Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

TS4 MorphMaker - updated to V4.5.2 on 4/19/2023

by CmarNYC Posted 4th Jun 2018 at 6:41 PM - Updated 19th Apr 2023 at 4:23 PM by CmarNYC : Update

643 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 574 Feedback Posts, 68 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 16 of 26
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#376 Old 4th Mar 2021 at 6:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Kenny McCormick
Hey, I still can't create a preset or a slider
When I click "clone preset" or "clone slider", an error appears that does not allow me to do anything

Cloning works fine for me. Please describe exactly what you did to get this error. Is your game patched?

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Test Subject
#377 Old 5th Mar 2021 at 8:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CmarNYC
Cloning works fine for me. Please describe exactly what you did to get this error. Is your game patched?

Yes, I have the latest update for today. I just run the program and do everything as before, press "clone" the preset or "clone the slider", and then an error appears. Everything worked fine on version 1.69 of the game, but now, even if I do the same actions as before, there is an error
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#378 Old 5th Mar 2021 at 8:20 PM
Yes, I have the latest update for today. I just run the program and do everything as before, press "clone" the preset or "clone the slider", and then an error appears. Everything worked fine on version 1.69 of the game, but now, even if I do the same actions as before, there is an error

I'm on 1.71 and cloning works for me. The only thing I can think of is that you have a corrupted game package. I can see about an update to skip unreadable packages and resources instead of throwing an error.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Test Subject
#379 Old 6th Mar 2021 at 4:10 PM
I'm on 1.71 and cloning works for me. The only thing I can think of is that you have a corrupted game package. I can see about an update to skip unreadable packages and resources instead of throwing an error.

I did a restore of the game through the origin, but nothing has changed .. Maybe you know what else you can do?
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#380 Old 6th Mar 2021 at 7:38 PM
I did a restore of the game through the origin, but nothing has changed .. Maybe you know what else you can do?

Not really, except to work on skipping bad resources. You can try checking the resources directly using:

s4pe to open C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 4\Data\Client\ClientDeltaBuild0.package
or
Sims 4 Studio (Tools / Game File Cruiser)

and look at the Sim Hotspot Control/HOTC and the CAS Preset/CPRE to see if they show up correctly and what version they are. The Hotspot Control should be 0x0000000E and the Preset should be 0x0000000C.

Test Subject
#381 Old 6th Mar 2021 at 11:26 PM
Using Morph Maker to add missing Occult tags to a huge package of CAS presets seemed a convenient solution, but Morph Maker kept giving me error messages about invalid values. It took me a while until I figured out Morph Maker only accepts '.' in decimals. Using a ',' in decimals like it's common where I'm from isn't recognized properly and causes error messages. I've read your statement about requests. So I'm not sure if asking to add support for ',' in decimals still counts as a suggested improvement.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#382 Old 7th Mar 2021 at 12:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by TiallusSims
Using Morph Maker to add missing Occult tags to a huge package of CAS presets seemed a convenient solution, but Morph Maker kept giving me error messages about invalid values. It took me a while until I figured out Morph Maker only accepts '.' in decimals. Using a ',' in decimals like it's common where I'm from isn't recognized properly and causes error messages. I've read your statement about requests. So I'm not sure if asking to add support for ',' in decimals still counts as a suggested improvement.

That's certainly a valid request! Looks like I'll be doing a new version soon anyway, so I'll check the data input for region compatibility.

Test Subject
#383 Old 7th Mar 2021 at 12:17 AM
That's certainly a valid request! Looks like I'll be doing a new version soon anyway, so I'll check the data input for region compatibility.

Thank you very much!
Test Subject
#384 Old 7th Mar 2021 at 1:25 PM
Not really, except to work on skipping bad resources. You can try checking the resources directly using:

s4pe to open C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 4\Data\Client\ClientDeltaBuild0.package
or
Sims 4 Studio (Tools / Game File Cruiser)

and look at the Sim Hotspot Control/HOTC and the CAS Preset/CPRE to see if they show up correctly and what version they are. The Hotspot Control should be 0x0000000E and the Preset should be 0x0000000C.

So, I checked it through the studio, and the values "0x0000000E" seem to be ok, but with "0x0000000C" it is not very clear, they are in some quantity, but not all
Screenshots
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#385 Old 7th Mar 2021 at 2:17 PM
So, I checked it through the studio, and the values "0x0000000E" seem to be ok, but with "0x0000000C" it is not very clear, they are in some quantity, but not all

For some reason your screen shots won't show up when I click them, and I can't read the text in the thumbnails. If there are versions lower than 0000000C that should be okay, but I'd still like to see them.

