Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Tomb of the Underground Garden

by dolphin26 Posted 20th Dec 2009 at 7:00 PM - Updated 12th Jan 2010 at 11:10 PM by dolphin26

56 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 49 Feedback Posts, 6 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 3
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#26 Old 23rd Dec 2009 at 2:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sweettoken12
Well, I know that it was a community lot, but I can't find it in any of my bins! I even went to Egypt to go see if it would pop up then! Maybe, there is a glitch with my other downloads, or I'm not supposed to put it in my package/mods bin?

Ah, that is the problem. Check the "Install Instructions" at the bottom of this page. sim3packs don't go in the mod/packages directory, you need to double click on them and that will cause the sims 3 launcher to install it into your game.
Test Subject
#27 Old 23rd Dec 2009 at 7:27 AM
I really enjoyed this tomb. While my sims got burned multiple times and I was frustrated on the maze part, it was very fun.
Test Subject
#28 Old 23rd Dec 2009 at 1:31 PM
i'TS very ,very good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!thanks
Test Subject
#29 Old 23rd Dec 2009 at 4:35 PM
wow this is awesome! Thanks! anyways, im trying my hand at tomb-building and i can't figure out how to get the traps in there.... or how you got the plants in there! did you have a gardener plant them, and then convert the lot to community?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#30 Old 23rd Dec 2009 at 10:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kwuz
wow this is awesome! Thanks! anyways, im trying my hand at tomb-building and i can't figure out how to get the traps in there.... or how you got the plants in there! did you have a gardener plant them, and then convert the lot to community?

For how to get traps and other tomb objects in there, take a look at this:

http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/w...ombbuilding.php

As for how I got the plants in there: yes, it was a residential lot. I had a gardener plant them up in the normal ground on top of the tomb. Later I moved them into the tomb with the "moveobjects on" cheat.
Test Subject
#31 Old 24th Dec 2009 at 7:06 AM
Thanks a lot for this tomb!! :-)
Field Researcher
#32 Old 27th Dec 2009 at 6:02 AM
Dolphin, I really enjoyed playing this toom. My 2 sims did a good job getting through it. YOU did a great job of putting this toom together. Thanks again for sharing with us!

Not having a sig IS my sig. Oh wait, this is a sig, isn't it? Nevermind...
Field Researcher
#33 Old 28th Dec 2009 at 1:39 AM
I did forget to mention something before. I didn't have any trouble picking up any of the money piles but there was one thing I couldn't pick up...the gem on the level with the Mummy's. I tried & tried to pick up that 1 gem on the floor but the only option it gave was to change the display, (like on a pillow & so forth). I did figure out for the loot on the pedestals that you have to click on the pedestal itself & not the loot to be able to put it in inventory. I also noticed a few oddly placed small rocks in the maze room, but they didn't affect the use of the maze at all. Could maybe have used a bathroom placed somewhere as my sims peed themselves a few times. The entire thing could have been a bit more challenging but it was great for your first one. Overall, I thought you did a wonderful job with this & it was clever how you had to use 2 sims to get through it!

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#34 Old 29th Dec 2009 at 4:10 PM Last edited by dolphin26 : 29th Dec 2009 at 5:58 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Mimi52861
I did forget to mention something before. I didn't have any trouble picking up any of the money piles but there was one thing I couldn't pick up...the gem on the level with the Mummy's. I tried & tried to pick up that 1 gem on the floor but the only option it gave was to change the display, (like on a pillow & so forth). I did figure out for the loot on the pedestals that you have to click on the pedestal itself & not the loot to be able to put it in inventory. I also noticed a few oddly placed small rocks in the maze room, but they didn't affect the use of the maze at all. Could maybe have used a bathroom placed somewhere as my sims peed themselves a few times. The entire thing could have been a bit more challenging but it was great for your first one. Overall, I thought you did a wonderful job with this & it was clever how you had to use 2 sims to get through it!

Thanks so much for your feedback! The rocks are purposeful -- they prevent the pushable statues from being pushed out of the maze completely and used in a way they aren't intended, such as to disable the traps at the end of the maze.

I'm going to mention the bit about clicking on the pedestal rather than the loot itself in the intro, and add a pedestal for that gem by the mummies. I'll also add a bathroom... my sims have steel bladders so I don't think about that much...

Anyway, these changes will be in v 1.2, and I think we can take it out of beta. Thanks again!
Field Researcher
#35 Old 29th Dec 2009 at 11:17 PM
Ahh, ok...I see now what you mean with the rocks & the maze. And you're very welcome for the feedback. Like I said, I really did enjoy this tomb and you did a great job for it being your first one. I have yet to try my hand at tomb building...I think I would rather explore them than build them, (at least for now).

Top Secret Researcher
#36 Old 9th Jan 2010 at 6:29 AM
Cool, thanks.
Instructor
#37 Old 9th Jan 2010 at 9:55 AM
was this made with the new patch?

The Bible contains 6 admonishments to homosexuals and 362 admonishments to heterosexuals. That doesn't mean that God doesn't love heterosexuals. It's just that they need more supervision. - L. Lavner
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#38 Old 9th Jan 2010 at 7:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by knightguy82
was this made with the new patch?

