Replies: 495 (Who?), Viewed: 61401 times.
Page 4 of 20
Mad Poster
#76 Old 3rd Nov 2018 at 8:30 PM
Destroyer of Worlds
staff: administrator
#77 Old 3rd Nov 2018 at 8:33 PM
Alright, so, it's come to our attention that we need to have a little pop in of this thread. Everyone, please remember to be respectful of each other. You can disagree with opinions, without insults. Avoid inflammatory comments and making this discussion personal. If that can't happen, then this thread doesn't need to continue.

Heaven Sims | Avendale Legacy
"On the internet, you can be anything you want. It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid."
Mad Poster
#78 Old 3rd Nov 2018 at 10:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jje1000

With how many groups and entities EA has pissed off, why haven't we all came together in millions and have started an arson on the EA's headquaters? Of course before the action evacuated all the good employees first. On what measurement should EA make someone else lose their mind so that it can put them to their demise, like nuke them? Aliens??

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Scholar
#79 Old 4th Nov 2018 at 5:06 AM
EA :
- Aweful online monetization.
- Destroyer of classic franchises.
- The franchises that still exist barely improve or in some cases make steps back (SC2013, TS4). On top of that, you will be nickle & dimed for tiny DLC.

Rockstar:
- Aweful online monetization. You either (try to) grind ingame money in hacker infested online sessions or pay ridiculous prices for the online DLC. Online takes ages to load and your fun can be completely destroyed by hackers. I hate GTA 5 online and don't like Rockstar for not enabling all DLC for singleplayer. And for abandoning singleplayer DLC in general.
- But singleplayer GTA5 and Red Dead Redemption 2 , seem to have improved compared to the last games in those franchises. So imo Rockstar still believes in singleplayer games. Unlike EA.

But plot twist! Winner for me is CD Projekt Red (Witcher 3, Cyberpunk 2077) :p
Field Researcher
#81 Old 4th Nov 2018 at 4:52 PM
IMO, they are just lazy.

View all My Sims 4 Creations here https://kiarasimsfourmods.home.blog/

Patreon here www.patreon.com/kiarasims4mods

KiaraSims4Mods Discord - https://discord.com/invite/TykFPkY
Destroyer of Worlds
staff: administrator
#82 Old 4th Nov 2018 at 8:32 PM
@Unsearchably I am going to post here, again, and I am going to do it for transparency's sake. I posted and told people to knock off the bashing and to stay on topic. YOU posted after that, ignoring said instructions so you could respond to each and every point you wanted to argue with (picking out quotes), which I might add, is also against the site rules.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Site Rules and Guidelines: Posting Guidelines
15. Quoting People: Please try to use the quote tag sparingly - the use of it to pick apart someone's argument line by line not only is horrible to read in a thread, but it's just not classy and is usually only used to ridicule or degrade the original poster. Use of bold or italic can be used instead, and remember you can say "where you said suchandsuch, I think..." without directly quoting. Do not use it to bully or harass people or be rude in responding to their arguments. Do not use it to simply post "I agree," or suchlike. Remember, you don't need to quote the entirety of someone's long post - only the relevant parts. And if you're quoting something posted elsewhere (i.e. not in that thread) remember to provide a link, too.

No one else has done that, thus no one else's posts have been deleted. The one post you quoted above is comparing and contrasting EA with Rockstar. This is fine. Debating the practices of Rockstar only (and paring it down further to just GTA and how that particular game is monetized by Rockstar) is not on topic since said topic is why EA is bad.

In summary: yes, other people were off topic before my warning. No, mithrak_nl is not off topic comparing EA to other companies. Yes, your post was off topic after my warning and thus deleted. Got it? Good. Because I'm done having this argument with you.

Heaven Sims | Avendale Legacy
"On the internet, you can be anything you want. It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid."
Scholar
DELETED POST
5th Nov 2018 at 5:14 AM
This message has been deleted by mithrak_nl. Reason: did not read last post, doh
Lab Assistant
#83 Old 8th Nov 2018 at 4:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mithrak_nl
EA :
- Aweful online monetization.
- Destroyer of classic franchises.
- The franchises that still exist barely improve or in some cases make steps back (SC2013, TS4). On top of that, you will be nickle & dimed for tiny DLC.

