Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#51 Old 4th Jun 2011 at 12:47 AM
@MadameButterfly: As far as I know, there is no such mod. Prior to LN, I heard it was possible to have the Grim Reaper in your family, and even procreate with him, resulting in bizarre, hybrid offspring that could have a unique jet black skin color. He also is apparently immortal, but this might not be intentional, since EA clearly didn't want him playable from the start.

A patch that was released very early on (I don't know which one, but if your game is up to date this is applicable) which prevents procreation with Grimmy. with Late Night installed, making him playable is stomped out as an option altogether. You can still try and chat him up, and I assume if you try hard enough you could still get friendly enough for the "Move In" interaction. The only problem is, if you have Late Night (or possibly even just the most recent game update) the "Move In" option won't appear.

In other words, it could still be possible I guess that somebody might be able make a new mod to accommodate EA's attempts, but nobody has done so yet to the best of my knowledge, and I have heard making him playable often results in deceased people laying about your town (since Grim is no longer there as an NPC to collect them) so it can cause problems to your game anyways.

"We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered." ~ Tom Stoppard
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#52 Old 4th Jun 2011 at 12:52 AM
I'm wondering if horses will need roads or not. If they don't that'd be great for worlds with no roads, or where cars simply look out of place. If they do I think it's a bit silly, In the years I've been riding I've spent more time off than on a road.

not indorsed by Hypno toad... all hail Hypno toad @_@
Lab Assistant
#53 Old 4th Jun 2011 at 1:17 AM
Yay! I cant wait I'm super excited to have pets again!!!
Forum Resident
#54 Old 4th Jun 2011 at 1:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by insane_in_charlie_shirt
I'm wondering if horses will need roads or not. If they don't that'd be great for worlds with no roads, or where cars simply look out of place. If they do I think it's a bit silly, In the years I've been riding I've spent more time off than on a road.

it will be ALOT of runover horsies.
Instructor
#55 Old 4th Jun 2011 at 1:26 AM
Quote:
Anyone who preorders or purchases the game the 1st day it's out will automatically get the limited edition of The Sims 3 Pets. Any later shipments of the game will just be the normal edition. Both the retail copy and digital downloads will include the limited edition content. The limited edition will come with access to the Pet Store venue, which will include a number of exclusive objects. You'll also be able to build your own Pet Store venue if you wish

Hi there Damien... If you include a pet store venue in a world that you build, you'll still be able to share that world or lot with other players. However, unless they have the limited edition content, it will not function as a pet store and will not show any of the exclusive items - it will simply revert back to a normal community lot.

- SimGuruSemedi http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/po.../30/383413.page

Ugh. Apparently, you must have the limited edition of the game in order to have the Pet Store. What the hell? I better haul my ass to Gamestop quickly >__>

♥ ❤ ❥ Tumblr (which I never update) ♥ ❤ ❥
My Blog
Mad Poster
#56 Old 4th Jun 2011 at 1:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mariomaster101
In other words, it could still be possible I guess that somebody might be able make a new mod to accommodate EA's attempts, but nobody has done so yet to the best of my knowledge, and I have heard making him playable often results in deceased people laying about your town (since Grim is no longer there as an NPC to collect them) so it can cause problems to your game anyways.

Intriguing...they really worked hard on stomping out Grim baby-making, didn't they!?

I see that once upon a time, someone made a mod that extracted his robes. I wonder if that still works. Maybe I'd just have to make do with the crazy shenanigans of some phony riding a horse. LOL....

(My son just walked by and said: "Now look at your Grim Reaper, now back to me...now look at your Reaper...now back to ME...")
Forum Resident
#57 Old 4th Jun 2011 at 1:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Misanthrope
- SimGuruSemedi http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/po.../30/383413.page

Ugh. Apparently, you must have the limited edition of the game in order to have the Pet Store. What the hell? I better haul my ass to Gamestop quickly >__>

That's rather disappointing.
I don't really understand the reasoning behind why they would make the pet store only available for limited edition members (obviously not everyone can get the game the first day due to having busy lives, being out of town, the games going out of stock, etc), and the pet store seems to be an important feature.

I am hoping that there is just some confusion and that it's just the pre-made pet store that is part of the limited edition and not the entire lot type.

If it is the entire lot type, I still hope you can get the pet toys, leashes, and collars at least.
Since this is the first day this expansion has been announced "officially", I am not too concerned until we get more information about it.
Forum Resident
#58 Old 4th Jun 2011 at 2:05 AM
only thing i can think of them tricking us into paying for pre-ordering, is that they desperately need the cash, like, right now!
would be really brutal if the non pre-orderners wouldnt be able to enjoy a working petshop in their game...brutal.
Forum Resident
#59 Old 4th Jun 2011 at 2:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Mishy
only thing i can think of them tricking us into paying for pre-ordering, is that they desperately need the cash, like, right now!
would be really brutal if the non pre-orderners wouldnt be able to enjoy a working petshop in their game...brutal.

