Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Storage *Compatible with 1.67*

by treeag Posted 14th Jun 2010 at 12:38 AM - Updated 18th Mar 2014 at 6:46 AM by treeag

194 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 134 Feedback Posts, 59 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 4 of 8
Test Subject
#76 Old 1st Sep 2010 at 7:36 PM
Problems with game saving at installation of it a mod/
If to play it is more than hour of game time and save, there is an error 12
Theorist
Original Poster
#77 Old 2nd Sep 2010 at 2:54 AM
I don't think it's a problem with this mod. Error 12 is fairly common. The earlier version of this box had a saving problem but it wasn't error 12.
Lab Assistant
#78 Old 2nd Sep 2010 at 5:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by uscolonialmarine
I'm having a slight problem with this download. When I open it with WinRAR to get the files it gives me an error. It says: C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\Temporary Internet File\Content.IE5\460ESJ6W\MTS_treeag_1103847_Storage[1].zip The archive is either in unknown format or damaged
I researched a little and I updated WinRAR but nothing fixed my problem. Any help?

Re-download. That [1] Is a clue that your file is only a PARTIAL download. It shows up as damaged because it's only part of the file.

Success is getting up one more time than you fall down.
Field Researcher
#79 Old 3rd Sep 2010 at 9:46 AM
This is really great, and it's much more realistic to be able to buy regular boxes anywhere, but needing to travel for antique or exotic treasure chests.

Finally, storage for my modern houses!

(()) Pass the ribbon around if you know someone that
//\\ has survived, died, or is living with cancer..

Grandpa Joost 1996 †
Test Subject
#80 Old 8th Sep 2010 at 9:36 PM
Oh thank you very much for this; it's brilliant!
Test Subject
#81 Old 14th Sep 2010 at 10:25 AM
After long tortures I have found in what a problem because of what there was an error 12.
I am sorry that have thought on this mod.
After has removed given mod there was no error any time. Later it again arose error. Any thing which I stored from travel, it seemed bad.

Thanks for this mod.

It would be desirable to store still as fish.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#82 Old 25th Sep 2010 at 12:05 AM
can't you stack the storage boxes? Would've been great if it were
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#83 Old 30th Sep 2010 at 1:42 PM
Thanks for the storage box.
I used to have my Sim buy the chests from World Adventure to store all the stuff, but they did'nt really fit with the modern furniture.
Also, could you please make a version of it for Ambitions so we can store (widgets, toys and big inventions apart from the time machine) and harvestables ? I use the box to store all the things that my Sim is going to sell at the consignment store. And they have plenty of harvestables that I have to drag and drop one by one.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#84 Old 21st Oct 2010 at 5:26 PM
Thanks for mod, Also can this store virtually any buyable item within it and can it store lifetime reward items?
Theorist
Original Poster
#85 Old 29th Oct 2010 at 5:52 PM
Updated for 1.17/2.12/3.8/4.5/5.2/6.0 and Late Night.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#86 Old 30th Oct 2010 at 6:13 AM
WOOOHOOO!! Thank you so much!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#87 Old 31st Oct 2010 at 10:45 PM
Thanks for updating this and the treasure box as I use them both, I recoloured the boxes when my sims became ghost hunters and put jealous/wrathful/evil spirits in a red box and nice/friendly/kind in blue boxes. Frightened and lost sims go in a grey box ;o)
I also use the box to store gems/metals and rocks :o) x Thanks again hon x U made my sims life easier now
Lab Assistant
#88 Old 16th Nov 2010 at 8:12 PM
Now that the storage box is portable, would it be possible to add 'Store all...' options for Nectar, Bugs, Butterflies, Fish, Harvestables, and Scrap? I love taking a storage box along with me on vacation to plop all my collectables/food/etc. into while keeping my sim's inventory mostly cleaned up so that I can easily see just what they've gotten from the chests/dig site.
Test Subject
#89 Old 28th Nov 2010 at 11:26 PM
Hello, i am trying to make it work, but the box dont want...i can buy the box but if i click on the box nothing shows up-.-

look this:

"
How to make an object functional.

1. Open your object package file using s3pe.
2. Select the OBJK and click "Edit OBJK"
3. Change the script string to "Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.Treeag.MiscStorage" (without quotes)
4. Save, and when asked to commit changes click Yes.
5. Save the package and you're done.
"

i cant find the string or what u write. i understand nothing, its a little bit hard to understand for noobs like me...

so please just help me :'(
Theorist
Original Poster
#90 Old 29th Nov 2010 at 1:39 AM
That's only for creators, don't mess with it if you're not creating anything.
Test Subject
#91 Old 29th Nov 2010 at 1:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by treeag
That's only for creators, don't mess with it if you're not creating anything.

hmm, but i really want this very usefull mod
is there no Chance?
Theorist
Original Poster
#92 Old 29th Nov 2010 at 3:59 PM
Please re-read the readme. If you're not a creator then no need to mess with the OBJK. Just put the packages in your packages folder like usual.
Test Subject
#93 Old 29th Nov 2010 at 6:36 PM
OMG !

SORRY THAT I AM NOT A CREATOR IM VERY SORRY FOR THAT IM JUST A "NORMAL"

Its so hard to explain or u dont want to help me ?

As i said i have put the packages in my fold, but if i click on the Storage nthing show up, so i cant open .... all other packages work... but only this not. hmmm i think its only for "CREATOR" not for "NORMALS" like me.
Theorist
Original Poster
#94 Old 3rd Dec 2010 at 12:29 PM
It's a framework failure. Do me a favor and read the wiki for instructions http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php..._Way_to_New_Way and if you have further questions, please post in the help forum Thanks
Test Subject
#95 Old 17th Jan 2011 at 10:50 PM
is it possible to make furniture also fit in this box. I have a young adult moving out and want him to take his bed and cabinet with him... i cannot use the family inventory for this because i don't want him taking all the money too haha
Forum Resident
#96 Old 6th Feb 2011 at 1:17 AM
I assume this also works with latest patch / OLS? Because your other creations (RGMachine & SimTransformer) also work, right? Thank you.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#97 Old 6th Feb 2011 at 3:25 PM
cool, thanks
Test Subject
#98 Old 28th Apr 2011 at 9:05 PM
Hi. Let me start off by saying how awesome this mod is. It was exactly what I was looking for!

I do have a few questions, however: is it possible to have a few different variations of the box? If possible, could we have alternative containers, kind of like the WA ones? I can try to put it together myself, if someone could point me in the right direction.

Ideally, I would want to have several variations of the container similar to the chest-likes at aroundthesims3, but with this, much more awesome functionality. I think that a few of those also double as surfaces, which is an added bonus, I suppose.

Thanks in advance.
Theorist
Original Poster
#99 Old 29th Apr 2011 at 3:51 AM
If you read the readme file I included in the zip, you'll be able to do that yourself. You have to be familiar with S3PE though.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#100 Old 29th Apr 2011 at 3:42 PM
Alright, I'll try digging in again, thanks.
Page 4 of 8