Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

TS4 SimRipper Classic: rip sims from savegames. V3.14.2.0, updated 4/19/2023

by CmarNYC Posted 4th Dec 2019 at 6:36 PM - Updated 4th Mar 2024 at 4:43 PM by Lyralei : adding updated link.

1996 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 1884 Feedback Posts, 111 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 48 of 80
Test Subject
#1176 Old 28th Sep 2021 at 4:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CmarNYC
I need your save game and the sim troubleshooting info. It would save a lot of time if you'd just upload these when reporting a problem instead of making me ask.

hi, sorry here they both are, its a different sim from the picture i send but it still has the same eyelash glitch as it happens to every sim.
save
troubleshooting info
Test Subject
#1177 Old 28th Sep 2021 at 7:57 PM
I don't know what's causing this. Maybe you have a default replacement neck slider or something? Or a mod or CC that's conflicting? Apparently it's something SimRipper isn't picking up as CC. You could try removing ALL mods and CC except what's in the sim troubleshooting info and see if the problem is duplicated in the game, then add things in until the neck is what you expect again and upload that item.

I'm no longer trying to support every CC and mod out there, so I may not be able to fix this.

I've already done that, I even sent the files to someone else and it's still the same. this one I created from a game base and didn't use any neck slider.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#1178 Old 28th Sep 2021 at 8:29 PM Last edited by CmarNYC : 28th Sep 2021 at 10:22 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by thyagom
I've already done that, I even sent the files to someone else and it's still the same. this one I created from a game base and didn't use any neck slider.

Still the same how?

All I can tell you is that this sim uses two EA neck sliders. The one for thick neck is set to a very low value of 0.01 while the one for thin neck is set to the maximum of 1. If the neck appears thick in-game it's being affected by something SimRipper isn't seeing. If you can figure out what that is I can see if I can support it. The way to do that is to remove everything except the packages in the sim troubleshooting info and test in-game, like I said.

The error message about a missing bone that you posted before suggests you're using a default replacement rig, but for whatever reason SimRipper isn't seeing it.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#1179 Old 28th Sep 2021 at 9:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by randompersonnnnn
hi, sorry here they both are, its a different sim from the picture i send but it still has the same eyelash glitch as it happens to every sim.
save
troubleshooting info

You have two EA eyelash remover packages, one by Cien and one by Kijiko, and the Kijiko one seems to be causing the problem. The lashes look normal when I remove it. I'll see if I can figure out why, but try just removing it.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Test Subject
#1180 Old 28th Sep 2021 at 11:54 PM
hi! Sorry for my English, I'm from Russia. I have a problem importing a model into a blender. Shadows are displayed incorrectly on the model. I'll leave you a screenshot with the problem. I hope for your help!
Screenshots
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#1181 Old 29th Sep 2021 at 1:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Lacshend
hi! Sorry for my English, I'm from Russia. I have a problem importing a model into a blender. Shadows are displayed incorrectly on the model. I'll leave you a screenshot with the problem. I hope for your help!

Sorry, I don't use Blender and can't help with lighting. If you mean the normals aren't right, I did a tutorial linked from the description explaining how to transfer normals from the obj version of the mesh. It also includes the very little I figured out about Blender lighting.

Test Subject
#1182 Old 29th Sep 2021 at 9:26 PM
this error appears when saving textures of any character to any directory
Screenshots
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#1183 Old 29th Sep 2021 at 10:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by enayamarlen
this error appears when saving textures of any character to any directory

This error happens on some systems, and I don't know what causes it. Try saving to different location.

Test Subject
#1184 Old 29th Sep 2021 at 10:21 PM
Hi! Thanks for this great tool!
Also, I have a question, to what extent can we use this models? Is there any legal boundries I should know before using them (not cc, obviously that has it's own credits and stuff, but what about the 3d base)?
Test Subject
#1185 Old 30th Sep 2021 at 1:35 AM
Default Sims ripper
Hello, I know the description states no plans for Mac devices. But if you could please reconsider. I’ve been trying to do blender for a while and the only thing that’s holding me back is the sims ripper. This is the only way to transport my sims over on my saved games. I know there are A LOT of people that would love this since we don’t have windows. I know this is asking the most, but It would mean the world. You’re the only creator that makes this or anything like this. Just please please please reconsider.
Test Subject
#1186 Old 30th Sep 2021 at 10:06 PM
This error happens on some systems, and I don't know what causes it. Try saving to different location.
I tried, but this error apper every time with every location
Test Subject
#1187 Old 30th Sep 2021 at 10:13 PM

