Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Inventor
#751 Old 1st Apr 2019 at 12:03 AM
I decided to try my hand at more Brownstone looking apartments and came up with these:

Just four units in this block. They're mostly unfinished in terms of decor, with only the interior doors and walls in place. I intend for them to be money sinks that my wealthy and/or Fortune sims can decorate to their heart's content.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#752 Old 9th Apr 2019 at 4:29 PM
My daughter made a Community lot a few days ago. She was really happy about her landscaping and took a few shots.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Mad Poster
#753 Old 20th Apr 2019 at 2:38 AM
Yay! The Cauzie Family now have a new house.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Lab Assistant
#754 Old 22nd Apr 2019 at 8:03 PM
Some landscape pics of my semi-rural BACC hood Huntsville (no resemblance to real life Huntsville)
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
#755 Old 30th Apr 2019 at 4:13 PM
Default “Sunny Days” Family Beach House
“Sunny Day” Family Beach House

Inspiration

In-game shots

Screenshots
Lab Assistant
#756 Old 30th Apr 2019 at 4:16 PM
Default “Cape Cod Dreaming”
Inspiration:

In-game shot:

Screenshots
Lab Assistant
#757 Old 30th Apr 2019 at 4:23 PM
Default “Somewhere Down Yonder”
Inspiration: myself

I live in Texas and see a lot of homes like this so I figured I’d try my hand at recreating one.

In game shots:

Screenshots
Test Subject
#758 Old 4th May 2019 at 10:00 PM
I really love these two houses, I hope to play again in that neighborhood soon.

Alchemist
#759 Old 9th May 2019 at 7:03 AM
Default Apocalypse container house
I just lifted Law in my Apoc hood, which means some of the family can move into their own houses at last. Which meant I needed more houses...

This house is made of three shipping containers (plus a small wooden extension for accessing the stairs). The total floor plan is 192 tiles, equal to three floors of 8x8 if one played by the original building rules. No carport, but extra space for family as a result. 2x2 lot. The front porch and top deck are covered as per the rules. The upstairs deck is fenced, at least partly to remind me not to put anything outside the covered area.

The first picture shows the house at dawn, with custom wall coverings as I am actually playing the house. The other pics are the CC-free version, with Maxis wallpapers and starter furnishings for the challenge. The top floor is currently empty, but will be used mostly as a bedroom.
Screenshots
Scholar
#760 Old 31st May 2019 at 9:57 PM
Adding some pics that I posted in my thread in an other section (under "what's going on in your game (TS2)?). The first two is based on Maxis houses and the third one is custom.

The "Tiny House - 2BR 1BA Driveway" whit a 2:nd floor.

The "City House - 2BR 1.5BA Garage" whit out a garage but whit more living space.

I can not recall using anything from the lot bin to build this so I take the credit. :D
#761 Old 1st Jul 2019 at 4:27 PM
Default Newbie Road 12 Renovation
A renovation of plasticbox's Newbie Road 12 as a modern showhome with a garage and conservatory added.
Mad Poster
#762 Old 2nd Jul 2019 at 6:36 PM
My attempt at an "Oriental" house for the Tsao family:
typical ARC - Pregnant wife & hubby don't even pause to admire the gardens, but head straight to the bed.
House is surrounded by matching hood trees.
And a shot of the bridge with ... awning? It was very fiddly, maybe I should have tried constrain-ground to make an arched bridge, but it was hard enough putting it at an angle, with water under it.
Total cost at move in was $22103, but with kittens and babies on the way, I started to enlarge it.
Screenshots

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Scholar
#763 Old 12th Jul 2019 at 3:01 AM Last edited by Fyren5 : 12th Jul 2019 at 9:17 PM.
My first ever custom hood! This is Corris, an actual hood named after a Welsh village a few miles from me. It doesn't look like Corris at all but I like it. I've never made a custom hood before so I'm pretty excited! Especially since it's Welsh themed! Proud to be Welsh!

I've finished decorating although I don't think my game likes how many tree's I've put in the hood. Wales has lots of trees and I wanted to include them.

Mad Poster
#764 Old 13th Jul 2019 at 6:16 PM
"Proud to be Welsh".. and I'm proud to have married into a Welsh family; married John Henry Davis (actually the 3rd by that name) at 19 and named our son..John Henry Davis, of course. Was TOLD it was an old Welsh name. All those John's (and my husband's mom and his sister and HER daughter) were strapping red heads.

Lab Assistant
#765 Old 30th Aug 2019 at 3:46 PM
Default First Build Since Last Year :)
Began working on this last night. My first build since last year... still haven’t figured out what I want to do with it yet. Perhaps a cozy home for 2 or maybe even a cafe. Hmm... any ideas?

Screenshots
Lab Assistant
#766 Old 30th Aug 2019 at 4:26 PM
This is so cute, @SimplySimPro. Is the warm atmosphere a result of a lighting mod, or is it just photo editing?
Lab Assistant
#767 Old 30th Aug 2019 at 4:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Misaki Chan
This is so cute, @SimplySimPro. Is the warm atmosphere a result of a lighting mod, or is it just photo editing?

