Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Sep 2021 at 11:46 AM
Default I can't download, So after following all the suggestions.. Here it is..
Hi guys.
Just a quick question.
Why would my Firefox not be able to download a zip or whatever from this particular site.
What happens is nothing. I click a link and it does a whole lot of nothing, But, If I hold the shift button I get another window that opens and it says. "The address wasn’t understood" It seems that trying to download a file is the only time I'm ignored. I did try “Safe File as” and still a whole lot of nothing happened. No random text no random time out message, I mean nuttin.
Just now I found a lil link that says if I have a IM that hasn’t been read and I cant find it then click here! So I clicked there! Hey, im gonna b able to download, again! But it did fix that phantom message that I could not read but noooo, false alarm; still cant download.
Other then the ones built into Firefox I don’t do download managers, btw.
I can jump and look around this site no issues. I’m thinking, I sabotaged myself some how. Its gotta b a setting someplace that tells Firefox to not download from this site only? Hmmmm And Yes, I can download any given download using another browser, but it seems this site is the only one that Firefox has issues with. I can copy paste a downlink link into some other forsaken viewer and it works fine. But hey, I’m lazy!
This has been going on for months, Im just now able to sit down and fire up the spell checker
Thnx for any help in advance for any help that may fly my way..

Sir William
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2 Old 14th Sep 2021 at 12:04 PM
Can you download from here if you use another browser, such as Edge?
Can you download from here if you open Firefox in troubleshoot mode?
Can you download from a direct link? For example this file.