Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Wheelchair Poses

by spladoum Posted 27th Jun 2012 at 6:44 PM - Updated 26th Jul 2012 at 5:14 PM by spladoum : replaced non-working files.

91 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 31 Feedback Posts, 59 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 4
Test Subject
#51 Old 20th Sep 2012 at 9:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Jake Lucas
I am disabled, I have Cerebral Palsy, I am kinda gutted that EA has to make "Eutopia" kinda world where the only difference to a sim is supernatural, disabled people aren't supernatural although flying disabled would b cool. They have catered for blacks, indian and asian sims, babies to old, fat and thin but not disabled or tall/small. Don't we have the right to be simmed?? lol

Absolutly! I've really been hoping for one and was crossing my fingers that they might include it in generations for elders and have it available for all ages but no luck so far!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#52 Old 20th Sep 2012 at 4:13 PM
Amazing, thank you so much ='D
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#53 Old 23rd Sep 2012 at 12:50 PM
I always laugh when i see the description

"Look ma , no feet"
is going to be a cat when she grows up.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#54 Old 23rd Sep 2012 at 1:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Shadow_Cimmerian
I always laugh when i see the description

"Look ma , no feet"

Blame that six-year-old kid inside of me.
Test Subject
#55 Old 28th Sep 2012 at 3:14 AM Last edited by xdeadmanzbabiix : 28th Sep 2012 at 3:25 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by justdoingtheunstuck
Absolutly! I've really been hoping for one and was crossing my fingers that they might include it in generations for elders and have it available for all ages but no luck so far!

They're more focused on everyone making the sim they wish they could be, rather than having a realistic take on the game

Also, OP, I can't find the Wheelchair or the pillow or seat in game. When I download the package files it says the date on it is 6/28 and when I download the sims3pack it says the date on the wheelchair is 5/5 and the other two are 6/28. But your first post says that if you downloaded before 6/29 to redownload. I didn't originally download them until 7/?. So I don't understand why they arn't showing up in game. The poses show up in the pose list but the props don't

†<¤ℑ£§§¥¤>†
retired moderator
Original Poster
#56 Old 28th Sep 2012 at 1:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by xdeadmanzbabiix
Also, OP, I can't find the Wheelchair or the pillow or seat in game. When I download the package files it says the date on it is 6/28 and when I download the sims3pack it says the date on the wheelchair is 5/5 and the other two are 6/28. But your first post says that if you downloaded before 6/29 to redownload. I didn't originally download them until 7/?. So I don't understand why they arn't showing up in game. The poses show up in the pose list but the props don't

I just tested both file types in a clean game, they're working and in the categories that they should be in. The items were created on patch 1.34, I believe, so if your game isn't patched to that level, that's the only reason I can think of that the wheelchair/pillows wouldn't show up.

Test Subject
#57 Old 29th Sep 2012 at 2:00 AM Last edited by xdeadmanzbabiix : 29th Sep 2012 at 4:00 AM.
Ohh, The chair and plant catagories. I've been looking under misc decor. I'll check it and see if it's in there :P

edit:
It's there I'm sorry. I'm such a dumbo sometimes
Thanks for these. They're awesome! I'mma use'em in my new comp

†<¤ℑ£§§¥¤>†
Test Subject
#58 Old 4th Oct 2012 at 3:25 AM Last edited by OmegaX231 : 4th Oct 2012 at 6:25 AM.
Glad this exists, but while the poses still seem to work, once my sim is in the pose and moveobjects'd into the chair, if I leave the pose action active, she doesn't move, and if I cancel the pose action, she just walks away from the chair... Is this a patch issue, or am I doing something wrong, or what?

EDIT:I'm probably just being an idiot, as these are 'poses' and not 'animations'/whatever you'd need to actually play a sim in a wheelchair... Hopefully either I'm wrong and they are supposed to 'stick' and I'm just doing it wrong, or someone can make/has made a mod that does what I'm talking about.
Field Researcher
#59 Old 20th Oct 2012 at 1:01 AM Last edited by Celoptra : 20th Oct 2012 at 1:45 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by plyHarryPotter1
That is exactly what I was thinking for years. I also have Cerebral Palsy and could not understand why EA hasn't made anything for disabled sims. I mean how hard would it be for them to make an expansion pack based on our community. It could be called "The Sims 3: Sims With Disabilities

Actually on the Officials right now there is one rescurrated thread asking about wheelchairs but also a new one asking for disabled sims.

new one:
http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/599463.page

rescurrated thread
http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/po...255/520303.page

I can explain simply several reasons that people have stated about why there is no disabled sims in Sims:

1)Have to re-do the animation (like cooking, showering) and make all buildings chair-friendly.
2)Disabled people could sue for the stereotypes of disabled people
3)Mean people would torture (like for instance put a wheelchair sim on fire) and kill sims
4)how could you advertise a Disabled EP?
5)Then people would be clambering for cancer or serious illnesses.
6) disabled isn't *fun*.
7) Those disabled people who "Play the game to escape from reality"
Those are the questions that been asked on disabltiy threads on the forum (I been in most of them)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#60 Old 12th Nov 2012 at 3:54 PM
Awesome!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#61 Old 29th Nov 2012 at 10:13 PM
these are great! you should make one with a woman being wheeled out of the hospital while holding her new baby!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#62 Old 1st Dec 2012 at 1:41 PM
Pretty darn cool!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#63 Old 4th Dec 2012 at 9:42 PM
Thank you so much for this, as a person in a wheelchair it's nice to see things like this included!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#64 Old 20th Dec 2012 at 2:57 PM
Thank you! Great poses! You're one of the best pose creators in the community, and there aren't that many at the top IMO. :-)
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#65 Old 10th Mar 2013 at 9:00 PM
I'm about to ask a really REALLY dumb question probably so forgive me in advance: which of these do I download? there are 3 files to download.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#66 Old 11th Mar 2013 at 12:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Mayamelissa
I'm about to ask a really REALLY dumb question probably so forgive me in advance: which of these do I download? there are 3 files to download.

