Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Feb 2021 at 2:07 PM Last edited by Tashiketh : 5th Feb 2021 at 2:22 PM. Reason: Clarified split archive
Default Changes to File Uploads on MTS
Hi all,

As part of a larger revamp of the site, I've made the following changes today to the file upload system here on MTS:
  • You may now no longer upload split archives (this means archives broken into multiple chunks that *require* every chunk to be able to rejoin, aka blah.zip.001, blah.zip.002, etc)
  • Maximum archive filesize is now 250mb to compensate
  • A whole bunch of checks are now in place when uploading, including but not limited to:
    • Automatic detection of correct files (ie correct blueprints/trayitems, etc)
    • Much better metadata detection (for later on)
    • Detection of putting a .package inside a zip that's also inside a Sims2Pack
    • and others. For the full list of errors, see: http://guidelines.modthesims.info/rubrics/4149/
  • You can now manually order the sorting of files uploaded
  • Errors with uploading are shown better on the file upload screen

Note that perhaps the biggest issue here could be that because of the archive/package detection, if a package is not identified it will not be able to be uploaded. I've gone through the vast majority of TS4 uploads, and many TS2 and TS3 ones, but there may still be some oddities that I haven't pinned down yet. The reason for this is that the system tries to identify which "type" of Sims CC you are uploading - ie an object, a trait, a career, a Lot, recolour, etc. If it's not detected, then errors happen If you get an Error 103 specifically please reply to this thread or contact me on Discord.

Regards
Tashiketh

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 15th Feb 2021 at 8:25 AM
Default Can't Upload Lots
Quote: Originally posted by Tashiketh
Hi all,

As part of a larger revamp of the site, I've made the following changes today to the file upload system here on MTS:
  • You may now no longer upload split archives (this means archives broken into multiple chunks that *require* every chunk to be able to rejoin, aka blah.zip.001, blah.zip.002, etc)
  • A whole bunch of checks are now in place when uploading, including but not limited to:
    • Automatic detection of correct files (ie correct blueprints/trayitems, etc)
    • Much better metadata detection (for later on)
    • Detection of putting a .package inside a zip that's also inside a Sims2Pack
    • and others. For the full list of errors, see: http://guidelines.modthesims.info/rubrics/4149/
  • You can now manually order the sorting of files uploaded
  • Errors with uploading are shown better on the file upload screen

Note that perhaps the biggest issue here could be that because of the archive/package detection, if a package is not identified it will not be able to be uploaded. I've gone through the vast majority of TS4 uploads, and many TS2 and TS3 ones, but there may still be some oddities that I haven't pinned down yet. The reason for this is that the system tries to identify which "type" of Sims CC you are uploading - ie an object, a trait, a career, a Lot, recolour, etc. If it's not detected, then errors happen If you get an Error 103 specifically please reply to this thread or contact me on Discord.

Regards
Tashiketh

I'm trying to upload a lot to MTS and it is giving me the 103 error. I've tried two different lots

I don't have discord.

Please help!

Ian
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#3 Old 15th Feb 2021 at 3:20 PM
Hi there,

Which game is it for?  Is it a Sims2Pack, Sims3Pack or other?  Is it still a problem now?

Lab Assistant
#4 Old 16th Feb 2021 at 4:38 PM
Hi there,

Which game is it for?  Is it a Sims2Pack, Sims3Pack or other?  Is it still a problem now?

It was for Sims2. I left it an hour and came back and it was fine. Thank you for returning my call.

Ian
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 16th Feb 2021 at 6:28 PM
I’m grateful to all those that continue to upload/share files for Sims 3. Thank you
Mad Poster
#6 Old 18th Feb 2021 at 1:42 AM
I hope that the split archives which have already been uploaded will be grandfathered. There are probably a lot of very popular and well-loved ones which we may not find elsewhere.
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#7 Old 18th Feb 2021 at 1:57 PM
Existing archives will not be changed in any way. The only functionality this affects is the ability to "see inside" a split archive, nothing else.

Test Subject
#8 Old 22nd Feb 2021 at 9:06 PM

Did this changed already? I tried to update my mod for it but it still says "error 413 - file too large"
In the Arena
retired moderator
#9 Old 6th Mar 2021 at 11:55 AM
I've logged out and cleared cookies and caches. I've tested on Edge and Firefox (both latest versions) and 7z FM v19.00 and I'm seeing error 103 both times, when I click on the magnifying glass on this thread https://modthesims.info/d/497903/no...maxis-logo.html.

I wanted to reupload the .zip file due to the comments in the last few pages, and encountered that error. But the error is already there on the existing file.
Is there something else I need to do to to remove this error?

Another question is on the download counts if I reupload all my multi-part files as a single file, with a name changed (from .rar to 7z), how would that affect my Scorecard Statistics? Because I'll be removing the .rar versions in order to avoid confusion for the downloaders...
Screenshots