Replies: 226 (Who?), Viewed: 8414 times.
Page 9 of 10
Mad Poster
#201 Old 22nd Sep 2021 at 2:58 PM Last edited by matrix54 : 2nd Oct 2021 at 4:33 PM.
The doors were updated *ages* ago. I can tolerate them not being a 100% match. The problem I have with this update is them not updating things that still don't match.

Like, they updated the Moroccan windows, but didn't update the doors to match them.

The updated base game items that match similar versions in other packs, but not the similar versions in other packs.

The didn't update the bar that matches the cheap counters. They get so close, yet... *sigh*

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Scholar
#202 Old 24th Sep 2021 at 1:42 PM
Those updates always give me the impression that they have to move on to something else before they can finish their work. Are their departments lead by accountants or something?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#203 Old 2nd Oct 2021 at 2:17 AM
I was originally going to talk about the feet of TS4 sims ( ew! I'm not a fan of any kind of human or simulated human feet, but the TS4 block feet are something else..) but I got distracted.

Is this new news? Can anybody confirm it? 50 stuff packs? Or is this the proposed number of kits since Maxis thinks they're funny with their naming game and calling kits 'packs' in code.

A couple of years ago I called that TS4 would have 60 packs. Admittedly it was a smart ass comment, but if this is true, I guess I wasn't that far off.

Source of what prompted me to think about ugly sim feet and this pack thing.

Funny Sims 4 Memes that Will Make You LAUGH!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wwp0MO9UdcY
Screenshots
Inventor
#204 Old 2nd Oct 2021 at 2:29 AM
FIFTY STUFF PACKS?!
Lab Assistant
#205 Old 2nd Oct 2021 at 3:02 AM

Taiwan Soul! / My Tumblr
Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator
#206 Old 2nd Oct 2021 at 3:50 AM
Sims 4 Steam sale going on right now for those interested: https://store.steampowered.com/search/?term=sims+4
Mad Poster
#207 Old 2nd Oct 2021 at 8:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naus Allien
FIFTY STUFF PACKS?!

Honestly could be a lot of placeholders. I think TS3 had it too, correct me if I’m wrong.

That being said, 50 isn’t too much if you pop off 3 kits every few months. Maybe they might even be planning the return of a persistent store?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#208 Old 2nd Oct 2021 at 11:51 AM
Quote:
FIFTY STUFF PACKS?!

Since TS4 already has enough problems with simulation lag, it is going to run like C-3PO in the middle of a desert without oil if they cram in that many more packs.
Scholar
#209 Old 2nd Oct 2021 at 12:21 PM
Actually they have tagged the 5 Kits released so far as SP20, SP21, SP22, SP23, and SP25 (no SP24?) while SP18 was the Paranormal Stuff and also the 18th Stuff Pack, and since Kits taken over the SP Call sign, it wouldn't surprise me if that is end of the Stuff Packs, so you can say it looks like there is going to be a LOT more Kits on the way.
Forum Resident
#210 Old 2nd Oct 2021 at 3:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jje1000
Honestly could be a lot of placeholders. I think TS3 had it too, correct me if I’m wrong.

That being said, 50 isn’t too much if you pop off 3 kits every few months. Maybe they might even be planning the return of a persistent store?

Not sure about when it was still in development, but there was ostensibly 3 or so placeholders for packs that could've potentially been added to TS3 after ITF, with patch 1.63 I believe. Even if it's true, TS4's release was right around the corner at that point, or so they thought, so...

Nothing on this level though. And Kits so far have been pretty underwhelming. You get even less value than from a Stuff Pack. The themes aren't really interesting enough to hold their own. At least they didn't make them the same price as SPs, I guess.