Rockstar:
- Aweful online monetization. You either (try to) grind ingame money in hacker infested online sessions or pay ridiculous prices for the online DLC. Online takes ages to load and your fun can be completely destroyed by hackers. I hate GTA 5 online and don't like Rockstar for not enabling all DLC for singleplayer. And for abandoning singleplayer DLC in general.
- But singleplayer GTA5 and Red Dead Redemption 2 , seem to have improved compared to the last games in those franchises. So imo Rockstar still believes in singleplayer games. Unlike EA.

But plot twist! Winner for me is CD Projekt Red (Witcher 3, Cyberpunk 2077) :p

rockstar is pretty shitty but hey at least they're trying to improve their games unlike EA. lets all hope rdr2 online wont get infested with hackers or microtransactions.
Instructor
#84 Old 17th Nov 2018 at 5:04 PM
So here's something not being discussed as much as it should: Go to google, search "EA Stock value," switch the time span to 1 year or 5 years and realize how much trouble EA is in. This isn't the brief dip we saw from Battlefront 2, this is serious damage to the company, probably because investors are realizing EA has consistently released flops since Mass Effect Andromeda. They have not had a hit release in literal years now.

Moreover, check this: https://ir.ea.com/press-releases/pr...ts/default.aspx

That EA chooses to name FIFA and Sims 4 at the start....? That shows these are their main income earners. Those are the last bastions of hope that are still performing adequately. I'm not sure if this is a good thing for Sims though. I mean with any other company it would be, but this is EA. We can all see how little they provide the Sims with while still expecting it to perform. Their strategy hasn't changed and they simply aren't learning: they want to invest very little money in a game and see tremendous returns. The FIFA and Sims communities seem to be the only communities of theirs putting up with this whereas all their other communities have abandoned them or are in the process of abandoning them.

As I said, normally this would mean "more focus on the Sims" and be a positive for the franchise, but knowing EA, it just means they'll probably milk the cash cow even longer.
Forum Resident
#85 Old 17th Nov 2018 at 5:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeservedCriticism
Their strategy hasn't changed and they simply aren't learning: they want to invest very little money in a game and see tremendous returns.

Of course, this is what I've always stated. EA, as a whole, is never going to learn. They will simply follow whatever nets them the most return in profit for their games. They've shown this time and time again. They. Do. Not. Care. About. Their. Customers... Period.

Quote:
The FIFA and Sims communities seem to be the only communities of theirs putting up with this whereas all their other communities have abandoned them or are in the process of abandoning them.

FIFA players will continue to be exploited as they always have. That's not me belittling the intelligence of the customer base, it's just the nature of the genre and EA knows it. But if EA was smart then they shouldn't be banking on even the Sims community putting up with the abuse for much longer. The features they've "graciously" added to the game, the Positivity challenge, etc is their thinly veiled attempt to keep their customers happy. Otherwise people might notice how little content they're actually getting between packs, or how they're drawing the game out as long as they possibly can, or waiting a few years to release another version of your game to put it back in the spotlight. The list goes on.

You have been chosen. They will come soon.
Mad Poster
#86 Old 17th Nov 2018 at 7:33 PM
The only reason TS4 got mentioned in the latest fiscal report was because there was stuff on the horizon to be released. Normally anything sims related is buried under FIFA, Madden and EA's other favorites. The fiscal report prior barely mentioned anything about TS4. It was FIFA, FIFA and more FIFA.

Wall Street continues to stick out their pouty lip when it comes to EA and Co.

Quote:
Video Game Stocks Face More Trouble Ahead

Investors have high hopes for video-game makers as the industry transitions to digital distribution and cloud streaming, but as the holiday season approaches, those hopes are crashing hard. Shares of Electronic Arts Inc. (EA) and Activision Blizzard Inc. (ATVI) are both down more than 15% on the year, and Take-Two Interactive Software Inc. (TTWO), while up nearly 3% this year, has fallen significantly from the year’s highs.

https://www.investopedia.com/news/v...medium=referral

EA's stock is now sitting under $90 a share. Whoops! How low will it go before the new year kicks in, that is the question.
Mad Poster
#87 Old 20th Nov 2018 at 6:45 PM
Quote:
3 Reasons Why Electronic Arts Stock Cratered So Badly
Management’s missteps and disconnect with gamers has cost Electronic Arts stock EA Is Making Games for Shareholders, Not Gamers

I think the industry itself is falling into an underreported, but serious trend: Gaming companies are making titles for shareholders’ benefit, and not for the gamers themselves. This is particularly evident for EA, which is why Electronic Arts stock has fallen under hard times.

