Replies: 495 (Who?), Viewed: 61379 times.
Page 20 of 20
Mad Poster
#476 Old 13th Jul 2021 at 2:00 PM
Quote:
FIFA and Madden next-gen upgrades exclusive to higher-priced special editions
And FIFA upgrade is limited solely to $99.99 digital-only Ultimate Edition

Electronic Arts has made changes to its Dual Entitlement program, limiting free next-gen upgrades for FIFA 22 and Madden NFL 22 to players who purchase the special editions.

Dual Entitlement is the publisher's initiative that allows customers who purchase PlayStation 4 and Xbox One versions of its games to access the respective next-gen upgrades at no additional cost.

It was introduced last year with titles such as FIFA 21 and Madden NFL 21, and returns for their '22' counterparts, but official FAQs show the offer is limited to specific editions.

The most notable change has been made for FIFA, where only players who buy the digital-only Ultimate Edition will receive both versions of the game, according to the game's website.

https://www.gamesindustry.biz/artic...pecial-editions

Duel Entitlement? I'd be curious to know which EA chucklehead came up with that phrase.

Entitlement
noun

1. the fact of having a right to something

Example: "full entitlement to fees and maintenance should be offered"

People have the right to shell out $99.00 for the game never mind the thousands they will most likely spend in card packs and will probably still end up with a banner with the wrong year on it anyway. Then people will be entitled again next year when they have to be pay another $99.00 so they can feel entitled. Wash, rinse, repeat.

I know lots of people play and buy into this bullshit, but I will never understand why.
Instructor
#477 Old 13th Jul 2021 at 3:50 PM
I'd think better of EA if they got out of Texas where women's and transgender rights are being taken away.
Mad Poster
#478 Old 15th Jul 2021 at 7:05 PM

So apparently this is still going on. I'm not sure if they have customer data too (EA claims they don't but...EA) but if you've got your payment information saved on your origin account....you might wanna not do that.

The Receptacle still lives!
Mad Poster
#479 Old 16th Jul 2021 at 2:59 PM
According to Yong, EA knew about this problem for months and choose not to do anything about it despite what security experts and others had to say about it. The only way to ensure that a credit card or debit card is not stolen and used in nefarious ways is to replace whatever card EA has on file. That means canceling the card that EA has on file and getting a new one from a bank or wherever the card EA has on file came from.

Since EA didn't give a shit about this problem until the media got a hold of it ( nothing new here, this is EA's way)it would be better to use either gift cards or disposable credit credit cards. A person would need to read the fine print for the disposable credit cards. I don't know how they work elsewhere, but here in the US some credit card companies charge a fee to use said cards. They don't like the fact that a pre-loaded card doesn't carry any debt, so they try to make up for lost interest payments by charging fees.

The other way to avoid this problem is not to buy anything on Origin, but while it is true, suggesting such a thing usually goes over like a fart in a spacesuit.
Forum Resident
#480 Old 16th Jul 2021 at 5:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lil bag2

So apparently this is still going on. I'm not sure if they have customer data too (EA claims they don't but...EA) but if you've got your payment information saved on your origin account....you might wanna not do that.

Damn! Glad I don't save payment info whenever it is possible to avoid.
Scholar
#481 Old 16th Jul 2021 at 7:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by parrot999
Damn! Glad I don't save payment info whenever it is possible to avoid.

Unfortunately, this does not guarantee that your payment info is not saved somewhere for processing reasons.
Forum Resident
#482 Old 16th Jul 2021 at 8:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mithrak_nl
Unfortunately, this does not guarantee that your payment info is not saved somewhere for processing reasons.

Well I haven't bought anything off Origin in over a year, so fingers crossed any processing data has been dumped by now.
Top Secret Researcher
#483 Old 16th Jul 2021 at 8:22 PM
Am I save if I never actually bought anything through the origin platform?

I literally only have the Sims 4 basegegame (of which I bought a physical copy when it was first released), Spore (which I bought through Steam, unaware that I'd have to use Origin to play it) the CAS demo, the Sims 2 Ultimate Collection that was free on Origin back when and a couple other games that were free Origin downloads from years and years ago (does Origin still do those "on the house" specials, where they give away old games for free for a limited time?)

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Forum Resident
#484 Old 16th Jul 2021 at 8:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orphalesion

I literally only have the Sims 4 basegegame (of which I bought a physical copy when it was first released), Spore (which I bought through Steam, unaware that I'd have to use Origin to play it) the CAS demo, the Sims 2 Ultimate Collection that was free on Origin back when and a couple other games that were free Origin downloads from years and years ago (does Origin still do those "on the house" specials, where they give away old games for free for a limited time?)

Yes, if you've never physically given EA any of your payment info, then there's no way for them to have it on file. Promotions like OTH (and no, they don't do it anymore, they retired it a few years back) are essentially just adding the game to your library for free.