I never pre-order games, but I am planning on buying this game the first day it's released (if the store has it out by then ), but I'm a little surprised that they wouldn't have it as store content as well so at least everyone has a chance to at least own the pet store. Even if it will cost more money for it to be store content too, at least it will be there for people who want the option to be able to buy it or use their sim points.
Lab Assistant
#60 Old 4th Jun 2011 at 2:18 AM
@MadameButterfly: As far as I know, there is no such mod. Prior to LN, I heard it was possible to have the Grim Reaper in your family, and even procreate with him, resulting in bizarre, hybrid offspring that could have a unique jet black skin color. He also is apparently immortal, but this might not be intentional, since EA clearly didn't want him playable from the start.

A patch that was released very early on (I don't know which one, but if your game is up to date this is applicable) which prevents procreation with Grimmy. with Late Night installed, making him playable is stomped out as an option altogether. You can still try and chat him up, and I assume if you try hard enough you could still get friendly enough for the "Move In" interaction. The only problem is, if you have Late Night (or possibly even just the most recent game update) the "Move In" option won't appear.

You can bypass the anti-grim move in thing by inviting Grim to a band first in Late Night.

After doing it however the game didn't give me another Grim Reaper to take the town's dead, so the next death sent my save into an exploding spiral.
Forum Resident
#61 Old 4th Jun 2011 at 2:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by birdyfly
I never pre-order games, but I am planning on buying this game the first day it's released (if the store has it out by then ), but I'm a little surprised that they wouldn't have it as store content as well so at least everyone has a chance to at least own the pet store. Even if it will cost more money for it to be store content too, at least it will be there for people who want the option to be able to buy it or use their sim points.

they might do that after the release. i'm guessing its just a trick to get as many as people to buy the game ASAP.
smart move, they know how many sims fans out there are waiting for pets, and "functional" shops
Lab Assistant
#62 Old 4th Jun 2011 at 2:37 AM
I'm disappointed that "evil" is not listed as a known trait yet; I can never make a true kitten without it.
Forum Resident
#63 Old 4th Jun 2011 at 2:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by saeda
I'm disappointed that "evil" is not listed as a known trait yet; I can never make a true kitten without it.

I would love to have an evil kitten for my evil sims.
I have already planned on making a gruff, evil sim at the top of the evil career and let him have this type of kitten:
http://blog.trupanionpetinsurance.c...s:0&tx=72&ty=42

I would love the evil trait for the kitten though so it could be his partner in crime.
Mad Poster
#64 Old 4th Jun 2011 at 2:51 AM
I loved the Grim Reaper riding the horse. Beware the four horsemen of the Apocalypse!
Lab Assistant
#65 Old 4th Jun 2011 at 2:51 AM
I hope cats will be able to stalk and pounce things. My cat loves to hide behind stuff and lunge at me when I walk past. Such a horrible cat..
Inventor
#66 Old 4th Jun 2011 at 2:53 AM
I wonder if there will be a 'Likes Cheezburgerz' trait? Hmm. Something to ponder on.
Forum Resident
#67 Old 4th Jun 2011 at 2:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by saeda
I hope cats will be able to stalk and pounce things. My cat loves to hide behind stuff and lunge at me when I walk past. Such a horrible cat..

My cat used to do that when someone walked down the stairs, then she would run and hide under the bed, thinking no one would figure out it was her.

I don't remember if Sims 2 pets did this, but it looks like cats can hide under the bed:
Inventor
#68 Old 4th Jun 2011 at 3:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by birdyfly
My cat used to do that when someone walked down the stairs, then she would run and hide under the bed, thinking no one would figure out it was her.

I don't remember if Sims 2 pets did this, but it looks like cats can hide under the bed:

One of my cats would hide under the bed too. And this is new, TS2 pets couldn't do this
Test Subject
#69 Old 4th Jun 2011 at 3:05 AM Last edited by mariomaster101 : 4th Jun 2011 at 3:14 AM. Reason: Added tidbit on cats to avoid double-posting.
So let me make sure I understand...if you don't buy this "limited release" you won't be able to use a pet store? As in, there won't even be a venue type available so you can make your own?

If so...that's just ridiculous...I don't wanna haul my rear to a game stop on release day just to get a copy of the game that includes something we should be offered in the first place! I mean, sure, I can understand if they didn't give us a pet store in the lots bin if we didn't get the exclusive version, but couldn't they at least allow us to make our own? To exclude the option of a pet store altogether by removing the venue type seems like it would restrict a lot of gamers from getting the most out of the game, and hardly even seems fair!

I guess we could just set it to be a "Visitors Allowed" venue or something, but still...seems below the belt on EA's part if you ask me. then again, they don't seem too concerned anymore about "playing fair".