Do you have Avast Antivirus? Try setting both your C:\Users\User Name\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4 and C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 4 as exceptions in Avast. I was having the exact same problem, but this fixed it for me.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#1188 Old 1st Oct 2021 at 1:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by polimeritade
Hi! Thanks for this great tool!
Also, I have a question, to what extent can we use this models? Is there any legal boundries I should know before using them (not cc, obviously that has it's own credits and stuff, but what about the 3d base)?

I really don't know. You should ask in Upload / Creator Issues, maybe they'd have guidance.

Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#1189 Old 1st Oct 2021 at 1:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Cyberslvtt
Hello, I know the description states no plans for Mac devices. But if you could please reconsider. I’ve been trying to do blender for a while and the only thing that’s holding me back is the sims ripper. This is the only way to transport my sims over on my saved games. I know there are A LOT of people that would love this since we don’t have windows. I know this is asking the most, but It would mean the world. You’re the only creator that makes this or anything like this. Just please please please reconsider.

I'm sorry, but it's out of the question. First, I'm in my 70's and looking to retire from TS4 modding, not get in deeper with another version of a tool that demands so much maintenance. Second, I don't have a Mac so I'd have to buy one, learn how to use it and to program for it, then convert the tool and rewrite any parts that don't have a direct equivalent for Mac. Third, whenever I do an update I'd have to do it and test it for Mac as well. I'm just not going to do all that.

There are Windows emulators for Mac users who need to use Windows programs, which would help you with more than this one tool.
This is outdated but probably still informative: https://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=366580
And a general guide for emulation software: https://windowsreport.com/pc-emulation-software/

Anyone else who wants to do a Mac version is very welcome to,

Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#1190 Old 1st Oct 2021 at 1:34 PM

The error itself means SimRipper doesn't have privileges to save the file, which may or may not be the actual problem. As STCContinuum pointed out, it could be your antivirus - not only Avast but any of them. Try making the TS4 SimRipper program and folder exceptions in your AV.

Test Subject
#1191 Old 2nd Oct 2021 at 10:54 PM
Default Thank you
You have two EA eyelash remover packages, one by Cien and one by Kijiko, and the Kijiko one seems to be causing the problem. The lashes look normal when I remove it. I'll see if I can figure out why, but try just removing it.

Just wanted to say thank you so much for the help!! It works now completely fine so thank you for taking the time and answer my question, thank you so much for this mod it's absolutely amazing, and all the help you have given me is amazing to!!
Test Subject
#1192 Old 9th Oct 2021 at 1:31 PM
hey
male sims with feminine figure/wearing non-cc female clothes have problems with seams on hands and feet. it's different depending on the clothing (some have less, some have worse and some even don't have this happen. happens mostly with skirts) and i usually fix the model up myself in blender.
if i can in any way contribute and help with trying to fix this issue, let me know because i don't know what else to include
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#1193 Old 10th Oct 2021 at 8:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BenjiThatFoxGuy
hey
male sims with feminine figure/wearing non-cc female clothes have problems with seams on hands and feet. it's different depending on the clothing (some have less, some have worse and some even don't have this happen. happens mostly with skirts) and i usually fix the model up myself in blender.
if i can in any way contribute and help with trying to fix this issue, let me know because i don't know what else to include

When I test an EA sim who's male in female frame the hands and feet look fine. Please upload your save game and sim troubleshooting info, and at least one picture of the problem with the seams circled unless they're extremely obvious.