Yes, it was made with 2.3, but it shouldn't contain anything that is patch specific except that it needs WA.
Instructor
#39 Old 9th Jan 2010 at 10:47 PM Last edited by knightguy82 : 12th Jan 2010 at 1:50 PM.
i tryed to install with 2.2.5 an it said i needed to update

which no way i'm using that faulty patch till they make a fix for it

---------------------------------

ok i got it working by using Delphy's Sims3Pack MultiInstaller

the i added edf_ to the file name an throw it in My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Library

tho i noticed i had keep going back after a couple days to Harvest all "31" fish from the Omni Plants which isn't that bad since i also got to Harvest the other plants too

The Bible contains 6 admonishments to homosexuals and 362 admonishments to heterosexuals. That doesn't mean that God doesn't love heterosexuals. It's just that they need more supervision. - L. Lavner
Test Subject
#40 Old 30th Jan 2010 at 5:06 AM
Wow! I have never commented on a download from here before. (Not that I don't love everything I get here!) I am really impressed with the amount of work you put into this tomb. I don't know how far I am on it, but it took me 3 hours in real time to get to where I am now. (Maybe I'm a bit slow) I got stuck in the maze area for a long time though... I really want to say thanks for this tomb you made. I am hoping you make more, I enjoyed this one more than the default ones Maxis made. Thank you very much!!!
RETROTROUT
#41 Old 31st Jan 2010 at 1:25 PM
Thank You So much for making this. I love your work :D

Retrotrut Is On Zee Track
Test Subject
#42 Old 7th Feb 2010 at 9:40 AM
How do you get out of this maze? It's so difficult. There's no way you get out because fire has trapped you and the statues wouldn't help either
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#43 Old 7th Feb 2010 at 9:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LUVERMAN36617
How do you get out of this maze? It's so difficult. There's no way you get out because fire has trapped you and the statues wouldn't help either

For the maze, like the other challenges, you need to have two sims acting as a team. Click the button below to get more information.
Test Subject
#44 Old 21st Feb 2010 at 5:26 AM
It's very well done! My sims and I had lots of fun You did an amazing job! Congrats, you are talented! Thanks for share
Mad Poster
#45 Old 21st Apr 2010 at 8:19 PM
Thank you so much for this tomb, as whiteshark80 mentioned, you did a great job on this. This tomb was a a lot of fun, and it came in a time of great need. My favorite sim accidentially died and is now a ghost, this tomb was just what we needed to get her the ambrosia ingrediance. Her brother and sister went exploring the tomb, and when the writing said that they have to split up, one going right, one left, I had them hug. In case they never meet up again. I didn't find the recipe book thou, so I must have missed something. The greatest treasure in the toomb was the toilet, it always comes in need, and it was nice you had so much space in the tomb so sims can set up a tent without having to go outside to sleep.
Test Subject
#46 Old 22nd Apr 2010 at 4:55 PM Last edited by ao_kiddo : 22nd Apr 2010 at 6:06 PM.
Thank you so, so much for this! I will say that it was really challenging (haven't done many difficult tombs in WA)

I did the maze room last night and even though it seems as if I would be done, the locked door on the left of the room still says that it's locked-I have not been able to disarm the fire traps in the room though...am I missing something? Should I figure out a way to disarm them first? Much thanks!

Nevermind! I figured it out!
Test Subject
#47 Old 17th Jun 2010 at 10:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ao_kiddo
Thank you so, so much for this! I will say that it was really challenging (haven't done many difficult tombs in WA)

I did the maze room last night and even though it seems as if I would be done, the locked door on the left of the room still says that it's locked-I have not been able to disarm the fire traps in the room though...am I missing something? Should I figure out a way to disarm them first? Much thanks!

Nevermind! I figured it out!

I'm still stuck here.. I got through the maze, hit all the floor steps... got the chest on the right side... ive cleaned out the tomb completely yet the door in the maze room wont unlock.. :/
Ive been searching this room nonstop for 30min now, i'm about to give up >.<
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#48 Old 17th Jun 2010 at 7:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mekkiepoo
I'm still stuck here.. I got through the maze, hit all the floor steps... got the chest on the right side... ive cleaned out the tomb completely yet the door in the maze room wont unlock.. :/
Ive been searching this room nonstop for 30min now, i'm about to give up >.<

Lab Assistant
#49 Old 21st Jun 2010 at 8:18 AM
Wow this is awesome! I downloaded it, put it in my neighborhood, and had my sims explore it...
It was a LOT of fun! I LOVED the Teamwork aspect of it!
Damn why didn't Maxis think of that?
Hehe!
Moar Teamwork tombs I tell ya MOAR 8D
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#50 Old 25th Jun 2010 at 7:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tokio.vampire
i'm sorry i have to spoil the happiness but could you check if you have omni plants fed with the Siamese Catfish and the Tragic Clownfish ? i have a sim that harvested your garden a few times to get the fish, than fed a few omni plants on her home lot to get enough of them to stock a pond, but then i noticed those two missing. other that that it's a perfect tomb and a perfect garden.

Ah, I must have missed those. I'll see if I can update the lot when I have some time. Thanks for letting me know!
Page 2 of 3