You have been chosen. They will come soon.
Mad Poster
#211 Old 2nd Oct 2021 at 4:36 PM
Yes! Kits are also flagged as stuff packs, so while it's still a lot of content, it's not as bad as it appears. This year alone, we're getting at least 9 kits.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Test Subject
#212 Old 2nd Oct 2021 at 5:51 PM
Was there anything tagged as SP19? I noticed that new curly male hair (the one that colours/conflicts with ea lashes) was called "SP19" instead of "EF90" like the other free patch hairs.
Inventor
#213 Old 2nd Oct 2021 at 8:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by matrix54
Yes! Kits are also flagged as stuff packs, so while it's still a lot of content, it's not as bad as it appears. This year alone, we're getting at least 9 kits.

It IS bad if you think Kits are awful. The only gameplay kit came out super broken and the rest are just generic stuff we already have in the game (Industrial Loft Kit) or stuff that should have been part of other packs (Country Kitchen). And there's the CAS stuff which I couldn't care less about (there's better CAS CC for free). I don't know who's buying these Kits, because they're a stick-up. Waaaaay worse than the Store, and the Store was pretty awful.
Scholar
#214 Old 3rd Oct 2021 at 2:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenMercy
Was there anything tagged as SP19? I noticed that new curly male hair (the one that colours/conflicts with ea lashes) was called "SP19" instead of "EF90" like the other free patch hairs.

I'm guessing that hair was content from a cancelled Stuff Pack which was supposed to be SP19.
Inventor
#215 Old 3rd Oct 2021 at 3:40 AM
So with Kits being tagged as Stuff Packs and the last SP being released BEFORE Kits were introduced (and probably sold well enough for them to produce 4 more), do you guys think traditional Stuff Packs are gone for good?
Forum Resident
#216 Old 3rd Oct 2021 at 4:12 AM
Quote:
So with Kits being tagged as Stuff Packs and the last SP being released BEFORE Kits were introduced (and probably sold well enough for them to produce 4 more), do you guys think traditional Stuff Packs are gone for good?

Possibly. Kits give them an excuse to piecemeal content even more than Stuff Packs ever did under the guise of very specific "themes". And I'm talking about barebones, extremely niche stuff.

They really can't decide what packs should hold what kind of content either. EPs have always been underwhelming for TS4. Game Packs were the best packs for a while, then around the time Emory left after Vampires released - even those saw a big drop in quality. They're not even trying anymore honestly.

You have been chosen. They will come soon.
Inventor
#217 Old 3rd Oct 2021 at 5:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jathom95
They really can't decide what packs should hold what kind of content either. EPs have always been underwhelming for TS4. Game Packs were the best packs for a while, then around the time Emory left after Vampires released - even those saw a big drop in quality. They're not even trying anymore honestly.

LOL. EPs are mediocre at best, GPs are a joke now (especially after DHD, a Game Pack without gameplay), and SPs have been replaced with tiny packs with very niche content. And they're planning on continuing expanding this game for 2, 3 or more years? Give me a break. Who's buying these mediocre packs?!
Lab Assistant
#218 Old 3rd Oct 2021 at 3:21 PM
Quote:
LOL. EPs are mediocre at best, GPs are a joke now (especially after DHD, a Game Pack without gameplay), and SPs have been replaced with tiny packs with very niche content. And they're planning on continuing expanding this game for 2, 3 or more years? Give me a break. Who's buying these mediocre packs?!

Evidently everyone who's in love with The Sims 4

Hear the other side. - St. Augustine
Scholar
#219 Old 3rd Oct 2021 at 4:14 PM
Quote:

I Always felt GPs were the best value for money, they were equally entertaining as an EP, and most even came with a new World with premade sims. But DHD is just a pack on it own, the career is just too buggy to bother with, and its objects are so strange looking, c'mon there is only certain way a dining chair can look like, as well as bookshelf.
Inventor
#220 Old 3rd Oct 2021 at 6:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Citysim
I Always felt GPs were the best value for money, they were equally entertaining as an EP, and most even came with a new World with premade sims. But DHD is just a pack on it own, the career is just too buggy to bother with, and its objects are so strange looking, c'mon there is only certain way a dining chair can look like, as well as bookshelf.

