Replies: 568 (Who?), Viewed: 68881 times.
Page 23 of 23
Mad Poster
#551 Old 10th Sep 2021 at 11:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sokisims
I see that you have been through the experience, that is too accurate.

In fact I want to transmit that with some characters from my neighborhoods in Sims 2, but sometimes I wonder if the world of the sims is more beautiful without those beasts of the devil.

I haven't really dealt with the swiping, but I've dealt with a 'friend' who would demand I look at her pictures, and she would vent at me about her personal woes without letting me vent to her. If I didn't comfort her enough, she would complain, but if I vented about a problem she would be like 'Jenna... it's always about Jenna..." and if I wasn't online at all hours she would throw a Grade-Caillou tantrum on the IM. I would have to explain to her that I had to go to school or class, or to home or to bed (and I shouldn't have had to explain). She would still act rather begrudging.

Eventually I went off the deep end on livejournal and totally embarrassed myself in a flame war due to that and sleep deprivation. Eventually, after another embarrassing flame war, I just ghosted her. That was like... fifteen or sixteen years ago. I just blocked her on AIM even though I had previously promised not to, because I knew she wasn't going to respect my needs, and to her credit, she didn't throw tantrums in public and I maybe sometimes replied to her posts. I recently mentioned that to an acquaintance on Discord and they said "That's called escaping abuse." and my counselor told me that the chick who was demanding my attention was actually isolating me.

But yeah, I think default replacements for the 'good' and 'evil' traits would be cool and make for some great drama. Also, what about toddlers putting things in their mouths, breaking breakable items, and drawing on the walls? And what about children and toddlers having negative feelings about little siblings if their parents don't give them enough positive interactions or responses? It could create a moodlet titled "[Parent Title] Doesn't Love Me!" and special wishes to do things to get attention - positive or negative.
Alchemist
#552 Old 11th Sep 2021 at 7:15 PM
I would spend a lot of money on a mod that fixes the Ambitions careers

or a mod that gave us new playable careers

what does his name even mean?
Field Researcher
#553 Old 12th Sep 2021 at 1:20 PM
@Dacapo To make it more profound, things like a temporary state of stockholm syndrome could be added in some empathic victims.
Mad Poster
#554 Old 13th Sep 2021 at 7:37 PM Last edited by JDacapo : 14th Sep 2021 at 12:00 AM. Reason: Added an idea for narcissistic children
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sokisims
@Dacapo To make it more profound, things like a temporary state of stockholm syndrome could be added in some empathic victims.

Definitely.

I had actually felt sorry for that chick because she was whining about how people were being so mean to her and how they were harassing her on AIM (when she could have just blocked them or set it to buddies only) and the thing is, it was kind of justified because she was tracing other people's art and passing it off as her own. But I was kind of blinded to that because I was discussing the situation with the admins of this well-known art site and they were saying things in the vein of "Oh it's the Sonic fandom bitching about character theft and character theft isn't real etc." so I was confused as well. And there were times where she was nice, and I was going through some hard times emotionally from losing a couple friendships that I held dear (and it's likely due to my obsessive behaviour that has lately gotten somewhat of an outlet, as I may have OCD and the like) and I was basically in Aspiration Failure at some points and desperation at others - picture a sim having a chat with a cup-stick buddy or a volleyball with a mortarboard. I was vulnerable and she wasn't the only tracer who had me duped, as I had become friends with another who was very obsessive with this rather popular anthro artist (said popular anthro artist came off back then as a stereotypical bitchy cheerleader but looking back I think she was trying to be as nice and polite as possible, then finally couldn't take anymore and blew up).

I felt a little twinge when I blocked the tracer who just would not accept that I needed to have my breaks, but oh did it feel good to just get some weight off my shoulders. But yes, I did empathize with her. I wish I had seen the red flags and not ignored warnings.

Edit: And I got me another idea for the 'narcissistic' trait... a child with the trait can, if scolded or punished, have a special interaction called "But MEEEEEHM..." which could get him out of trouble or even get him a treat or some kind of toy to placate him. Parents with traits like 'disciplined' will not fall for it. Could even give a special moodlet with a picture of Eric Cartman.
Test Subject
#555 Old 20th Sep 2021 at 12:36 AM
I wish we could add custom traits to the game .
Instructor
#556 Old 20th Sep 2021 at 3:16 AM
Maybe it already exists...I don't know, but recolorable eyelashes for toddlers and children for both genders. So then when I create a Sim with albinism or a fantasy type character they can have the same eyelash color throughout their lifespan.
http://mahamudosim3.blogspot.com/20...8ff54261349556c
Screenshots

Because I'm Fragile...but I'm not "that" fragile.
Field Researcher
#557 Old 20th Sep 2021 at 4:49 AM
Gruesims converted Sclubs lashes for kids and toddlers https://sketchbookpixels.wixsite.co...at-those-lashes I don't think they are recolorable but maybe they would consdier adding a recolorable version.
Test Subject
#558 Old 20th Sep 2021 at 7:07 AM
It really bothers me that the sound of using dishwasher is the same for both children and adults. The sound of that action for adults does not match with what is happening when a child uses the dishwasher, and it triggers me every time I notice it.

