Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Jan 2012 at 5:21 AM
Default Can I change a baby's gender?
Despite having my Sim eat 10 watermelon, my baby turned out to be a boy. I absolutely need a girl. Is there a way to give my baby a sex change?

I also have a copy of the game saved a few Sim hours before my Sim gave birth. So if there's a way to change the gender of a baby before it's born, I could do that too.
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 8th Jan 2012 at 5:44 AM
Ugh don't even get me started on Watermelon boys.
My sim had 6 boys before she had TRIPLET girls.

But hm, on topic... Perhaps edit in CAS?
And change genders?
Mad Poster
#3 Old 8th Jan 2012 at 6:11 AM
Why does the game do that, do you think? Is it because it's balancing out the neighborhood? Is it possible to quit without saving if the baby isn't the right gender, the same way you could in Sims 1 or Sims 2?

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 8th Jan 2012 at 6:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by VerDeTerre
Is it possible to quit without saving if the baby isn't the right gender, the same way you could in Sims 1 or Sims 2?
As far as I know, the baby's gender is determined when the mother gets her first baby bump. I do have old saves I could go back to, but then I'd have to replay the last 3 days. And I'd still be at risk of the same thing happening again. So I'm hoping there's an easier way.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 8th Jan 2012 at 7:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by amberland
As far as I know, the baby's gender is determined when the mother gets her first baby bump. I do have old saves I could go back to, but then I'd have to replay the last 3 days. And I'd still be at risk of the same thing happening again. So I'm hoping there's an easier way.
Oh, that rots! I just looked that up on the Sims wiki too.

Personally, I've had luck with the watermelon trick if a girl is desired, but you have to be certain to avoid the apples from the moment of conception. The wiki claims that only the pure fruit matters, but I'm fairly certain any product with apples will increase chances of having a boy, so toss them out. Make certain that there aren't any in the refrigerator or those pesky Sims will make pancakes or salad out of them. You also need to throw out any pancakes or salads you have stored before getting pregnant and make certain there aren't any apples in your Sims inventory. And do not let your mommy-to-be harvest the apple trees either.

I wonder if there's a hack.

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 8th Jan 2012 at 10:15 AM
Despite having my Sim eat 10 watermelon, my baby turned out to be a boy. I absolutely need a girl. Is there a way to give my baby a sex change?

I also have a copy of the game saved a few Sim hours before my Sim gave birth. So if there's a way to change the gender of a baby before it's born, I could do that too.

Twallan's Master Controller has an option to artificially multiply the amount of multiple births, and change gender while the baby's still in the womb.
Forum Resident
#7 Old 8th Jan 2012 at 11:43 AM
The way I'd do it is use Twallan's Master Contoller... go into Advanced/Edit in CAS and change the toddler (it wouldn't work on a baby) into a girl.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 8th Jan 2012 at 9:23 PM
:lovestruc It's A Girl! :lovestruc

Thank You! Using MC let me change the baby's gender before it was born.

(And a big thanks to Twallan. That's the second problem you've fixed for me this weekend.)
Instructor
#9 Old 9th Jan 2012 at 5:26 AM
You can also change the sim's gender after it is born too. My sim ate a bunch of watermelon and gave birth to a boy so I just used MC to change gender. There is some wonkiness with this, like when s(he) aged up into a YA she had her dad's body hair, but after changing outfits it was gone. Other than that, she's a real girl.

"There's nothing to writing.
All you do is sit at a typewriter and open a vein."
-Walter "Red" Smith
Alchemist
#10 Old 9th Jan 2012 at 6:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by TheLB
Other than that, she's a real girl.

Instructor
#11 Old 9th Jan 2012 at 6:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by TheLB
You can also change the sim's gender after it is born too. My sim ate a bunch of watermelon and gave birth to a boy so I just used MC to change gender. There is some wonkiness with this, like when s(he) aged up into a YA she had her dad's body hair, but after changing outfits it was gone. Other than that, she's a real girl.

Is that like how Pinocchio was a real boy?
Scholar
#12 Old 9th Jan 2012 at 1:56 PM
I'm wondering if the new patch has anything to do with this. I used to get frustrated because if my sim ate one single apple during pregnancy, she'd have a boy. I had to watch her and clean out the fridge to make sure that she didn't make any apple foods. Basically, I forced her to eat stuff like mac and cheese and such just to make sure that she used no fruit whatsoever.

Since the new patch, eating the fruit seems to have little to no effect. For example, my sim and her husband wanted to have a boy. She ate an apple instead of a meal every time she was hungry during her whole pregnancy. Her daughter's name is Apple.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#13 Old 10th Jan 2012 at 2:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kewpie
I'm wondering if the new patch has anything to do with this.
I'm still on patch 24. So for me at least, it's not any of the latest patches.

I'm pretty sure only the apples or watermelons your Sim eats during her first day of pregnancy count. From everything I've heard, once the bump appears, the gender's been set.
Test Subject
#14 Old 25th Aug 2013 at 7:23 PM
how do you use the master controll?
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#15 Old 25th Aug 2013 at 7:42 PM
I like your username. In my language it means that you are one of Curtis' frying pans.

But anyway, MasterController support can be found at nraas.wikispaces.com, including manuals and instructions on how to install and use it.
Top Secret Researcher
#16 Old 25th Aug 2013 at 9:13 PM
Also Cmar's pregnancy controller allows you to alter the baby gender (at any point before birth). It's pretty handy pregnancy mod to have
http://www.modthesims.info/d/485285

Edit: ^ and that joke made my day
Field Researcher
#17 Old 25th Aug 2013 at 11:28 PM
I'm still on patch 24. So for me at least, it's not any of the latest patches.

I'm pretty sure only the apples or watermelons your Sim eats during her first day of pregnancy count. From everything I've heard, once the bump appears, the gender's been set.

Patch 24?!

Geez...

I am not pretty. I am not beautiful. I am as radiant as the sun.

coming soon to a tumblr near you:
The Disney 10-Gen Legacy Challenge
Hunger Games Challenge
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#18 Old 25th Aug 2013 at 11:34 PM
Look at the thread's date, please. Amberland's Sim baby will probably already grace Sunset Valley's graveyard, after a fulfilling and action-laden life with many children, grandchildren and grand-grandchildren.
Field Researcher
#19 Old 26th Aug 2013 at 3:26 AM
Why do people rezz threads? I'm already easily befuddled. I don't need people to add to that.

I am not pretty. I am not beautiful. I am as radiant as the sun.

coming soon to a tumblr near you:
The Disney 10-Gen Legacy Challenge
Hunger Games Challenge