Quote:
Yes, EA made a dumb move delaying Battlefield V, and perhaps management has become arrogant. Electronic Arts stock deserves volatility. But these are also fixable issues. Sometimes, people just need to get hit in the head enough times before they correct their behavior.

https://investorplace.com/2018/11/3...tered-so-badly/

The author of this article is spot on in some cases ( EA making games for investors, not the people that play them) but clearly doesn't understand EA in other ways. Battlefield V has lots of issues attached to it, and just how many years does EA have to hit over the head before they figure things out? If we listen to Andrew Wilson, everything is fine and dandy.
Mad Poster
#88 Old 27th Nov 2018 at 1:04 PM Last edited by Gargoyle Cat : 27th Nov 2018 at 1:41 PM. Reason: MOAR...
Quote:
The Requirement to Pay for Individual Swatches I know — it’s crazy for me to even write that headline without thinking Are they serious?!

But yes, The Sims Mobile now requires you to pay for individual swatches in the game. Those include both the swatches in Build / Buy and the swatches in Create A Sim.

http://simscommunity.info/2018/11/2...ial-change-yet/

Charging money for color swatches. The Wall Street overlords must be really pissed off. Now the scramble is on to rack up all those macro transactions.

EDIT:

Quote:
Julian/Iron Seagull @Iron_Cgull

...Some of the swatches for the most expensive fridge in #TheSimsMobile cost 425 SimCash...basically the price of a stuff pack. A stuff pack! WOW. That’s outrageous even for a free to play game...

https://twitter.com/Iron_Cgull/stat...215184731738112

Where was all this noise over the $80 fugly bedroom set? Selective noise, it's like selective hearing.
Instructor
#89 Old 27th Nov 2018 at 2:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gargoyle Cat

Charging money for color swatches. The Wall Street overlords must be really pissed off. Now the scramble is on to rack up all those macro transactions.

Quote:
"But yes, The Sims Mobile now requires you to pay for individual swatches in the game. Those include both the swatches in Build / Buy and the swatches in Create A Sim."

Unlock the black people DLC for the low low price of $14!!
Mad Poster
#90 Old 27th Nov 2018 at 2:38 PM
Quote:
Unlock the black people DLC for the low low price of $14!!

I'm poking fun at this whole thing because I'm a hater and all that, but seriously, nobody should be surprised. Gaming companies cannot nickle and dime people to death fast enough and people are all too happy to say "Here multi-billion dollar game company, take my money!" People are going to sick and tired of this nonsense eventually...maybe.
Inventor
#91 Old 27th Nov 2018 at 7:52 PM
If you ever question the FACT that EA is the WORST video game company in the world, think again:

Now they're charging money for individual swatches. Yes, that's right. So far it's only on mobile, but who knows... I wouldn't be surprised if TS5 implements a similar "feature". They're trying really hard to normalize this obscene cash grab so new generations don't realize they're being milked. This is repulsive. I have no words to describe how indignant I am.
Mad Poster
#92 Old 27th Nov 2018 at 10:18 PM Last edited by SneakyWingPhoenix : 27th Nov 2018 at 10:43 PM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naus Allien
If you ever question the FACT that EA is the WORST video game company in the world, think again:

Now they're charging money for individual swatches. Yes, that's right. So far it's only on mobile, but who knows... I wouldn't be surprised if TS5 implements a similar "feature". They're trying really hard to normalize this obscene cash grab so new generations don't realize they're being milked. This is repulsive. I have no words to describe how indignant I am.

It isn't news for the PC: it's just not that blatant. Take all the racoon costumes for example... Although the cause is likely more by technical/indolence than of marketing scheme. I just can't imagine them promoting color swatches as dlc..... Unless you have TS5 being a just mobile port in mind, then yes

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Mad Poster
#93 Old 27th Nov 2018 at 10:22 PM
Just a ditty I came across...