Also the fact that dip kiss has no sound whatsoever, like step sounds for example, really bothers me as well. It is my favorite romantic interaction, and yet I rarely use it because of this.

I wish there was a mod that could fix these problems.
Mad Poster
#559 Old 20th Sep 2021 at 11:44 AM
I wonder if custom traits ARE possible in Sims 3... it would help with kinda making the technophobe trait more realistic and less of a blanket technology-hater trait. If not, make certain electronics like the smartphone, multitab, old timey telly, and retrotastic TV actually enjoyable for technophobes. Maybe even make it possible to do writing related stuff on the multitab, as well as art.

Also, maybe one that alerts the player when new npcs are being made? Or did nraas take care of that too?
Mad Poster
#560 Old 20th Sep 2021 at 3:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDacapo
I wonder if custom traits ARE possible in Sims 3...

Custom traits are possible by way of a Core Mod loader (e.g., AwesomeMod but that only covers the custom traits included in AM itself) or by scripting. The scripting method is VERY complicated, which is why we rarely see them. There have been a total of I think two custom traits released for general usage -- SimsMX had one, the Hypochondriac trait, but it's outdated and should not be used on current patch levels. Arsil has a custom Japanese culture trait that is still usable.

Arsil also prepared a method for players to make their own custom traits for their own usage, but it is very complicated to follow and I'm not sure many have been able to use it successfully.
Forum Resident
#561 Old 20th Sep 2021 at 3:42 PM
Well, the biggest problem besides what igazor already listed is that TS3 traits affect so many different parts of the game as well. It isn't like TS4 where they primarily affect a Sim's mood. There's tons of code for behavioral differences between all of the different traits and how they interact with each other.

So honestly, even if there is a streamlined process to it, I'm not sure custom traits would feel as authentic as those that come with the game. Unless it was just tweaking an existing one if that were possible.

You have been chosen. They will come soon.
Instructor
#562 Old 20th Sep 2021 at 7:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandelyn
Gruesims converted Sclubs lashes for kids and toddlers https://sketchbookpixels.wixsite.co...at-those-lashes I don't think they are recolorable but maybe they would consdier adding a recolorable version.

I just recently downloaded these and they are very nice but no, not recolorable though I am quite happy to have these. Thanks.
Screenshots

Because I'm Fragile...but I'm not "that" fragile.
Mad Poster
#563 Old 20th Sep 2021 at 8:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jathom95
Well, the biggest problem besides what igazor already listed is that TS3 traits affect so many different parts of the game as well. It isn't like TS4 where they primarily affect a Sim's mood. There's tons of code for behavioral differences between all of the different traits and how they interact with each other.

So honestly, even if there is a streamlined process to it, I'm not sure custom traits would feel as authentic as those that come with the game. Unless it was just tweaking an existing one if that were possible.

I see... well I hope it will be possible in the future. Been thinking about the Supernatural Skeptic trait... I think supernatural skeptics should be able to write horror novels because not all horror films or novels involve supernatural or aliens. It's like whoever came up with the trait had never seen Saw, Cube, Texas Chainsaw Massacre, or Psycho. None of them involved the supernatural, and they were plenty scary. And you don't even have to believe in the supernatural to like fantasy or horror.
Instructor
#564 Old 26th Sep 2021 at 5:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandelyn
I second the ducks...and the bunnies. And the llamas.

I forgot about the ducks I still don't play cottage living in ts4 [I even don't know if we got foxes in sims 3 coming with the chicken coop I never tested this at all yet].

My story blog in French (FR) / Mon blog histoire en français : http://simsophonique.ek.la/
Instructor
#565 Old 26th Sep 2021 at 5:50 PM
Quote:
I wonder if custom traits ARE possible in Sims 3... it would help with kinda making the technophobe trait more realistic and less of a blanket technology-hater trait. If not, make certain electronics like the smartphone, multitab, old timey telly, and retrotastic TV actually enjoyable for technophobes. Maybe even make it possible to do writing related stuff on the multitab, as well as art.

Also, maybe one that alerts the player when new npcs are being made? Or did nraas take care of that too?

Well to say if custom traits will be a reality in the future even though that's very hard I want :
Dislike pets, (as dislike children) - Carnivorous ( the contrary of vegetarian) - Hates reading -Procrastinator , well all the conflicts traits that are non existant in the game, and an improved version of Born salesman I think this trait is very useless.

