Replies: 226 (Who?), Viewed: 8416 times.
Page 2 of 10
Test Subject
#26 Old 19th Jul 2021 at 4:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gargoyle Cat
("image below because quoting here sucks" - Adorbs_Lil_Puddin)

DOH!

My man out here trying to shoot his shot 24/7. I'm sure someone's bound to say yes to the spontaneous marriage proposals (followed by instant-on-the-spot marriage). If only we had his confidence, resourcefulness, and tolerance for violent rejections...
Field Researcher
#27 Old 19th Jul 2021 at 2:42 PM Last edited by Sokisims : 19th Jul 2021 at 2:54 PM.
The thing about the townies with all the clothes and accessories on at the same time without any criteria happens from the beginning. In City Living I found it unbearable. Because despite editing all the sims that the game created and limiting their automatic creation, the game did not stop creating more and more.

Not to mention the pear body in men, which is super ugly. In real life it is not a common body type in men. Genetics are so bad in this game.

It's surprising that to this day they still haven't fixed it. They could at least leave the random dress style of the townies up to the player. I doubt the team plays its own game.
Scholar
#28 Old 19th Jul 2021 at 11:57 PM
Micro homes are freaking overpowered!
I made my painter Sim just move into a very simple one. The new neighbors arrive and she uses 'Greet New Neighbor', I get an immediate pop-up of "Sim and Neighbor just became Good Friends". And she had no skills except for painting, nor any traits that made social or friendship easier!
Test Subject
#29 Old 20th Jul 2021 at 8:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sokisims
Not to mention the pear body in men, which is super ugly. In real life it is not a common body type in men. Genetics are so bad in this game.

A few years ago I made a mod to disable this body type and posted it online. Some people called it body shaming
Scholar
#30 Old 20th Jul 2021 at 2:14 PM
Less of a discussion of Sims 4 itself and more with its CC creations.
Is it me or do a lot of (maxis match) custom hairs look incredibly similar to the in-game hairs? Like they just take bits and pieces of the in-game hair and make slight alterations then call it a new CC hairstyle.
Test Subject
#31 Old 20th Jul 2021 at 4:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatMuto
Less of a discussion of Sims 4 itself and more with its CC creations.
Is it me or do a lot of (maxis match) custom hairs look incredibly similar to the in-game hairs? Like they just take bits and pieces of the in-game hair and make slight alterations then call it a new CC hairstyle.

A ton of them are basically just that. I feel like I've seen the bangs from the Get Famous ponytail on a million hairs by now. The long wavy style from Discover University is also extremely popular recently.
Top Secret Researcher
#32 Old 20th Jul 2021 at 7:21 PM
My father was a pear (I got his hips and my mother's bust, so I'm an hourglass), but no, it's not a common bodytype.
Scholar
#33 Old 21st Jul 2021 at 6:38 PM
What i Noticed lately the game (patch 1.77) doesn't seem to recognize your Nieces and Nephews too well. I'm best friends with my Sister's son. But everytime I look my own family tree on myself he is completely missing, unless I click on my sister next to me, he then shows up clearly as his son, But viewing his Profile does say he my Nephew which is ok I guess, but his own children, are nothing but Acquaintances or just ordinary sims to me and If my sister was to ever die and culled he probably be gone completely too.
Top Secret Researcher
#34 Old 21st Jul 2021 at 7:17 PM
Quote:

Wasn't that also a problem in Sims 3? I seem to recall Sims inheriting body types from their parents that ended up looking very awkward (though i never played a lot of Sims 3, so I might remember it wrong)

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Field Researcher
#35 Old 21st Jul 2021 at 8:41 PM Last edited by Sokisims : 21st Jul 2021 at 8:56 PM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orphalesion
Wasn't that also a problem in Sims 3? I seem to recall Sims inheriting body types from their parents that ended up looking very awkward (though i never played a lot of Sims 3, so I might remember it wrong)

In the sims 3 you could always make them lose weight. Having more limitations in body editing meant that although there were many overweight sims, their appearance was not bizarre and out of reality. In the sims 4 there are many men sims with huge hip bones, something that is very rare for a man. (They all seem like soyboys with severe hormonal problems, and someone quite androgenic says it). Basically the sims 4 have no internal rules, they just mix up all the genetics. So you end up with awful results, it happens with faces too.