The first file is the pose set itself.

The next two files are the wheelchair and pillows in .s3pack and .package format, respectively.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#67 Old 18th Mar 2013 at 6:23 PM
I adore all of your poses and I just thought I would take the time to tell you this on here. (:
Test Subject
#68 Old 19th Mar 2013 at 6:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by spladoum
If what you're asking for is children's poses, that would require an entirely different wheelchair, scaled down so kids could reach the wheels, and footrests raised so that their legs didn't go numb. Unfortunately, object-making is completely beyond me, so someone else will have to make a child's wheelchair!

If you're asking about teenagers, the blond girl in the upper-left of the photo collage is a teen. There are clipping issues because teens are shorter than adults, but nothing an OMSP couldn't solve.

I'm actually looking for a children's wheelchair and those umm, what are they called idk the polio walking sticks(I'm trying to make South Park and two of the characters are disabled) so it would be great if someone would make a childrens wheelchair and maybe those walking sticks?
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#69 Old 5th Jun 2013 at 6:56 PM
If anyone of you are interested. I have some interesting replies from a Sims Gru about disablties in the sims game. So if you want to know the replies please PM me.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#70 Old 27th Oct 2013 at 9:15 PM
Thanks for these :)
Field Researcher
#71 Old 5th Nov 2013 at 9:19 PM
I just thought over here might be interested in some information I got recently from a Sims gru about disablties (and I will make sure to copy it into that one wheelchair pose download so they are aware too.

"That's an interesting question. Disabilities in The Sims could be fun and/or meaningful if we handled them carefully. Those ideas have come up. The hardest part about disabilities is that most of them would require tons of new animation and scripting -- maybe 10x what some other feature would cost. For example, if we wanted to have a wheelchair-bound Sim, we would have to make new animations for all of the touching social interactions (kiss, hug, greet, slap, fight, etc), new bathe animations, new bed get-ins, new ways to interact where other Sims would use chairs, and so on. I'm not saying it's impossible, but it would probably require an expansion that has disabilities or health as a major component so that we'd be able to justify spending all the extra time there. Perhaps minor disabilities would be more feasible to implement. As a player, I'd personally love to see that kind of thing in The Sims!"

about a poll:
That's the sort of thing that we might do if we were heavily considering it for a pack in the very near future. If it's just a more general poll, then we'd be worried it might disappoint players if it took years before we eventually did it. However, I had a conversation with some other SimGurus at lunch about this, and the general opinion was that including disabilities could be good if (1) it didn't use all our animation budget and (2) it was something players could opt into. There was one SimGuru who disagreed though, who thought it was too serious an issue. It was certainly an interesting conversation.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#72 Old 11th Nov 2013 at 8:36 PM
This pose set will be absolutely perfect for my legacy challenge story! Thank you so much!
Test Subject
#73 Old 16th Dec 2013 at 2:44 PM
Default Quick, stupid, yet serious question:
I used to do this kind of thing on Second Life, and am new to modding sims. In SL our wheelchairs were like accessories, they attatched to the body and had an animation override--is there any way to do that with SIMS? I've been experimenting with Milkshape and Workshop, and while I can do the mesh, Workshop won't accept it as ANYTHING! It's incredibly frustrating since you can download Wolverine claws and Storm's hair, and all the other stuff you need to make every X-man EXCEPT the Professor.....
retired moderator
Original Poster
#74 Old 16th Dec 2013 at 11:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nightprince75
I used to do this kind of thing on Second Life, and am new to modding sims. In SL our wheelchairs were like accessories, they attatched to the body and had an animation override--is there any way to do that with SIMS? I've been experimenting with Milkshape and Workshop, and while I can do the mesh, Workshop won't accept it as ANYTHING! It's incredibly frustrating since you can download Wolverine claws and Storm's hair, and all the other stuff you need to make every X-man EXCEPT the Professor.....

If I'm understanding you correctly, you're trying to get a rolling wheelchair, which is a completely different animal than this chair. Doing what you're describing is possible, but would take making custom animations for the chair itself and probably a custom script to get sims to actively move around in it in-game. That's definitely beyond the scope of this pose set, but you might be able to get some help in the objects creation forum if that's something you really want to do.
Test Subject
#75 Old 17th Dec 2013 at 1:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by spladoum
If I'm understanding you correctly, you're trying to get a rolling wheelchair, which is a completely different animal than this chair. Doing what you're describing is possible, but would take making custom animations for the chair itself and probably a custom script to get sims to actively move around in it in-game. That's definitely beyond the scope of this pose set, but you might be able to get some help in the objects creation forum if that's something you really want to do.

Thanks! I'll check that out!
Page 3 of 4