Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Sep 2012 at 12:07 PM
Default Deleting Downtown
Is it safe to delete the game generated Downtown after I've moved the graves? It won't mess up my game or anything? I want to make my own sub-hoods and the others just get in the way! Just wanted to make sure. Thanks for any help.
Advertisement
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#2 Old 2nd Sep 2012 at 12:51 PM
As long as you move everyone out, I don't see why it should be a problem, assuming the game allows this. I think it does, I think it's only university where, once installed, you cannot delete all universities from your hood, you have to have at least one.

My main confusion is why you installed the game generated Downtown in the first place if you didn't want to keep it. It seems redundant.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Instructor
#3 Old 2nd Sep 2012 at 1:03 PM
Just to add to Maxon's reply. It's also downtowns, once you installed one, you'll have to keep one. I did this year. Downtown A was stupid wanted to be rid of it. I had to create Downtown B , a blank one. Only then I could delete Downtown A.
Like Maxon said, move the people and the gravestones out before you delete it.
Instructor
Original Poster
#4 Old 2nd Sep 2012 at 1:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
My main confusion is why you installed the game generated Downtown in the first place if you didn't want to keep it. It seems redundant.

Because
At first I wanted it, but now I don't.

Thanks both of you for your help! One more question - do I move the families into the family bin? After I've done that is it safe to delete them, or should I just leave them in the bin?
Mad Poster
#5 Old 2nd Sep 2012 at 1:55 PM
Leave them in the bin! Never delete sims!

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#6 Old 2nd Sep 2012 at 3:03 PM
Actually, it's moving the sims into the bin which is harmful - since that basically deletes them from the 'hood. Once they're in the bin, the damage is already done.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 2nd Sep 2012 at 3:24 PM
Um - what? If they're in the family bin, they're available to move in, not deleted from the hood. She doesn't mean she's going to pick up the houses and move them into the Lot Bin, she knows better than that.

Have you had your coffee this morning?

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Scholar
#8 Old 2nd Sep 2012 at 3:53 PM
I found the best way to replace a hood, rather than dealing with all of this, is to just "Hood Replace it. And that way you keep all your sims.
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 2nd Sep 2012 at 4:07 PM
Quote:
Actually, it's moving the sims into the bin which is harmful - since that basically deletes them from the 'hood. Once they're in the bin, the damage is already done.

This is definitely wrong. It's only true if you leave said sims in their houses and put the inhabited houses in the LOT BIN.

Just putting sims in the sim bin does nothing bad, they'll keep their relationships and family ties and all and are in no way deleted from the hood.

DasRabennest

~ You can't prove courage without fright ~