What system are you running on? I assume you're running this tool on the same system you run the game on, so it's Windows (what version?) and 64-bit. Probably doesn't matter, but at this point I'm grasping at straws.

Test Subject
#386 Old 7th Mar 2021 at 2:58 PM
For some reason your screen shots won't show up when I click them, and I can't read the text in the thumbnails. If there are versions lower than 0000000C that should be okay, but I'd still like to see them.

What system are you running on? I assume you're running this tool on the same system you run the game on, so it's Windows (what version?) and 64-bit. Probably doesn't matter, but at this point I'm grasping at straws.

Yes, I have a 64-bit version of Windows, I ran the game and created presets on it, without experimenting with reinstalling the game or with other things. It's just that at some point the program started giving an error after the next dlc or update. I will attach links to images, I hope this gives something for you .. I tested the problem on two laptops, this is still relevant

https://i5.imageban.ru/out/2021/03/...4ec124b6aa2.png
https://i6.imageban.ru/out/2021/03/...5363fa5de80.png
https://i6.imageban.ru/out/2021/03/...4d381b61037.png
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#387 Old 7th Mar 2021 at 5:14 PM
Yes, I have a 64-bit version of Windows, I ran the game and created presets on it, without experimenting with reinstalling the game or with other things. It's just that at some point the program started giving an error after the next dlc or update. I will attach links to images, I hope this gives something for you .. I tested the problem on two laptops, this is still relevant

https://i5.imageban.ru/out/2021/03/...4ec124b6aa2.png
https://i6.imageban.ru/out/2021/03/...5363fa5de80.png
https://i6.imageban.ru/out/2021/03/...4d381b61037.png

Naturally, the original images show up for me now. Maybe it was a glitch on the site or my iPad went temporarily insane.

There are no version 1 presets in my game packages so something is different about your system. I made a test version with the reading of resources modified to give you a message when it can't read something. That may be too annoying for the tool to be usable but it should at least give us a better idea of the problem and I can then change it to skip those resources silently.

Attached. Please give it a try and let me know!

@TiallusSims

I found only one place where reading a float (decimal) number didn't specify to use the culture info of your own system, but even that should have defaulted to your local culture. I changed it, but everything else looks like it should work. Do you have Windows installed for your local language? Anyway, please also try the attached and let me know specifically which places won't let you use a comma separator.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  TS4MorphMaker_4_3_1_0.zip (8.96 MB, 37 downloads)

Test Subject
#388 Old 7th Mar 2021 at 6:55 PM
@TiallusSims

I found only one place where reading a float (decimal) number didn't specify to use the culture info of your own system, but even that should have defaulted to your local culture. I changed it, but everything else looks like it should work. Do you have Windows installed for your local language? Anyway, please also try the attached and let me know specifically which places won't let you use a comma separator.

I downloaded the updated version and it works fine with my German Win10 64x system now. Now I just have to check checkboxes instead of changing commas into points every time. Maybe that one place was the culprit.
Test Subject
#389 Old 8th Mar 2021 at 2:00 PM
Naturally, the original images show up for me now. Maybe it was a glitch on the site or my iPad went temporarily insane.

There are no version 1 presets in my game packages so something is different about your system. I made a test version with the reading of resources modified to give you a message when it can't read something. That may be too annoying for the tool to be usable but it should at least give us a better idea of the problem and I can then change it to skip those resources silently.

Attached. Please give it a try and let me know!

@TiallusSims

Oh, I saw your message after I solved the problem .. So, I tried to reinstall the game and this time everything started working. I think that the problems arose at the moment when I downloaded the update the last time and I could not install it properly due to connection errors (maybe the problem of the Internet or the origin client), but now everything has loaded correctly and works as before. Thanks so much for taking the time and helping!
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#390 Old 8th Mar 2021 at 8:56 PM
Oh, I saw your message after I solved the problem .. So, I tried to reinstall the game and this time everything started working. I think that the problems arose at the moment when I downloaded the update the last time and I could not install it properly due to connection errors (maybe the problem of the Internet or the origin client), but now everything has loaded correctly and works as before. Thanks so much for taking the time and helping!

I'm glad you got it resolved!

Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#391 Old 9th Mar 2021 at 12:53 PM
Awesome! Thanks For Sharing!
Test Subject
#392 Old 20th Mar 2021 at 7:17 PM
Good afternoon CmarNYC. I want to create a predefined face from a sim that already exists in my game, that is, my sim and not the base game. Can you tell me if this is possible in the MorphMaker app? If so, how do I do it?
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#393 Old 20th Mar 2021 at 8:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by dalilacuderan
Good afternoon CmarNYC. I want to create a predefined face from a sim that already exists in my game, that is, my sim and not the base game. Can you tell me if this is possible in the MorphMaker app? If so, how do I do it?

If you had a list of all the facial morphs applied in the game you could make a preset and save the morphed head, but that would be a challenge. I don't know exactly what you want to do with your customized face, but probably your best bet is TS4 SimRipper. That will rip your individual sim from a save game and let you save the mesh in Collada DAE, OBJ, or Milkshape MS3D and the textures in PNG. There's an option to save the mesh in separate pieces if you only want the head. There's also a listing of all the morphs for that sim if you want to try making that preset.

https://modthesims.info/download.php?t=635720

Test Subject
#394 Old 20th Mar 2021 at 8:25 PM
If you had a list of all the facial morphs applied in the game you could make a preset and save the morphed head, but that would be a challenge. I don't know exactly what you want to do with your customized face, but probably your best bet is TS4 SimRipper. That will rip your individual sim from a save game and let you save the mesh in Collada DAE, OBJ, or Milkshape MS3D and the textures in PNG. There's an option to save the mesh in separate pieces if you only want the head. There's also a listing of all the morphs for that sim if you want to try making that preset.

https://modthesims.info/download.php?t=635720

Thanks for the answer. I want to save the preset from my sim's forehead to put on others, successively with the other parts of the face. That’s why I’m venturing into your brilliant tool. I'm going to use the TS4 SimRipper tool, I liked the tip where I can save the mesh in separate pieces just for the head, I was exporting the mesh for the full body and didn't know how to get just the mesh from the head. If this causes an error in the program, I will inform you in exchange for help. Thank you again.
Test Subject
#395 Old 21st Mar 2021 at 5:17 PM
I'm having some trouble running the TS4MorphMaker.exe file - my computer seems to just unzip the file rather than run it, leaving me with an empty folder named 'TS4MorphMaker'. I'm wondering if it's because I'm on a mac rather than a PC... has anyone else ran into this issue? I'm hoping I'm doing something wrong or there's a fix because I really want to make my own presets! thanks
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#396 Old 21st Mar 2021 at 6:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by grossalice
I'm having some trouble running the TS4MorphMaker.exe file - my computer seems to just unzip the file rather than run it, leaving me with an empty folder named 'TS4MorphMaker'. I'm wondering if it's because I'm on a mac rather than a PC... has anyone else ran into this issue? I'm hoping I'm doing something wrong or there's a fix because I really want to make my own presets! thanks

This tool only runs on Windows, sorry. You can try using a Windows emulator to run it.

https://macpaw.com/how-to/best-windows-emulator-mac

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#397 Old 7th Apr 2021 at 1:39 PM
Hey!
I'm trying to do a pocket bully body for little dogs. so i just made the body of the doggo a bit wider and when i let the program create a dmap it says base and morph faces don't match.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#398 Old 7th Apr 2021 at 7:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by benighted
Hey!
I'm trying to do a pocket bully body for little dogs. so i just made the body of the doggo a bit wider and when i let the program create a dmap it says base and morph faces don't match.

If you changed the number or order of faces that would cause this problem. Try importing the mesh and exporting it without changes, keeping the vertex order. Keep that exported mesh, make your changes by changing vertex positions and normals and nothing else, and export again. If using the original base mesh doesn't work in MorphMaker, try using the unchanged mesh you exported as the base. If that doesn't work, your meshing tool isn't correctly exporting the mesh with the faces unchanged.

Test Subject
#399 Old 19th Apr 2021 at 9:29 AM
Hi, Im new here. I've been learning to use this and I want to know if I can create a much higher polygon body preset and use it in game?
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#400 Old 19th Apr 2021 at 10:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sims4lord
Hi, Im new here. I've been learning to use this and I want to know if I can create a much higher polygon body preset and use it in game?

You can't change the number of polygons with a preset, if that's what you mean.

Page 16 of 26