Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Click on sim to change clothes. (Updated 03/19/07)

by Smonaff Posted 3rd Jul 2006 at 12:34 PM - Updated 29th Mar 2007 at 5:58 AM by Smonaff : Seasons Update

126 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 117 Feedback Posts, 8 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 6
Instructor
Original Poster
#51 Old 6th Jul 2006 at 4:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by RealHogsFan
i think i have a hack installled that is preventing this hack from working properly, i couldn't get them to change clothes. I have everything except family fun. I think i might know what is causing the problem, but does anyone else have the community lot change clothes hack installed as well, that might be experiencing the same problem? i'm going to remove the comm change clothes hack and see if it helps.

I don't have OFB so I don't know what method if any it uses to see if a clothes change is allowed. I looked at the "community lot change clothes hack" you referred to, but it just makes dressers usable on community lots. Since mine bypasses the dresser altogether that wouldn't be causing a conflict. It's possible though that OFB imposed other clothing change restrictions that may be causing the problem. Are you able to change clothes on residential lots?
Field Researcher
#52 Old 7th Jul 2006 at 2:20 AM
well, i pulled out all of my mods that might have conflicted with it and i still don't know what the problem is. but when i click on them and tell them to change, it goes into their queue for a sec, they look at me and it drops out and they don't change. i just don't know what is causing the problem.
Instructor
Original Poster
#53 Old 7th Jul 2006 at 5:08 AM
well, i pulled out all of my mods that might have conflicted with it and i still don't know what the problem is. but when i click on them and tell them to change, it goes into their queue for a sec, they look at me and it drops out and they don't change. i just don't know what is causing the problem.

I just have to assume that it's not compatible with OFB. I'm sorry for any inconvenience it has caused you.
Test Subject
#54 Old 8th Jul 2006 at 6:03 AM

I have all the expansion packs except the holiday pack, and I have found that this hack works correctly. With one exception, when my Sims are in their work clothes they will not change into everyday, and I get the same problem as described. I usually change them into something else, then I change them into everyday. So I was wondering are your Sims also in their work clothes.
Test Subject
#55 Old 10th Jul 2006 at 8:10 PM Last edited by Srta Russ : 10th Jul 2006 at 8:13 PM. Reason: bad spelling
Thank you!
Thank you!
Thank you!
Thank you!
Lab Assistant
#56 Old 11th Jul 2006 at 11:16 PM
Have used this for a week now, and no problems (I have EP2) Love it!! So much better than going to a dresser all the time! Love it!

"Play it Sam..."

Also known as ~Drew elsewhere

~Drew's Sim Stories (Sims 2)
Field Researcher
#57 Old 12th Jul 2006 at 6:58 AM
I absolutely love it! Carry on your amazing creations, please?!
Test Subject
#58 Old 14th Jul 2006 at 3:03 AM
Default tried it, but had to take it out
I tried this, because I really wanted to be able to do this, however now when I click on the dressers, i can't plan the outfit anymore. it just says change....
Instructor
Original Poster
#59 Old 14th Jul 2006 at 7:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by megansleia
I tried this, because I really wanted to be able to do this, however now when I click on the dressers, i can't plan the outfit anymore. it just says change....

Everything in this mod is private to this mod therefore it shouldn't overide anything else in the game. Also in my game the dressers still have the Plan Outfit option available. I wish I new what is causing it not to work in your game. Did your dressers return to normal after you removed it?
Field Researcher
#60 Old 14th Jul 2006 at 5:39 PM
ok, they were wearing work clothes, i think, but as i recall, i may be wrong, i've slept and smoked a few since then, but anyhow, i think i tried to change a couple out of work clothes and into formals for a date or was it a party, anyhow, i don't have it installed right now, but i can put it back in and see if trying to change them into say their undies first and then into everyday will help. the only ep or extras i do not have is family fun (and i really don't think i'll be getting it either, lol), i have all others though.

p.s. as far as trying to change on a community lot, i am not sure i even tried that, so i'll try that too and see what it does there.

p.s.s. i think that i was also trying to change teens and/or children out of school uniforms into everyday clothing as well. but i'm going to get it reinstalled and see what happens.
Test Subject
#61 Old 14th Jul 2006 at 11:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Smonaff
Everything in this mod is private to this mod therefore it shouldn't overide anything else in the game. Also in my game the dressers still have the Plan Outfit option available. I wish I new what is causing it not to work in your game. Did your dressers return to normal after you removed it?

Yes it did go back, I actually didn't remove it, i disabled it, and it went back.
Field Researcher
#62 Old 15th Jul 2006 at 4:39 AM
ok, i put it back in and went in to play and it did work as long as i changed into something else before i changed into formal from work. I was able to change clothes on a community lot as well. so the only issue is that you must change into something besides everyday clothing from work clothing then change into everyday clothing.
Test Subject
#63 Old 15th Jul 2006 at 6:30 AM
Thank you for the download but, one question: I have OFB, and NL, but I need to know if you've confirmed that it is/isn't compatible with OFB. I have already put it in my downloads folder, but I will easily remove it if you are unsure.