Anyways, if we preorder, will we still get the "limited edition" or will we just get the regular version? hopefully, I can at least pre-order at some point and hopefully assume that by doing so, I am guaranteed the extra content without the hassle of running out on release day...

EDIT: While we are on the subject of evil cats...I am hoping to get Ma Bagley such a cat...she's going to be the "Number 1" of my town, if you get my drift...In other words, a "Ms. Blowfeld".

"We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered." ~ Tom Stoppard
Forum Resident
#70 Old 4th Jun 2011 at 3:09 AM
It would be awesome if the cat can run under the sim's feet when you walk by the bed and almost trip them like a real cat would. :P
Also, an icanhascheezburger trait would be an interesting idea:

mariomaster101: You can preorder it and you will get the limited edition (or so I am reading in the Sims 3 Official Forums) and the first day it arrives in stores it will have the limited edition.
Lab Assistant
#71 Old 4th Jun 2011 at 3:13 AM
It would also be really cute if cats could knead things. My cat is kneading my hoodie and one of her claws is stuck in it now >.>
Forum Resident
#72 Old 4th Jun 2011 at 3:21 AM

EDIT: While we are on the subject of evil cats...I am hoping to get Ma Bagley such a cat...she's going to be the "Number 1" of my town, if you get my drift...In other words, a "Ms. Blowfeld".

She would need a Persian cat like this:
http://curiousanimals.net/wp-conten...=1t:429,r:3,s:0

I can see someone trying to make a mod eventually that is a purse to carry a cat, so that would be interesting to see.

Now I need to think up "evil" names for my evil cats.
Lab Assistant
#73 Old 4th Jun 2011 at 3:22 AM
I'm not really sure what this EP is going to offer those who sitting on the fence. AKA: Those who want to add a bit of depth and realism to their game but aren't fanatical about the pets.

Aside from the obvious interactions you can do with furries (dogs/cats) What does this bring to a Sim Household w/o a pet of any kind?

I'd hope the pets are not just confined to their own household lots and see them roaming around the neighbourhood, up to their own mischief.

1. Neighbour's dogs digging holes in your yard, messing up your thrashcans.
2. Cats pawing at your fish pond. Climbing onto the roof of your tree or houses.
3. Horses feeding off your crops in your backyard.
4. And not to mention defecating on your lots & marking their territories..

I just saw the new trailer though. The raccoons and reindeers are no longer featured. I hope wildlife will still make it to the final release. There are so much EA can add to a game from there.
Field Researcher
#74 Old 4th Jun 2011 at 3:26 AM
I really, really hope this Pets is better. Sims 2 Pets SUCKED BIG TIME! I'm glad we'll be able to control them, so that they aren't making my Sim constantly drop his kids to go play fetch. Then all the strays would pee or dig around in the yard unless I put up a fence.

I really, really also hope that you have to have a special barn or fence for the horses. Or else I will go fucking CRAZY with all of my neighbors randomly having horses, running around in the park. Maybe they won't allow them in the city?
Test Subject
#75 Old 4th Jun 2011 at 3:29 AM Last edited by mariomaster101 : 4th Jun 2011 at 3:32 AM. Reason: Kitties!
@Birdyfly: that's good, at least I can preorder and assure I will not get ripped off in EA's lame attempts to try and provide "bonus content". I mean, why give us something not actually necessary to fully enjoy the game? Couldn't they give us, I don't know, an extra car to buy, or some extra wardrobe options for our sims? I mean they are always trying to promote their stupid store, and since some people seem upset that they don't give free store points anymore with new EPs, they could kill two birds with one stone...

Also, while I am talking about wardrobes, wouldn't it be cool if they game us an option to accessorize our pets with pet clothes? No, I shouldn't say cool, but I think some people might find them useful when trying to make a Sim inspired by the guy down the street that always makes their poodle wear a sweater in the winter...it is a simulation after all, they should at least provide the option...

And while I am talking about pet wardrobes, I remembered in Unleashed where we could put our pets in contests where they were judged for ribbons...if wardrobes simply for wardrobes sake seems unnecessary, it could be incorporated into judging pet competitions. I mean, when you get a dancing poodle in a Lady Gaga inspired outfit, it would be hard to not get some sort of ribbon for that...And honestly, I always enjoyed trying to collect the ribbons and trophys...I missed them in TS2...

Well, I can dream at least...but knowing EA, that might be too innovative for them...

EDIT: Yes! A cat-carrying purse! I can see Ma Bagley with one now...! If she is a criminal, it would probably come in handy, sneaking it around all over town...maybe EA will allow pets to even learn some skills that could aid Ms. Bagley in her thievery...*crosses fingers for a Klepto trait for pets*

Locked thread
Page 3 of 100