Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th May 2021 at 3:14 PM
Default Sims 3 & DXVK
Can DXVK be installed in the sims 3?
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 25th May 2021 at 7:09 PM
I just tried it, and while it works, the performance is kinda crap compared to the og dx9. At least on Windows that is. I remember it working better when I was using Linux. Still amazing that it actually works though.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 26th May 2021 at 10:32 AM
Tried it at Arch Linux with wine. Performance is total crap, like rsanda said. The shadows looked too dark and sharp edged. Better only Linux + wine, this has nearly the same performance as on Windows.
Actually TS3 didn't run on wine 6.x! It worked until wine 5.20 or 5.21.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 26th May 2021 at 11:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Expect No Mercy
Tried it at Arch Linux with wine. Performance is total crap, like rsanda said. The shadows looked too dark and sharp edged. Better only Linux + wine, this has nearly the same performance as on Windows.
Actually TS3 didn't run on wine 6.x! It worked until wine 5.20 or 5.21.

Probably the question is off topic, but is it possible to somehow improve anti-aliasing in Sims 3? When you go to CAS, it's just awful! It seems that I turned on anti-aliasing at high, but it feels like I did not turn on
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 29th May 2021 at 1:51 PM
Well, you could configure specific settings for a game in your (Nvidia) driver settings tab or use an external shader like SweetFX.
Field Researcher
#6 Old 2nd Jun 2021 at 12:04 AM
I installed it, out of curiosity, and it actually solved the issue with dark screenshots in fullscreen mode. But the game runs better without it, so I took it out.