GPs were pretty cool up to Jungle Adventure. Then StrangerVille came out with its weird linear story, then Realm of Magic which gave us really mediocre witches (compared to the great vampires the previous Occult themed GP had given us), and last year they gave us Star Wars Journey to Batuu, probably the worst pack ever released for a Sims game, and this year they released Dream Home Decorator, which shouldn't even be called a Game Pack since it barely has any gameplay. On top of that, GPs have always been very buggy. And they don't seem to worried about the fact some of them like Dine Out are broken for many players.
Alchemist
#221 Old 5th Oct 2021 at 11:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inge Jones
Cos he's probably been moved to lead producer of TS5 and all the other colleagues know they're going to be working under him again when they finally get moved over onto that. Which of them wants to be the one to first to stand up and show they didn't agree with him?

TS5? What's that?
Mad Poster
#222 Old 11th Oct 2021 at 6:52 PM
Quote:

Just coming back to this statement- yeah, I don't quite feel that TS4 has much hype in it anymore.

It needs big EPs, not tiny pseudo-store 'Kits'.
Instructor
#223 Old 14th Oct 2021 at 12:22 PM
Well anyone who is frankly deceived by Cottage Living? This is an other EP that need to be improved not only the Spa Day. Why only windows shopping whereas the stores in the village needs to be at least rabbit holes (as we got in the sims 3) to buy clothes,breads and tableware? This is a useless feature really if we cannot go further.
Well I am not into sims 4 at the moment I skip it a bit I am tired of the constant erratic gameplay we barely write a story with.

My story blog in French (FR) / Mon blog histoire en français : http://simsophonique.ek.la/
Scholar
#224 Old 15th Oct 2021 at 2:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LucieSims
Well anyone who is frankly deceived by Cottage Living? This is an other EP that need to be improved not only the Spa Day. Why only windows shopping whereas the stores in the village needs to be at least rabbit holes (as we got in the sims 3) to buy clothes,breads and tableware? This is a useless feature really if we cannot go further.
Well I am not into sims 4 at the moment I skip it a bit I am tired of the constant erratic gameplay we barely write a story with.

Another one of those packs you pay nothing more than the scenery and just a few new activities. Take away the New world and it's just SP quality.
Instructor
#225 Old 15th Oct 2021 at 2:12 PM Last edited by LucieSims : 15th Oct 2021 at 2:23 PM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Citysim
Another one of those packs you pay nothing more than the scenery and just a few new activities. Take away the New world and it's just SP quality.

The new World is absolutely stunning visually. I do not complain with it. I am happy to have the windows shopping option because this is something new on the sims franchise and something I crave to have for the rabbit hole in the sims 3, but I was very sad we cannot have the right to interact more with these useful shops. (so this is an other half baked goodie we use to have with EAXis ) For instance Tableware shop that's a wonderful idea , the sims 4 are into pottery using the "pinched" technique (no need a wheel to create a bowl for instance , myself I created two bowls with this technique. I learn Pottery for a year now so I am aware of this).Our sims can create, paint and sell a lot of their creations in these kind of shops. (without always open your own shop and manage it...I myself not that kind of player and not all the sims wants to be a shop-owner)
I also was deceived that the village festival was sad with almost nothing to do compared to others. Only a yellow chrysanthemum and a lasagna dish with fake meat for the contest. That none of my sims had something to enjoy more than drinking .
I really wanted the feeling of English's village parties (those we often watch on the Midsommer's mysteries...with Tom Barnaby's tv show)

After I amnot into Cottage myself I just wanted the pets ahaha.

So that's why I opened this discussion I want your help sims 4 fans to have a better experience with this SP.

My story blog in French (FR) / Mon blog histoire en français : http://simsophonique.ek.la/
Page 9 of 10