My story blog in French (FR) / Mon blog histoire en français : http://simsophonique.ek.la/
Mad Poster
#566 Old 30th Sep 2021 at 9:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LucieSims
Well to say if custom traits will be a reality in the future even though that's very hard I want :
Dislike pets, (as dislike children) - Carnivorous ( the contrary of vegetarian) - Hates reading -Procrastinator , well all the conflicts traits that are non existant in the game, and an improved version of Born salesman I think this trait is very useless.

And what about a mod where a major event can trigger a trait change in the middle of a life stage? Like if a child sees a parent getting abducted, the child could end up becoming neurotic, or if a lot of things go wrong, a sim could gain the loser or unlucky trait, or even become a hothead. Getting overindulged can lead to a trait being replaced by 'Diva' while either Rebellious or Inappropriate could result at random from heavy-handed or lax discipline. Absent-Mindedness can be the result of a child watching too much TV and playing too many video games, and sims could also become Couch Potatoes. Bad relationships with parents and lack of attention could lead to traits like Insane, Rebellious, Social Butterfly, Diva, etc. Aging into elderhood and not having much experience with technology can lead to technophobia, as could witnessing someone dying from electrocution, or seeing one's child just sitting on the couch and watching TV all day.

With traits like Rebellious, it would be realistic for a child whose parents are too restrictive with rules to rebel - there are many a story of teens doing that. Like one girl whose parents didn't let her go anywhere or do anything - kept her on a tight leash. She wasn't allowed to do much except for Church functions. She got pregnant. Turned out she was sneaking out of her window to see a guy. With traits like Diva and Social Butterfly, I have a feeling that these people either didn't get enough attention or were those cute, smart kids whose parents would teach a few songs and maybe they'd teach them to spell some hard words or rattle off a few facts - like my mom did - then when they're too old to be cute, they suffer from attention withdrawals and have to seek it in some way or another.
Instructor
#567 Old 2nd Oct 2021 at 7:24 PM
Quote:
And what about a mod where a major event can trigger a trait change in the middle of a life stage? Like if a child sees a parent getting abducted, the child could end up becoming neurotic, or if a lot of things go wrong, a sim could gain the loser or unlucky trait, or even become a hothead. Getting overindulged can lead to a trait being replaced by 'Diva' while either Rebellious or Inappropriate could result at random from heavy-handed or lax discipline. Absent-Mindedness can be the result of a child watching too much TV and playing too many video games, and sims could also become Couch Potatoes. Bad relationships with parents and lack of attention could lead to traits like Insane, Rebellious, Social Butterfly, Diva, etc. Aging into elderhood and not having much experience with technology can lead to technophobia, as could witnessing someone dying from electrocution, or seeing one's child just sitting on the couch and watching TV all day.

With traits like Rebellious, it would be realistic for a child whose parents are too restrictive with rules to rebel - there are many a story of teens doing that. Like one girl whose parents didn't let her go anywhere or do anything - kept her on a tight leash. She wasn't allowed to do much except for Church functions. She got pregnant. Turned out she was sneaking out of her window to see a guy. With traits like Diva and Social Butterfly, I have a feeling that these people either didn't get enough attention or were those cute, smart kids whose parents would teach a few songs and maybe they'd teach them to spell some hard words or rattle off a few facts - like my mom did - then when they're too old to be cute, they suffer from attention withdrawals and have to seek it in some way or another.

Your idea is very realistic and it could be easily included in the sims. We got the mood switching all the time in the sims 4 why not the traits switching often (and in the sims 3 that also could fit it as the open world leads them to live special events) By the way they only surface the idea of changing when mid-life crisis come to your sims life. It is true that in real life , traumas and/or blessed events can switch our personality no matter the age we are currently. If only the game was not too much computer ressource gready it will be a fantastic mod or addon. However you can easy up to 3Gb of ram in this game. Better to get a powerful computer or a playing with no cc with a such mod. (Myself with my computer I couldn't play with)

But people who doesn't really want an absolute model on real life gameplay and enjoy how the sims 3 personality are already, better to simply add traits and/or add more possibilities with.

Forum Resident
#568 Old 3rd Oct 2021 at 8:26 PM
I feel like I've posted this in this thread at some point, but anyway - I really wish the handiness skill gain or whatever for unclogging a toilet could be disabled. As trivial as that sounds, I don't like my Sims gaining random skills just because, and if you don't do it yourself you have to call the repairman every time to fix a damn clogged toilet lol.

You have been chosen. They will come soon.
Mad Poster
#569 Old 5th Oct 2021 at 3:04 AM
Mods for left handedness - like make one out of ten sims have the 'Lefty' hidden trait. Children with a Lefty parent will have a 10-15% bonus chance of being a Lefty, and having two Lefty parents would give a bonus of 20-30%. Lefty sims would have custom adapted animations for writing, painting, and operating certain appliances like the microwave and processor, and using remotes, playing guitars and other instruments, etc.

Is a mod like that possible?
Page 23 of 23