Sometimes I like to create the typical very masculine man with a barbie with big hips. His children end up with hideous bodies, and in real life they would most likely have beautiful children.

And well, I also think that by now and in the fourth game, we should have some amazing genetics. That the games of the past have limitations, makes that there are even more reasons to complain that we are even worse than before in the middle of 2021. We should have great progress and we have nothing.
Top Secret Researcher
#36 Old 21st Jul 2021 at 9:10 PM
Quote:
And well, I also think that by now and in the fourth game, we should have some amazing genetics. That the games of the past have limitations, makes that there are even more reasons to complain that we are even worse than before in the middle of 2021. We should have great progress and we have nothing.

Oh I agree we should have better genetics by now. I was just wondering about Sims 3, I could have sworn I once had a female Sim in that game who had inherited her father's muscular frame and ended up looking like a female body builder without even working out and who couldn't get slender. But as I said it's quite possible that I misremember.

Unfortunately the genetics these days are,arguably, worse than Sims 2 even, I don't think they ever brought the idea of recessive and dominant hair and eye colours back. Which is especially weird in Sims 4, since there's no colour wheel, just a set of pre-defined hair and eye colours that, you'd think should be easy to set as dominant or recessive for some added realism (I know it's not quite that simple in real life, but it's a reasonable approximation, imho)
And, again I could misremember, but I even seem to remember a case in Sims 4 where I had a Sim change hair colour (so by all means she dyed her hair) and then she had a child who inherited the new hair colour.

I miss the time when a Sim could inherit their great-grandmother's blond hair and stuff like that.

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Field Researcher
#37 Old 21st Jul 2021 at 9:22 PM
Orphalesion The thing about the very fibrous bodies due to genetics in sims 3 did happen, It bothered me too, I just said that it didn't seem as annoying to me as what we have in s4.

I also miss those things from sims 2 And I hoped they would have improved by today.

Anyway I left this game in get famous, it just made me unhappy, I guess I keep criticizing because of resentment xD I didn't like sims 3 very much because I feel too crowded and disorganized, and the sims look weird, but in comparison to s4, today I love them and I'm trying to learn how to play.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#38 Old 22nd Jul 2021 at 10:24 PM
So, no mention of TS5 on EA Play today like all the trolls on Twitter have been yapping about for the past 6 or so months. I guess they'll have to continue to their BS next year. They're bound to be right one of these years... SMH
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#39 Old 23rd Jul 2021 at 11:43 AM
Quote:
So, no mention of TS5 on EA Play today like all the trolls on Twitter have been yapping about for the past 6 or so months. I guess they'll have to continue to their BS next year. They're bound to be right one of these years... SMH

Any mention of Sims at all??

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#40 Old 23rd Jul 2021 at 12:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inge Jones
Any mention of Sims at all??

There was mention, a very brief mention. I only posted the sims part of this list...

Quote:
Before the full show began there was one final piece of the preamble – there was a brief Pre-Show stream, where EA recapped a few other things which have happened recently, and this is what it entailed:

The Sims 4: Cottage Living kicked things off with a brief trailer featuring Japanese Breakfast doing a concert for cows.

https://www.radiotimes.com/technolo...-recap-reveals/
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#41 Old 23rd Jul 2021 at 2:03 PM
I am getting the strong feeling that EA are losing interest in The Sims. I think they'll string out TS4 as long as people are still buying packs that repay the time developing them, but I am not convinced there is a 5 in the works, or at least not with anything but a skeleton business team trying to see if they come up with a plan that will sell.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Lab Assistant
#42 Old 24th Jul 2021 at 3:26 AM
Christ, it's been forever. I've been enjoying my 100 Baby Challenge...until now.