I myself have only ever used cash cards specifically for this reason if there was ever anything I cared to buy. Mostly DLC for the one or two EA games I play besides The Sims.

You have been chosen. They will come soon.
Mad Poster
#485 Old 16th Jul 2021 at 8:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orphalesion

You should be fine, but like with any kind of breach, keep tabs on things. I don't remember exactly what kind of info EA asks for to have a Origin account, but if you start getting things like weird emails, ect... it would be worth looking into.

If you have concerns on the financial side of things, call the bank you have a card (s) with. Your bank is going to be more interested in knowing about any possible problems than EA is. They've got people's money regardless of what happens and even if there was user info being put all over the internet, they wouldn't admit to anyway until they had to. Telling people that their info is being used as a form of extortion doesn't make people want to buy things from said company; especially one that knew about this problem and ignored it.
Instructor
#486 Old 18th Jul 2021 at 8:05 PM
I don't know if it's anything to do with those hacked details recently but my bank has recently taken to sending me phone messages now, warning me of possible fraud and making me verify a purchase by putting in a 6 figure code number on the order page. It's even happening to online food orders I get often, whereas it didn't happen before.

Some banks are taking this seriously it seems.
Alchemist
#487 Old 19th Jul 2021 at 2:06 AM
I think I used PP for my purchases, and if no, perhaps Discover. If the latter they aint' gonna get much as I have a low credit limit there and darn near maxed out. :D
Mad Poster
#488 Old 19th Jul 2021 at 3:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daisylee
I think I used PP for my purchases, and if no, perhaps Discover. If the latter they aint' gonna get much as I have a low credit limit there and darn near maxed out. :D

The problem with credit card info being leaked to the public doesn't end with the obvious. Just because a person has a low FICO score with a near maxed out card doesn't keep somebody from opening more credit card accounts in your name. This of course is fraud, but if they decide to go on a spending bender in your name and you're not aware of it, they drag your FICO score down further. Then of course there are all the headaches that come with trying to clean up such a mess. It can take a long time...

We've had problems with identity theft in my house. It hasn't happened in a while ( knocks on desk; it's made of wood) but we know who the person is and every so often he decides to try to pull shenanigans. The last time he pulled crap, he got into a car accident in a different state and tried to put said accident on our insurance.

Long story short, the insurance agent had a really hard time trying to convince me that a person in my household could make trips to a different state every day without my being aware of it. It goes without saying, I never heard from that insurance agent again.
Alchemist
#489 Old 21st Jul 2021 at 1:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gargoyle Cat
The problem with credit card info being leaked to the public doesn't end with the obvious. Just because a person has a low FICO score with a near maxed out card doesn't keep somebody from opening more credit card accounts in your name.

That is totally true and I do not have a low FICO score. Just not much credit at the moment. I do watch things pretty carefully but many people do not, as they should.
Lab Assistant
#490 Old 21st Jul 2021 at 1:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lil bag2

For more than a year I have been unable to purchase anything thru Origin (and that was how I use to purchase my games). Before 2020 I changed my Email address. Then I tried to purchase something, but was rejected because I had made the change. I then tried to update, but the Covid hit, and Origin wouldn't return my calls. The site wanted to send confirmation to my old address - which I no longer had. Hence, I gave up. So, now I don't think it matters if a hacker got my info. I no longer have that address, nor the credit card I used for it.

Perhaps sometimes Providence does step in.

Hear the other side. - St. Augustine
Field Researcher
#491 Old 21st Jul 2021 at 1:57 PM
Sorry to say, but it seems quite poetic to me.
Mad Poster
#492 Old 4th Aug 2021 at 12:01 AM
Quote:
EA and Internet Matters launch Play Together/Play Smart campaign

Latest industry initiative to educate parents and guardians about spending limits and family settings backed by Ian Wright and Scummy Mummies

Electronic Arts has teamed up with non-profit organisation Internet Matters for a new campaign to help parents and guardians get to grips with video games and protect their children from inappropriate content.

Timed to coincide with the school summer holidays, the Play Together/Play Smart centres around a new website set up to be a resource centre for parents and guardians.

On the site, the two companies have sourced and published guides on how to set up family controls for various games and consoles, set limits for screen time and in-game spending, and find age-appropriate games for their children.

There are also videos with advice from former footballer Ian Wright, as well as Scummy Mummies hosts Ellie Gibson and Helen Thorn.

https://www.gamesindustry.biz/artic...mation-campaign

Try again, EA. FIFA still has a PEGI-3 or E for everybody rating. Not interested in hearing about you rubbing elbows for a former football player.
Mad Poster
#493 Old 12th Aug 2021 at 4:37 PM
Quote:
Apex Legends lead game designer fired amid controversy over sexist and racist comments

Daniel Z Klein drew criticism after a 2007 blog post resurfaced around the Activision Blizzard lawsuit

Electronic Arts and Respawn Entertainment have fired Apex Legends' lead game designer Daniel Z. Klein.