Test Subject
#1194 Old 15th Oct 2021 at 10:54 AM Last edited by BenjiThatFoxGuy : 15th Oct 2021 at 11:16 AM. Reason: fixed a grammatical mistake
When I test an EA sim who's male in female frame the hands and feet look fine. Please upload your save game and sim troubleshooting info, and at least one picture of the problem with the seams circled unless they're extremely obvious.

as I said, this really depends on the clothing
some CC clothes have this happen, some maxis clothes have this happen
so I hope it's not unfixable, if it is then I understand and I'll opt the "fixing manually each time after export" route.
I have height mods, but I've double checked and the sim exported without the height slider used or even installed still has this happen.
And it's not like I misaligned something in-game, as the sim looks as intended in game itself.
I was even wondering whether it's fault of the furry mod, but seems like it isn't either.
I would rather not have to submit my original save file or some cc I made for myself publicly, so please do let me know how to send the troubleshooting info zip and the save file privately to you
here's the sim troubleshooting info for my sim I use TS4SimRipper on the most - the sim where I first noticed this issue, also a screenshot of the issue in action
instance nr 1 - sim has empty space instead of stomach. sim is wearing feminine clothing, sim's frame is set to masculine. furry mod and height slider mods used.
this is the issue in simripper
everyday outfit 2
everyday outfit 3
everyday outfit 4
most of the outfit is non cc, for example the top and the bottom.
this is how it's supposed to look
everyday outfit 2
everyday outfit 3
everyday outfit 4
Sim Troubleshooting Info for everyday outfit 2
Sim Troubleshooting error Info for everyday outfit 2
instance nr 2 - sim has seams on legs. it appears that after some time, the issue of seams on arms got somehow fixed. either thanks for a simripper update, or some maxis change. the issue on sim's legs remains existent however. sim is wearing feminine clothing, sim's frame is set to masculine. furry mod and height slider mods used.
everyday outfit 5
the leggings are cc, but with no mesh changes made to them.
this is how it's supposed to look
everyday outfit 5
Sim Troubleshooting Info for everyday outfit 5
Sim Troubleshooting error Info for everyday outfit 5
instance nr 3 - no issues (apart from one I'll mention post scriptum, but this isn't the issue I'm reporting now and it's strictly CC related so yeah this isn't as relevant now but maybe if you agree to look into this as well). sim is wearing masculine clothing, sim's frame is set to masculine. furry mod and height slider mods used.
how this looks in simripper
everyday outfit 1
how this looks in-game
everyday outfit 1
sim error info, just in case
sim info, just in case
please let me know how I can privately provide the save file and the troubleshooting zip containing the CC I used on the outfit if it still remains necessary
please let me know what else I can try too. I'm not knowledgeable enough in sims 4 stuff creation yet to tell what could be troubling simripper.
ps. I haven't tested whether this occurs on exporting to formats other than DAE, so if you'd like me to test that I can do that as well.
ps number 2. There's another issue but it's mod specific and I've seen you mention you're no longer planning to fix every CC issue ever so I'd understand if you don't even want to hear details about it. I cope with it by reattaching some textures SimRipper omits as a in game tattoo, which looks weird in-game but right in SimRipper. In short, some custom body parts I use, are made as skin/body details and they contain textures that the game combines with the tattoos with a similar effect like photoshop's "Overlay" layer setting. This is missing in simripper, so I have to do it myself as a separate tattoo I use on separate save files I have made just for exporting. If it was a relatively easy fix, I'd be glad to help with that too.
Test Subject
#1195 Old 15th Oct 2021 at 11:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Cyberslvtt

try simripper in crossover/wine
worked for me
now I have a windows vm and a separate pc for this that I use when I can as well
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#1196 Old 15th Oct 2021 at 2:58 PM
as I said, this really depends on the clothing
some CC clothes have this happen, some maxis clothes have this happen
so I hope it's not unfixable, if it is then I understand and I'll opt the "fixing manually each time after export" route.
I have height mods, but I've double checked and the sim exported without the height slider used or even installed still has this happen.
And it's not like I misaligned something in-game, as the sim looks as intended in game itself.
I was even wondering whether it's fault of the furry mod, but seems like it isn't either.
I would rather not have to submit my original save file or some cc I made for myself publicly, so please do let me know how to send the troubleshooting info zip and the save file privately to you
here's the sim troubleshooting info for my sim I use TS4SimRipper on the most - the sim where I first noticed this issue, also a screenshot of the issue in action
instance nr 1 - sim has empty space instead of stomach. sim is wearing feminine clothing, sim's frame is set to masculine. furry mod and height slider mods used.
please let me know how I can privately provide the save file and the troubleshooting zip containing the CC I used on the outfit if it still remains necessary
please let me know what else I can try too. I'm not knowledgeable enough in sims 4 stuff creation yet to tell what could be troubling simripper.
ps. I haven't tested whether this occurs on exporting to formats other than DAE, so if you'd like me to test that I can do that as well.
ps number 2. There's another issue but it's mod specific and I've seen you mention you're no longer planning to fix every CC issue ever so I'd understand if you don't even want to hear details about it. I cope with it by reattaching some textures SimRipper omits as a in game tattoo, which looks weird in-game but right in SimRipper. In short, some custom body parts I use, are made as skin/body details and they contain textures that the game combines with the tattoos with a similar effect like photoshop's "Overlay" layer setting. This is missing in simripper, so I have to do it myself as a separate tattoo I use on separate save files I have made just for exporting. If it was a relatively easy fix, I'd be glad to help with that too.

