from my mod and altering them with the velocitygrass Sims4DATA Tool in the Modding Tools forum.

MedievalMods and Sims3mods: Dive Cave Reset Fix, Resort Revamp, Industrial Oven Revamp, Will O' Wisp fix, UI Sounds Disabled, No Cars, Gnome Family Planner, Townies Out on the Town, No Martial Arts Clothes, Fast Skilling, etc. http://simsasylum.com/tfm/
Test Subject
#116 Old 5th Jan 2015 at 5:30 PM Last edited by zefelici : 5th Jan 2015 at 5:44 PM. Reason: Found what I was looking for
Quote: Originally posted by Shimrod101
If you've only done the XML file, also the DATA files have the exact same numbers listed up for the skill levels and need to be altered the same way. It can be done by exporting the two files from my mod and altering them with the velocitygrass Sims4DATA Tool in the Modding Tools forum.

Wow! Thank you so much! You're awesome
I've just edited them, gonna check if it worked! Again, thank you so much!

One last question,
Where did you find the DATA file for this? I'm trying to create a mod, but it is not quite working

Sorry to bother you or if this is not the appropriate place to ask these questions

Edit: OK, found what I was looking for! Thank you and sorry for all my questions!
Thanks for the patience!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#117 Old 6th Jan 2015 at 12:41 AM
A slower skills version of this mod is added.

Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#118 Old 6th Jan 2015 at 9:39 PM
Bless you for this one, now it won't take all day to learn a skill . Thanks a bunch.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#119 Old 7th Jan 2015 at 10:07 AM
Thanks for this MOD.. More help.. :)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#120 Old 11th Jan 2015 at 6:40 AM
thnks
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#121 Old 13th Jan 2015 at 11:18 PM
These mods are fine with the January 13th patch.

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#122 Old 15th Jan 2015 at 4:03 AM
You are the best!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#123 Old 16th Jan 2015 at 6:31 AM
Thank you
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#124 Old 17th Jan 2015 at 7:37 PM
Thanks for this!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#125 Old 18th Jan 2015 at 8:48 PM
Thank you Shimrod. Would it be possible to make a version of the mod where sims do NOT gain the first skill immediately after doing the skill-related activity? Sort of like it was in Sims 3 where they had to work to get that first level. And thank you so much for all your work!!!
Page 5 of 11