~B

Let me come and get you right boy! Let me fill your appetite! Won't you let me know what it is you like and I'll do those sexy things for you!
~Current Projects~
Creating a Music Video for "Let Me" by Rihanna
I'm currently taking Sim requests!
Instructor
Original Poster
#64 Old 15th Jul 2006 at 6:40 AM
ok, i put it back in and went in to play and it did work as long as i changed into something else before i changed into formal from work. I was able to change clothes on a community lot as well. so the only issue is that you must change into something besides everyday clothing from work clothing then change into everyday clothing.

In the general change clothes interaction work clothes and everyday have the same value, so when you have work clothes on it thinks you have everyday so it doesn't do anything, the same as if you were wearing pajamas and selected change into pajamas. The dressers however use a different, more complicated approach for testing to see if you're wearing work clothes or everyday, and I haven't been able to fully understand the code yet, but maybe in time I will.
Instructor
Original Poster
#65 Old 15th Jul 2006 at 6:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Be-u-t-ful
Thank you for the download but, one question: I have OFB, and NL, but I need to know if you've confirmed that it is/isn't compatible with OFB. I have already put it in my downloads folder, but I will easily remove it if you are unsure.

~B

Go ahead and test it out if it doesn't work then you can always remove it. I need people who have OFB to test it out since I haven't got OFB. Post back and let me know if it worked or not.
Test Subject
#66 Old 16th Jul 2006 at 3:31 PM
Good news! It is compatible with OFB. I tried it this morning and it worked. Thank you for the new interaction.

~B

Let me come and get you right boy! Let me fill your appetite! Won't you let me know what it is you like and I'll do those sexy things for you!
~Current Projects~
Creating a Music Video for "Let Me" by Rihanna
I'm currently taking Sim requests!
Field Researcher
#67 Old 16th Jul 2006 at 7:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Smonaff
In the general change clothes interaction work clothes and everyday have the same value, so when you have work clothes on it thinks you have everyday so it doesn't do anything, the same as if you were wearing pajamas and selected change into pajamas. The dressers however use a different, more complicated approach for testing to see if you're wearing work clothes or everyday, and I haven't been able to fully understand the code yet, but maybe in time I will.

ok well, i've been using it more and more, but i still haven't had a child or teen use the option. i think i got an elder to use it and i have been using it with adults and young adults, so that i can say that it will work with all versions of the game. i cannot, however, tell you how well it works with family fun, i don't have it. i would say post a warning in yer main post about needing to change into something other than everyday clothing when wearing work clothing. then to change into everyday clothing. and mention that it appears to be compatible with all versions cause i can use it, lol.
Field Researcher
#68 Old 27th Jul 2006 at 11:35 PM
Quote:
Tired of having to always go to the dresser to change clothes?

Yes! Especially when they can change into their swimwear or work clothes on the spot, but for everything else they need to go to the dresser :mad:

Thanks for this
Lab Assistant
#69 Old 29th Jul 2006 at 3:20 PM
omg, this is so cool. thank you! it will be so useful =]
Test Subject
#70 Old 29th Jul 2006 at 9:42 PM
Help the error
I have this hack and it works but i also have recieved the error ,and I can no longer use a dresser to plan oufits. My sims have to wear the same outfit they are unable to switch to other outfits. How can i remove this hack
Instructor
Original Poster
#71 Old 30th Jul 2006 at 4:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by obadele
I have this hack and it works but i also have recieved the error ,and I can no longer use a dresser to plan oufits. My sims have to wear the same outfit they are unable to switch to other outfits. How can i remove this hack

To remove just delete the Smonaff_ChangeClothesPieMenu.package file from the downloads folder. This hack is not a global mod, but a social plugin and should not effect dressers an any way. If you still continue to have the problem after removing, look for other hacks that may be causing a conflict. If you post an error log I'll have a look at it and see if I can figure out what is causing the problem.
Test Subject
#72 Old 2nd Aug 2006 at 10:07 PM
Does this work with just TS2?
Lab Assistant
#73 Old 5th Aug 2006 at 2:46 AM
Thank you Smonaff! I hate how my sims would change back to everyday after a shower. :D

P.S. Boolprop is evil...

~Kitty
MTS2 Hot Pepper
#74 Old 8th Aug 2006 at 4:53 PM
If that is unlocked cheat menu - I dont like it - it changes clothes not in that way I want it to be

Currently playing Sims 4 full collection. (and fixing my mods folder)
Test Subject
#75 Old 15th Aug 2006 at 6:05 AM
Hello. I have just purchased the sims2 university expansion and downloaded this hack over the past weekend. Maybe its not compatible with the other hacks that I have but this totally locked out my sims from "planning" their outfit. I'm wondering if anyone has experienced this problem? The error that i got was gosub tree number etc. Thanks
Page 3 of 6