Thanks for the detailed reply, very helpful! I've been able to duplicate the waist gap and figure out the problems causing it - fixing them may take a little time.

So far I have not seen the ankle gap when using the same skirt as in your pic, so possibly it's the custom feet. I'll have to come back to that.

If you upload at least one combination of tattoo and skin details that's giving you problems, I'll take a look. Just upload them somewhere and pm me the link.

Test Subject
#1197 Old 15th Oct 2021 at 8:23 PM
Thanks for the detailed reply, very helpful! I've been able to duplicate the waist gap and figure out the problems causing it - fixing them may take a little time.

So far I have not seen the ankle gap when using the same skirt as in your pic, so possibly it's the custom feet. I'll have to come back to that.

If you upload at least one combination of tattoo and skin details that's giving you problems, I'll take a look. Just upload them somewhere and pm me the link.

okay
huge thanks for looking into it!
i'll get to it, today if I get the chance or tomorrow if not
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#1198 Old 17th Oct 2021 at 4:08 PM
okay
huge thanks for looking into it!
i'll get to it, today if I get the chance or tomorrow if not

Just as a bit of explanation - the EA female waist is higher than the male waist, so when combining a female top and a male bottom the game fills in the gap by creating additional faces. It eliminates gaps at the seams between meshes in general by using data in the mesh that lists the seam vertices, what kind of seam it is and sequence numbers for the vertices. I've been adding faces for the waist gap in SimRipper using the seam data to create vertices and faces, but on rereading the EA documentation I think they add a standard fill-in set of faces and make sure the seams are exact by using the seam stitch data. The shorts you used in your example seem to have incomplete waist seam data, leaving out a few vertices, which made it appear incorrectly in SimRipper. The cropped top, and I'm sure other tops, comes down to the female waist but has no vertices around the actual waistline so there's no seam data. I'm now working on making and using a standard fill-in mesh for the waist gap.

Test Subject
#1199 Old 17th Oct 2021 at 6:26 PM
Just as a bit of explanation - the EA female waist is higher than the male waist, so when combining a female top and a male bottom the game fills in the gap by creating additional faces. It eliminates gaps at the seams between meshes in general by using data in the mesh that lists the seam vertices, what kind of seam it is and sequence numbers for the vertices. I've been adding faces for the waist gap in SimRipper using the seam data to create vertices and faces, but on rereading the EA documentation I think they add a standard fill-in set of faces and make sure the seams are exact by using the seam stitch data. The shorts you used in your example seem to have incomplete waist seam data, leaving out a few vertices, which made it appear incorrectly in SimRipper. The cropped top, and I'm sure other tops, comes down to the female waist but has no vertices around the actual waistline so there's no seam data. I'm now working on making and using a standard fill-in mesh for the waist gap.

okay, I didn't know the game would do that. my inexperienced assumption was it'd maybe just use a different base or sth
cool to learn, and thanks again for looking into this!
Test Subject
#1200 Old 17th Oct 2021 at 8:08 PM
Default Blender help
Hiii, sorry to bother you but I'm very new to blender and stuff like that , everything works fine apart from the colors , when I import it into blender the sim is just gray , I don't get any errors or anything it just doesnt show colors at all , do you know what might be the problem
Screenshots
Page 48 of 80