Quote:
FTC Pledges to Investigate Video Game 'Loot Boxes'

Joseph Simons, chairman of the Federal Trade Commission, pledged to Congress Tuesday (Nov. 27) that his agency would look into in-video game "loot boxes," which generate ongoing revenue from online games via virtual items that can be bought–say, new or more powerful weapons.

https://www.broadcastingcable.com/n...game-loot-boxes
Mad Poster
#94 Old 1st Dec 2018 at 2:21 PM
Quote:
The Sims Mobile: EA Updates Purchase Prices & Gives 150 SimCash (FREE) To Players

https://twitter.com/SimsVIP/status/1068658594051182592

Quote:
"We've dishonestly marketed this $200 product you bought from us, so as an apology, here's $5 of microtransactions." ...

https://twitter.com/YongYea/status/1068020072080388096

Is EA pulling a Bethesda (if you don't know the whole story, you'll have to check it out yourself) or is Bethesda pulling a EA? I can't tell the difference any more. Both companies ripped people off, then both companies offered compensation with something that costs neither company anything.
Top Secret Researcher
#96 Old 1st Dec 2018 at 5:23 PM
I rate EA as worse than Bethesda, just because they've done it to more games. (What Bethesda does is also craptastic.)
Mad Poster
#98 Old 4th Dec 2018 at 10:51 AM
Click the link for context... https://twitter.com/SimGuruKate/sta...836990504267777

Quote:
Kate The Holiday Elf @SimGuruKate

Much of what Kayla so excellently details in this video takes a decent amount of time to implement. That doesn’t mean it’s impossible, but it does mean we don’t yet know if/when any of these things will be updated.

For those of us that have been playing sims for a long time, it is well known that Maxis sucks at color matching. That being said, they are now peddling excuses for this behavior; color matching is hard. It is right up there with beards and lounge chairs.

Is it really that hard to do something right the first time, or is the a sense of enjoyment that comes from insulting the intelligence of people so great that they simply can't let go of this bad habit? I find all of this ironic considering how much joy these same people get from bad mouthing previous versions of the sims.

Is it really that unreasonable for people to want a color-matched gate to go with a fence of a specific color? I'm willing to bet that if there are any Maxis employees that have a white fence around their property, that the gate, if there is one, is white, not blue.
Inventor
#99 Old 4th Dec 2018 at 1:47 PM
There wouldn't be a "swatch" problem if these people hadn't gotten rid of Create-A-Style. Probably the worst design decision ever made, in a game full of terrible decisions. Going back to swatches after the freedom CASt brought, NO THANK YOU. If I'm being honest that's when TS4 lost me. That and TS4 developers smearing The Sims 3 on a daily basis, when some of them were DEVELOPERS of said game. It's bizarre at this point.

Some people will say "they got rid fo CASt for performance reasons." I'm not buying it. There's always ways to optimize performance. They just don't want to do it. It's waaaay EASIER to get rid of things that were problematic in the past rather than to figure out how to make them better. And people are going to applaud them for that. "Yes! You got rid of this feature that lagged in the past [for some]!"

I'm sorry if I'm coming off as an a-hole. It's just... really tired. These four years have been very difficult for long term fans like me who want The Sims to reach its full potential. But it's impossible for that to happen with lazy developers, greedy EA, tiny budgets, time constraints, terrible PR people (Drake), customers who will acept anything that's thrown at them and also DEMAND that you be grateful. The Sims will never be the game it could be as long as this happens. And I said it four years ago and I'll say it again, this game desperately needs competition. So that's what I'm going to be hoping for in the future.
Mad Poster
#100 Old 4th Dec 2018 at 2:44 PM
It is straightforward: Going with the fence example which Kayla talked about in her video, they made a white fence, so why not add a white swatch for the gate? They don't have a problem now with charging people money for color swatches in Sims Mobile, so I think they can handle putting color-matched swatches in TS4. I'm not buying the bullshit that it's hard or difficult. How many colored bear suits are in TS4 these days? I stopped counting after the green one showed up. Colored bear suits are okay, but color swatches are too hard? Yeah, no.

I play TS3, I love CAST. All the nonsense that is said about how it causes lag, but yet they added a version of it for pets in TS4 invalidates their own nonsense.

CAST can become a problem when people bog down their system that can't handle gobs and gobs patterns and colors. Then there is always the question of if the system they tried to play on was even able to handle TS3 with all the expansions to begin with. There are many that complain about lag in TS3 only to find that they were playing on what is equal to a potato. TS3 has plenty of problems, but a player cramming 11 expansion packs onto a potato doesn't make for a good time. People are doing the same thing with TS4 and are complaining about the same problem. Who would have thunk it?
Page 4 of 20