Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Fast Skills or Slower Skills (outdated and discontinued)

by Shimrod101 Posted 12th Nov 2014 at 11:28 PM - Updated 16th Apr 2016 at 9:14 PM by Shimrod101 : Mod is outdated

258 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 88 Feedback Posts, 169 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 6 of 11
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#126 Old 19th Jan 2015 at 12:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kmonica
Thank you Shimrod. Would it be possible to make a version of the mod where sims do NOT gain the first skill immediately after doing the skill-related activity?

I haven't made that change because the very first skill level is written into a bunch of other files, I think it's one file for each skill. I consider it too many extra files for not enough gain. Also, when they add in a new skill as they did with Herbalism, my mod would automatically be no good anymore because the new skill will also have that setting for skill level 1 in it's separate file.

MedievalMods and Sims3mods: Dive Cave Reset Fix, Resort Revamp, Industrial Oven Revamp, Will O' Wisp fix, UI Sounds Disabled, No Cars, Gnome Family Planner, Townies Out on the Town, No Martial Arts Clothes, Fast Skilling, etc. http://simsasylum.com/tfm/
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#127 Old 19th Jan 2015 at 2:38 PM
Thank you so much!!!!! I really like this mode!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#128 Old 19th Jan 2015 at 8:47 PM
Thanks for the slower skills mod, I have been hunting everywhere for one since I got the game. Even though I play with aging off, they still level skills and jobs way too fast, so this helps.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#129 Old 19th Jan 2015 at 10:21 PM
Thanks you ^____^
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#130 Old 28th Jan 2015 at 1:26 AM Last edited by FoggyClovilah : 1st Feb 2015 at 2:39 AM.
Thank you for this mod, honestly it is helpful. Is there any way to make it even faster? It seems like at lvl3 or 4 it slows down by a lot, even with the Savant Trait from the Rewards Store. Sorry if it is too much trouble, just thought I would ask. (I have a little boy and am about 6 months preggers right now, I don't have a lot of time on my hands lol)

Edit: After playing a lot more, I see a difference but only when using an item directly connected to the skill. For example, watching the cooking channel doesn't go nearly as fast as actually cooking and item.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#131 Old 4th Feb 2015 at 12:47 PM
These mods are fine with the February 3rd patch. I'm making one which goes much faster, I don't yet have the speeds set correctly on it. In a day or two I'll probably have it done.

MedievalMods and Sims3mods: Dive Cave Reset Fix, Resort Revamp, Industrial Oven Revamp, Will O' Wisp fix, UI Sounds Disabled, No Cars, Gnome Family Planner, Townies Out on the Town, No Martial Arts Clothes, Fast Skilling, etc. http://simsasylum.com/tfm/
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#132 Old 5th Feb 2015 at 12:40 AM
Thanks for this!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#133 Old 5th Feb 2015 at 11:51 PM
There is a Very Fast version of this mod available now.

Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#134 Old 6th Feb 2015 at 5:26 AM
My wish has been fulfilled. Thank you.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#135 Old 9th Feb 2015 at 5:48 PM
Much needed! Thank you so much. It gets tiring to keep working on skills, when I just want to explore the game.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#136 Old 14th Feb 2015 at 11:54 AM
Hello, Shimrod!
Thank you for your useful mods, I have installed 5 or 6 of them. Can I ask you for a mod, extremely slowing rate cooking skills? It's a nightmare, I can make only 50% of the known dishes, and cooking skill already 10 level. That's not counting the grill. So uninteresting.
I would like to cooking skill in the game grew 4 times slower than it is now. But modding in The Sims 4 - is not easy. I opened your mod in s4pe, but since there were no lines like "cooking, normal = 10, slow = 2", obviously, this task is too difficult for me. Can you help me? Please.
Sorry for my bad English.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#137 Old 21st Feb 2015 at 5:39 PM
Confusing
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#138 Old 22nd Feb 2015 at 11:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by victorjiv
Hello, Shimrod!
Thank you for your useful mods, I have installed 5 or 6 of them. Can I ask you for a mod, extremely slowing rate cooking skills? It's a nightmare, I can make only 50% of the known dishes, and cooking skill already 10 level. That's not counting the grill. So uninteresting.
I would like to cooking skill in the game grew 4 times slower than it is now. But modding in The Sims 4 - is not easy. I opened your mod in s4pe, but since there were no lines like "cooking, normal = 10, slow = 2", obviously, this task is too difficult for me. Can you help me?

I don't see a way of doing each of the skills individually. In this file in my mod it simply has Major Adult skills, which is all of them. There are separate files for each individual skill like the Cooking skill, but I don't see how to write the speed of skilling into those.

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#139 Old 24th Feb 2015 at 5:13 PM
THANKS!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#140 Old 24th Feb 2015 at 5:31 PM
Thank you soooooo much!!!!!!!!! Love this, amazing.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#141 Old 24th Feb 2015 at 8:49 PM
Loving this! Thanks.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#142 Old 27th Feb 2015 at 12:41 PM
great thanks
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#143 Old 1st Mar 2015 at 1:38 PM
thank you, good work
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#144 Old 1st Mar 2015 at 7:00 PM
You have already thanked this download normally. You need to type something to leave a comment.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#145 Old 3rd Mar 2015 at 1:30 AM
Thank you!
Test Subject
#146 Old 5th Mar 2015 at 3:29 AM
Hey, my game has been glitching and crashing and I installed about 4 mods. I'm not saying it's this mod, but my game crashes and when I reopen it my game is deleted and I have to start over. Is anyone else experiencing this? Just trying to figure it out because I would love to keep this mod /: I keep losing my family it's depressing haha..
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#147 Old 5th Mar 2015 at 9:36 PM
it would be great if the faster would be x10 more faster
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#148 Old 11th Mar 2015 at 10:16 PM
Fantastic man!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#149 Old 12th Mar 2015 at 8:49 PM
All of my mods are fine with the March 10th patch, including these ones.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#150 Old 14th Mar 2015 at 6:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kmonica
Thank you for your wonderful work. Question: Would it be possible to make a mod that would prevent inactive Sims from acquiring skills on their own while not played?

Hmm... I don't really know if it's possible or not, or how to go about doing it.

Page 6 of 11