Because the official forums get pissy if you get too pissy--and I am pissy, boy--I'm just saying it here. Glad there's a "General Sims 4 Discussion" thread.

I. Am. Mad.

Seriously, does the Sims team even test these patches before they release them? I'm getting so sick of these "free updates" that introduce new mechanics that create a ton of bugs! Maybe I don't need children to help with cooking and gardening because I didn't get Cottage Living! Maybe I didn't need calendars because I didn't get Seasons! Maybe I didn't need a fucking monster under the bed because I didn't get Parenthood! Sure, I have no problem with these things as they are (I haven't had a problem with the monster since I stick Coolala lights everywhere), but they keep making the game more buggy!

I'm a simple woman with simple wants. I don't need super involved gameplay or agonizingly difficult challenges or spiral staircases or cars. I just want to be able to sit back and let my Sims do their thing. And now they can't! Because they're taking forever to do everything! Because they get stuck at stairs if you're not following them around with the camera! I have 5-8 active Sims! I have a multi-level house! I have TODDLERS and they are very, very cranky because the adults are taking forever to tend to them! GAAAHHHH.

I've clicked "Me Too" on the bug thread and there's nothing else I can do because my anxiety gets really bad when I try to upload stuff and...and...GAAAAHHHHHH!

Why are these patches so awful and why do they take a month (if not longer) to get fixed? I didn't ask for new free paintings! I just want a game that works! Please, stop going on and on about dumb shit and FIX MY GAME!

*heavy breathing*

The thing is, I don't even have it that bad compared to other people. For some, it's making their game unplayable. But it is very annoying, and the constant teleporting and moving around and twitching--the toddlers now have this twitchy walk and I hate it--is making me dizzy.

I just want EA to care about The Sims again.

Please, I love this series. Don't abandon us.
Field Researcher
#43 Old 24th Jul 2021 at 10:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperCoolRachael
Christ, it's been forever. I've been enjoying my 100 Baby Challenge...until now.

Because the official forums get pissy if you get too pissy--and I am pissy, boy--I'm just saying it here. Glad there's a "General Sims 4 Discussion" thread.

I. Am. Mad.

Seriously, does the Sims team even test these patches before they release them? I'm getting so sick of these "free updates" that introduce new mechanics that create a ton of bugs! Maybe I don't need children to help with cooking and gardening because I didn't get Cottage Living! Maybe I didn't need calendars because I didn't get Seasons! Maybe I didn't need a fucking monster under the bed because I didn't get Parenthood! Sure, I have no problem with these things as they are (I haven't had a problem with the monster since I stick Coolala lights everywhere), but they keep making the game more buggy!

I'm a simple woman with simple wants. I don't need super involved gameplay or agonizingly difficult challenges or spiral staircases or cars. I just want to be able to sit back and let my Sims do their thing. And now they can't! Because they're taking forever to do everything! Because they get stuck at stairs if you're not following them around with the camera! I have 5-8 active Sims! I have a multi-level house! I have TODDLERS and they are very, very cranky because the adults are taking forever to tend to them! GAAAHHHH.

I've clicked "Me Too" on the bug thread and there's nothing else I can do because my anxiety gets really bad when I try to upload stuff and...and...GAAAAHHHHHH!

Why are these patches so awful and why do they take a month (if not longer) to get fixed? I didn't ask for new free paintings! I just want a game that works! Please, stop going on and on about dumb shit and FIX MY GAME!

*heavy breathing*

The thing is, I don't even have it that bad compared to other people. For some, it's making their game unplayable. But it is very annoying, and the constant teleporting and moving around and twitching--the toddlers now have this twitchy walk and I hate it--is making me dizzy.

I just want EA to care about The Sims again.