Thanks so much. I am using Gunmod’s Radiance Lighting Mod installed through Scriptorium. I set the hour to 18 so I could take pictures in the dusk setting. Come to think of it, I built the entire lot in dusk to get that warm atmosphere specifically. Glad it got across.
Forum Resident
#768 Old 30th Aug 2019 at 9:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SimplySimPro
Began working on this last night. My first build since last year... still haven’t figured out what I want to do with it yet. Perhaps a cozy home for 2 or maybe even a cafe. Hmm... any ideas?

It definitely feels like a cozy cafe to me. Tables or chairs could be placed right on the deck by the water :lovestruc

aka fir3princ3ss
My Youtube Channel
Currently playing:
-Medieval Charter Challenge on The Sims 2
-Ye Olde Royal Kingdom Challenge on The Sims 3
Theorist
#769 Old 30th Aug 2019 at 10:27 PM
@SimplySimPro I absolutely love your lot. Fantastic build!

“Seize the time... Live now! Make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again.” ― Jean-Luc Picard
Lab Assistant
#770 Old 4th Sep 2019 at 10:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lfria
It definitely feels like a cozy cafe to me. Tables or chairs could be placed right on the deck by the water :lovestruc

Haven’t decided yet... started on another lot. I’m terrible about leaving lots unfinished and then moving on to another.
Lab Assistant
#771 Old 4th Sep 2019 at 10:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by PenelopeT
@SimplySimPro I absolutely love your lot. Fantastic build!

Thank you, dear.
Lab Assistant
#772 Old 4th Sep 2019 at 10:39 AM
121 Golden Meadow Lane
I’ve been on a lil cottage frenzy lately hehe. Started a new neighborhood called Lindenridge Valley with this being the first lot in the neighborhood.

Have some changes I want to make still. I’ll probably post some updates within the week.
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#773 Old 4th Sep 2019 at 7:40 PM
SimplySimPro: OMG that is so astonishing, doesn't even look like Sim2! You must be using lots of building "cheats"..? I can't even remember how to get windows to set, on a wall with a roof under it (like an upstairs over a slanted roof), like your post #759.

Lab Assistant
#774 Old 4th Sep 2019 at 7:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by grammapat
SimplySimPro: OMG that is so astonishing, doesn't even look like Sim2! You must be using lots of building "cheats"..? I can't even remember how to get windows to set, on a wall with a roof under it (like an upstairs over a slanted roof), like your post #759.

Omg thank you!!! And it’s funny you say that because they aren’t Maxis roofs actually... so don’t feel bad! I can’t take all the credit lol!

Those roofs I actually found on a Russian website. I used a translator to make sure I was installing the right meshes and recolors. I downloaded the set rather recently from my PC. Would you like me to link you when I get home from work?
Lab Assistant
#775 Old 4th Sep 2019 at 8:51 PM
Lindenridge Valley Hood Plan
Here’s a little sneak peek of what’s to come! Lindenridge Valley is a peaceful, magical city with a little something for everyone. Whether you prefer seclusion away from the hustle and bustle or enjoy being surrounded by friendly neighbors in the burbs, sims shouldn’t have any problem finding where they fit in.

Spend some time in City Square where you can enjoy a stroll through the park, get in some much needed spa/gym time or grab a bite to eat at the famous Linden’s Peak Bistro. If you’re not feeling hungry, no need to worry... there’s a coffee shop and pub right around the corner if you’re trying to catch a buzz! Oh, and be sure to check out the radio broadcasting center while you’re out and about.

Also in Lindenridge is the Shopping District right across North Lindenridge Bridge which includes a large shopping center, unique hair salon, vintage movie theater, small cozy cafes, charming restaurants and an amphitheater with incredible views that you will be sure to make many memories at.

Main Street
More info coming soon but for the most part Main Street is pretty self explanatory... shops, pubs, a bakery, pet shop, floral shop... and much, much more.

But hmmm.... where to live, you ask?

Linden Heights
High income/large families, wealthier sims
-Country Club/Retreat where you can grab a bite to eat on the high rise deck “Height’s Kitchen”, relax in the hot tub, get a massage, or get to know the neighbors and join in on the festivities whenever the holidays come around!

Hawthorne Pointe
Middle-income/mid-sized families
-Smaller Country Club with a coffee barista, library, and activities center!

Unnamed Small Residential Community
Low income-mid income families
-Nestled under South Lindenridge Bridge right across the street from Lindenwaters Recreation Center.

Lindenridge Retirement Community
Getting older is a privilege in Lindenridge Retirement Community! Details coming soon.

And of course, there are plenty of rural properties, charming mansions and smaller cottages across Lindenridge Valley. If you’re really feeling daring, you could even purchase a house called Mystic Hollow on Mossy Lane, said to have been haunted by a family for decades who were murdered by the most evil, unforgiving sims. Purchase at your own risk...and whatever you do, stay away from the wishing well...

~~~~~

Although for the most part seemingly peaceful, don’t let the name fool you. There is never ending mystery in this city... and surprises at every corner. Don’t blink.

Stay tuned for more....
Screenshots
Page 31 of 40