Klein confirmed via Twitter that he had been dismissed on Friday, with his comments suggesting the decision was based primarily around comments he made in a blog post back in 2007.

The post, entitled "I am Daniel's Angry Rant," contains sexist remarks, such as implying that no women has ever behaved rationally, suggesting XX are the "moron chromosomes" and that one particular woman should be ignored because "it's just her vagina talking."

Click the link below for full story

https://www.gamesindustry.biz/artic...racist-comments

For a company that loves to pound their chests about how diverse they are, blah,blah,blah... they kept this asshole around for a additional 13 years. Am I surprised? Absolutely not! For as much time they spend snooping on people, I kind of find it hard to believe that they knew nothing about this until the BS with Activision hit the proverbial fan.

Best company ever; according to all the gatekeepers....
Mad Poster
#494 Old 18th Aug 2021 at 6:34 PM
Quote:
EA will consider "player perspective" when delisting titles after GOG misstep
Publisher pulled Syndicate, Ultima Underworld games from marketplace, has since relisted them in free promo

Electronic Arts has offered an explanation as to why four of its classic titles were delisted, then relisted on popular PC games marketplace GOG in the past few months.

GOG served a notice towards the end of June revealing it would soon remove Ultima Underworld and its sequel, Syndicate Plus and Syndicate Wars from its marketplace. The site said at the time this was "on publisher's request."

The decision was met by confusion and frustration from consumers, and earlier this month GOG and EA announced the titles would not only be returned to the marketplace but also available for free until September 3.

Speaking to GamesIndustry.biz, EA's executive vice president for marketing, commercial and positive play Chris Bruzzo said the delisting came from a breakdown in the publisher's process for managing the digital titles it has on sale, and has since changed this procedure to avoid similar situations in future.

"When making decisions that affect players we take the time to review exactly what the potential impacts are and whether they serve the players best interests," he explained. "When we delisted Syndicate and Ultima Underworld we missed that step and so didn't fully consider the players perspective.

"From the level of interest players showed in delisting these games, it was clear that people still wanted them to be available, so we did two things.

"The first was to ensure that going forward we have a process in place that considers the player perspective in listing decisions. The second was to relist the titles and make them available to as many people as possible with a month-long promotion."

https://www.gamesindustry.biz/artic...ng-gog-backlash

Since when is EA so concerned about 'player perspective'? EA's player perspective is put on a scale of how much money a person spends. Spend a lot = Be given title of "Whale" on their sales charts. Spend little or none at all and you're a rotten person for not supporting their BS.
Mad Poster
#495 Old 27th Sep 2021 at 12:28 PM
Gaming news is really boring these days; so here's a thing.

Quote:
Electronic Arts Inc (EA) CEO Andrew Wilson Sold $1.3 million of Shares

CEO of Electronic Arts Inc Andrew Wilson sold 10,000 shares of EA on 09/21/2021 at an average price of $127.63 a share. The total sale was $1.3 million.

https://www.gurufocus.com/news/1530...d=mw_quote_news

CHA-CHING! Did everybody get a thank card for spending over $800.00 on TS4?

</sassy>
Mad Poster
#496 Old 7th Oct 2021 at 1:07 PM
Quote:
EA could rename FIFA games franchise
Company is "exploring the idea" of rebranding its global EA Sports football titles

Electronic Arts has hinted at a potential rebranding of its iconic FIFA series.

In a recent press release discussing the launch of FIFA 22, the company said it is "exploring the idea of renaming our global EA Sports football games."

The publisher also said it is reviewing its naming rights agreements with FIFA, which is separate from its other football-adjacent partnerships and licensing used in the games.

"Through years of building our global franchise, we also know that authenticity is essential to the experience," the release said.

"That's why we focus so much energy on the collective strength of over 300 individual licensed partners that give us access to 17,000+ athletes across 700+ teams, in 100 stadiums and over 30 leagues around the world.

https://www.gamesindustry.biz/artic...games-franchise

LMAO! None of this could possibly be because of all the flack FIFA has gotten over the past few years. It couldn't have anything to do with surprise mechanics, feeling pride and accomplishment when paying out the nose for said surprise mechanics, ect... How about stealing money from 3-year olds because as it stands, the game still comes with a E for everybody or PEGI-3 rating.

As annoying as this bullshit is, one can't help but laugh at it. Of all companies to yap about authenticity, EA has no business doing that. Their Wall Street overlords celebrate with nothing but praise when EA kills another studio and lays 100's of people off. As if that isn't bad enough, they then turn around and up Android Wilson's bonuses via vote. Nothing sez authentic like giving a person a million dollar bonus every year for putting people out of work. Can't get any more authentic than that. FFS! They just keeping thinking everybody outside of the EA mother ship is dumber than a pile of bricks...
Page 20 of 20