Please, I love this series. Don't abandon us.

I couldn't agree more about the GAAAHHHHH and the madness I pity my poor husband sometimes when I get those mad moments

"If a little is great, and a lot is better, then way too much is just about right!" - Mae West
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#44 Old 24th Jul 2021 at 2:34 PM

Rock climbing cows... Mmmmkay.
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
#45 Old 24th Jul 2021 at 2:56 PM
I think DrGluon did a good job,
He really worked hard to make the dry pack look more playable.

Taiwan Soul! / My Tumblr
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#46 Old 24th Jul 2021 at 3:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yaohui
I think DrGluon did a good job,
He really worked hard to make the dry pack look more playable.

I have to wonder if cows are really cows or are they sims dressed up in a cow costume. This wouldn't be that far fetched considering how obsessed Maxis was with suits. The bear suit, the panda suit, the rat suit or whatever that thing is that came with My First Pet, ect...
Lab Assistant
#47 Old 24th Jul 2021 at 3:43 PM
Quote:
Rock climbing cows... Mmmmkay.

They crave that MOOneral.
Field Researcher
#48 Old 25th Jul 2021 at 1:58 PM
Quote:
I have to wonder if cows are really cows or are they sims dressed up in a cow costume. This wouldn't be that far fetched considering how obsessed Maxis was with suits. The bear suit, the panda suit, the rat suit or whatever that thing is that came with My First Pet, ect...

That annoying obsession with giant costumes "the clubs" and other things, always seemed to me some kind of weird sexual thing, or some symbol about some cult to which they possibly belong.

conspiracy mode off
Lab Assistant
#49 Old 25th Jul 2021 at 4:48 PM
Quote:
That annoying obsession with giant costumes "the clubs" and other things, always seemed to me some kind of weird sexual thing, or some symbol about some cult to which they possibly belong.

conspiracy mode off

What do you mean, "the clubs"? As in, the clubs from Get Together?

I don't pay much attention to the yibsims/game changers (I don't even know who is what or what the difference is), so I'm not aware of the...the "memes."

ETA: I did manage to alleviate some of the problems I mentioned earlier by moving my Sims to a single-story home. No stairs, not even out front. But it doesn't fix everything, and it's a shame that I had to do this. And it had to be when I finally made ungodly amounts of Simoleons, and could easily move into a mansion.
Mad Poster
#50 Old 25th Jul 2021 at 5:12 PM Last edited by SneakyWingPhoenix : 25th Jul 2021 at 9:42 PM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrmo
I may get boatloads of trouble for writing this but why is it that the TS4 community have such hard fronts? No one seems to talk about this game is a nice manner, it's just an ever ongoing war between those who play the game and keep their moth shut, the ones that make the game and those who spread hate everywhere. In the word of some former Us president "you are either with us, or against us". Calm down people, try to act like adults... You do not have to be adults of cause but try acting like it. It's called "netiquette". If you don't know what it is feel free to google that! The only threads that are alive and breathing in the TS4 section of this forum seems to be the hate threads. I have been on here since 2009 and seriously don't have a clue how it could come to this... All I can say is that it is a shame! And nothing you will do or say will make me change that opinion! Nothing!

The game is crap by popular opinion, simple as that Agree to disagree. And there are people and the most who "trash" do talk about it in a nice manner when it deserves a apraise. You just intentionally choose to unaknowledge the fact you ignore the ounce of positive things been said about the game for the motive to silence any negative feedback

I google what netiquette is and still don't see how it has any relation to us crapping over a product. Be professional about what? We are plain consumers, not official representatives or workers, critiquing with constructive feedback about a product. Why do you take the negative so personal?

The problem is there aren't any positive threads? Then make one! Take over the incentive and create one called "Things in TS4 that brighten my day".

In the words of the presidents, we aren,'t against you. Yall just don't choose to go "with us", for the better of the franchise if we voice our concern about its future demise.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Page 2 of 10