Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

The Case Study House Program, 35 modernist homes.

by AngelFrouk Posted 14th Aug 2008 at 9:07 PM - Updated 24th Aug 2008 at 10:22 AM by angel f

63 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 61 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 3
Forum Resident
#26 Old 24th Aug 2008 at 7:14 PM
Oh my word,what a huge undertaking and the result is
nothing short of spectacular.
I can't wait to see these in my game!

Congrats on the feature! Well deserved!

"I have learned silence from the talkative, tolerance from the intolerant and kindness from the unkind, yet, I'm ungrateful to those teachers. "- Kahlil Gibran
Test Subject
#27 Old 25th Aug 2008 at 1:22 AM
Thanks, this is great and don't stop uploading.
Theorist
#28 Old 25th Aug 2008 at 6:34 AM
Wow. Just Wow.
Lab Assistant
#29 Old 25th Aug 2008 at 7:03 PM
These are awesome and amazing! I'm filling my downtown with them, and will populate them with Sims that will be completely happy! I can't imagine how much time and effort it took to make these, but thank you so much for taking it!!! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

Sims 3
Lab Assistant
#30 Old 26th Aug 2008 at 10:22 AM
You know, don't you, that you totally rule?
Lab Assistant
#31 Old 26th Aug 2008 at 9:51 PM
Beautiful work!! My sims will enjoy your creations!!
Field Researcher
#32 Old 27th Aug 2008 at 9:54 AM
What admirable research work and construction, it represents weeks of work, I all downloaded for my archives.Merci and congratulations.
PS: in France from 1946 until 1952, there was also a programme of low-cost houses, mostly in prefabricated from the USA.
Test Subject
#33 Old 27th Aug 2008 at 11:48 PM
I love mid century design...especially the Case Study homes!!!
Thank You sooo much for making these available!
Test Subject
#34 Old 28th Aug 2008 at 1:26 AM
Angel... Sorry to hear that you will not be uploading anymore...I just had time to come here to the forum tonight and found your lovely homes. Such a lot of work went into these I am so amazed. I had to have every single one of them. Hopefully you will be posting pics of any new homes you build here? I hope so, because I want to have more.

Thanks for all your hard work and your willingness to share with us.

Stillie
Moderator of pixels for pixels
retired moderator
#35 Old 28th Aug 2008 at 7:04 PM
How did I miss this?? Wonderfully awesome! :D

Need to know which object came with which EP or SP? Check the CEP Object database
Test Subject
#36 Old 29th Aug 2008 at 7:07 PM
Wow. I can't download these, but holy crap they are amazing. Very nice work.
Test Subject
#37 Old 30th Aug 2008 at 5:28 AM
wow this is amazing! i love them all!
Lab Assistant
#38 Old 1st Sep 2008 at 6:35 PM
Wow! Simply superb. You obviously took a lot of time and care to create this. You even researched! Thank you so much.

He wasn't always an EVIL monkey.
Wiki Wizard
#39 Old 7th Sep 2008 at 3:37 PM
Famtastic work, well done, a shame it needs all those stuff packs

It's ok, we all laugh-snort occasionally!
Check out some of my other stuff here.
Lab Assistant
#40 Old 8th Sep 2008 at 7:48 AM
Wow! Can't say anything else Thank you so much for your hard work, sorry to see you're not uploading again, but I am sure you have good reasons

stuff packs aren't needed when installed by the cleaninstaller :D!
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
#41 Old 14th Sep 2008 at 9:12 PM Last edited by porkypine : 15th Sep 2008 at 11:01 PM. Reason: ran out of fingers... can't count..lol
WoW! What a wonderful set! I will have lots of fun creating a neighborhood and studying these houses. I love architectural design.... Thank you! (Oh Goodie! I can play! )

I will have to come back to download everything when I have some time.
Marked as a favorite! :D

edited 9-15-08 - WOW! I'm on a download binge just with this set! THANKS! :lovestruc

Please don't be disenheartened by lack of downloaders. I think people just don't know they have to scroll down to get all the houses. Perhaps make a note of that in the first post box. "There are 19 posts containing 35 lots" SCROLL DOWN to get them all"
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
#42 Old 15th Sep 2008 at 10:54 PM
It's interesting how the minimalist modern design was so in vogue from the 1930's through the early 1960's as a direct response against the excesses of Victorian design. You started to see some early elements of it even back in the early 19-teens... Very many societal changes occured during those years and it's interesting to see how the architects envisioned living in the 'modern era.'

Again, thanks for making these! :D
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
#43 Old 15th Sep 2008 at 11:32 PM
CHS8 is really bizarre. that offset building with no plumbing across that patio is interesting if you want to keep your inlaws away from your side of the house; or let the kids off on that side to play or have their 'garage band' practice in there. . However, lacking plumbing facilities, they'll be over to the plumbing side frequently. lol Yes. This will be fun to review these ingame.
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
#44 Old 16th Sep 2008 at 12:08 AM
Well.. I've been looking at your images while on break at work and I must say this is quite an accomplishment! WOW.. TONS of work. And you have been good to make the simized houses to plan without altering them.. While looking through these house there are so many minor changes that I'd make to make them more liveable that my house would be different from the original studies.

Interesting study in design, traffic flow, lack of privacy/sanitation in several instances... however, some the architect's plans would be very annoying to live in. Bathroom on one side of the house, run across to the other side. When there could be an internal door between a bathroom and bath, the architect makes you go out into a common area and around a corner to get into it. Walk THROUGH the kitchen to get to a dining area... Design flaws like that are just annoying to me.

Thanks for making these true to plan. It's really fun to look through them. Of course, I will tweak a few doors when my sims move in and start to yell.
Inventor
#45 Old 17th Sep 2008 at 9:41 PM
I took 8, 9 and 13 for my neighbourhood. And I'll probably be back.
Great upload, thanks so much!
Test Subject
#46 Old 5th Oct 2008 at 6:42 AM
Wow! That's So Great! I love it so Much!Thank You!
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
#47 Old 12th Oct 2008 at 6:55 AM
I've finally installed Apartments along with the patch and created my Case Study neighborhood and have looked into about half of the houses so far. WONDERFUL! Absolutely fabulous! :lovestruc

I want more! Do you have any other interesting plans that you are working on? My neighborhood still has lots of room! (How cheeky! That was a hint, in case you didn't realize it. )
Stupid people are stupid
Original Poster
#48 Old 12th Oct 2008 at 2:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by porkypine
I've finally installed Apartments along with the patch and created my Case Study neighborhood and have looked into about half of the houses so far. WONDERFUL! Absolutely fabulous! :lovestruc

I want more! Do you have any other interesting plans that you are working on? My neighborhood still has lots of room! (How cheeky! That was a hint, in case you didn't realize it. )

Hehehe, i got the hint.
And to answer your question; no, i haven't got any plans. In fact, i stopped uploading.
Test Subject
#49 Old 26th Oct 2008 at 5:30 PM
Hello, I love the case study houses! THank you so much for taking on this project. The sad thing is, I don't have all the expansion packs & I read that if I used the clean pack I could still install them. Even after using the clean pack installer my game crashes every time I try to enter one of the case houses. Does anybody have any suggestions?? HELP, PLEASE!!

Thanks!
Lab Assistant
#50 Old 17th Nov 2008 at 1:32 PM
OMFG!!! O_O .. I mean, HOLY COW! AMAZING!!!
Page 2 of 3