Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

No Musical Notes!

by HystericalParoxysm Posted 13th Jun 2009 at 2:54 PM - Updated 13th Nov 2010 at 11:51 AM by HystericalParoxysm

79 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 60 Feedback Posts, 18 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 4
Test Subject
#26 Old 15th Jun 2009 at 3:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Plum
... The only other thing I could think would be that you put the mod in the wrong file or do not have a Resource.cfg. Did you follow the download/install instructions carefully?

Do i still need the resource.cfg even though i have the TS3 Install Helper Monkey?? And yes, i did follow the instructions. But wait let me try it again.
Instructor
#27 Old 15th Jun 2009 at 8:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by HystericalParoxysm
It would be odd that the new Compressorizer would cause problems with this, since this is just a tiny texture replacer. It's basically just a default replacement image, alpha'd to black. Sounds like it needs some work still - this file couldn't be much simpler.

Since I don't know anything about anything I don't know whether it would be easier to fix the "problem" (assuming it's even worth fixing) on your end or on the end of The Compressorizer. *shrug*

Compressorizer also borks the censor removing patch and patterns made with TSR's Workshop, so at least it's not just stuff you made.
Test Subject
#28 Old 15th Jun 2009 at 12:29 PM
Ok , Sorry for the disturbance.. I figured it out somehow. Thanks also for helping Plum.
Field Researcher
#29 Old 16th Jun 2009 at 11:53 AM
Still not gotten any reply, will the phone ring tones still show? (I need it to know when the phone is ringing)

Thanks
Inventor
#30 Old 16th Jun 2009 at 9:00 PM
Would it be possible to disable the effects with a mod? If you could disable all the notes, ZZZs and so on it may increase the game speed on older PCs a little little bit.
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
Original Poster
#31 Old 16th Jun 2009 at 9:27 PM
sweetichigodream - It probably does disable that too, if they use the same texture. I haven't had time to test.

Randir - Likely possible, yes, but I wonder how much difference that would really make. It's not possible for me to do anyway though - I don't make mods like that, just texture replacers, and one would probably run up into the problem of only being able to have one true mod at a time.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Banned
#32 Old 19th Jun 2009 at 1:26 AM
You're the best modder ever HP. I love your mods, thanks for making TS3 less of a cartoon :P
Lab Assistant
#33 Old 19th Jun 2009 at 5:15 AM
i am glad to mention (if it already hasnt been mentioned) that it also removes the musical notes coming out of the stereo. thanks!
Test Subject
#34 Old 20th Jun 2009 at 3:43 PM
Thank you very much :-)
Could you make some miraculous device to make sims pregnant everytime with everybody (and also with himself/herself)? I want to have my little Sona, exactly like her mother.
Test Subject
#35 Old 22nd Jun 2009 at 2:18 PM
your mods ar fantastic!
There's only 1 mod I'm still waiting for, and that's that speed 3 will be even faster...
the fasted speed thingy is way too slow :S
(Sorry for my retarded English, I'm from Holland)
Test Subject
#36 Old 23rd Jun 2009 at 10:56 PM
Great job Looks heaps better thanks for sharing
Test Subject
#37 Old 26th Jun 2009 at 11:22 PM
very good , i take it
Test Subject
#38 Old 4th Jul 2009 at 6:21 AM
anyone find the code to disable the animation? i am trying to figure out some ways to remove extra things that slow your comp down (like those stupid sparkles)
just making them invisible doesn't technically make them gone
Lab Assistant
#39 Old 10th Jul 2009 at 6:10 AM
The notes with the guitar don't bother me as much, but the sound waves coming from stereos do. Do you think it is possible to alter those?
Lab Assistant
#40 Old 10th Jul 2009 at 6:11 AM
Never mind my last post, I hadn't read sims3blog's reply
Test Subject
#41 Old 25th Jul 2009 at 1:44 AM
[QUOTE=HystericalParoxysm]sweetichigodream - It probably does disable that too, if they use the same texture. I haven't had time to test./QUOTE]

HP. You rock!

...and doesn't the mobilephone have radiating circles, as well as notes, in white only (not coloured)?

**don't drink from the mainstream**
Forum Resident
#42 Old 17th Nov 2009 at 11:00 PM
Do your mods need to be updated for WA or should they work ok? I have the following of your mods in my game:

No Sleep Zzzs
No Build Sparkles
Floor Thickness Texture Replacer
No Musical Notes

I'm thinking they should be ok, but I wanted to be sure.
Field Researcher
#43 Old 6th Jun 2010 at 10:51 PM
I know this is going to sound strange, but as of patching and installing Ambitions, this and the No Zzzzs mod no longer allow my game to finish loading. I've cleared caches and whatnot, tried them on their own, but still no luck.
Lab Assistant
#44 Old 9th Jun 2010 at 7:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by KagomeKagome
I know this is going to sound strange, but as of patching and installing Ambitions, this and the No Zzzzs mod no longer allow my game to finish loading. I've cleared caches and whatnot, tried them on their own, but still no luck.

Same for me, some saves will load, some won't !!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#45 Old 9th Jun 2010 at 8:11 PM
I have no idea what would cause that - this isn't even really a "mod" - it's a texture replacement, same as the way skintones are done.

Floor thickness shouldn't be used anymore though as it's no longer needed - the rest I don't know why they would be a problem, but I haven't had a chance to test for sure...

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Lab Assistant
#46 Old 11th Jun 2010 at 4:52 PM
Any word on compatibility with Ambitions and latest patch?
retired moderator
Original Poster
#47 Old 11th Jun 2010 at 5:05 PM
ripple - I haven't had a chance to test yet but I don't see why it would have any issues. However, there's a couple odd reports above, so I'd probably put it in the "don't use yet or use with caution" category.

Lab Assistant
#48 Old 12th Jun 2010 at 12:02 PM
Well, after you mentioned that this is only a texture replacer, I decided to test it, since I have all the expansions including Ambitions and I am patched up to 1.12/2.7/3.3/4.0. I am also running a boatload of packages, including many hacks from NRaas such as the Supercomputer, Story Progression, Woohooers, and an assortment of minor hacks from "More Awesome Thank You" and this site (none of which are conflicting with each other according to Sim3Dashboard).

I made a backup of my savegame just in case. After playing 12+ hours...I still haven't experienced the problem reported by the 2 posters. This mod seems to be working just fine in my game....
retired moderator
Original Poster
#49 Old 12th Jun 2010 at 12:50 PM
Thanks for the detailed test, ripple.

I tested it myself (and my other texture replacers, besides the floor thickness) last night and this morning and haven't had any problems myself, too. So I think I can declare this safe for Ambitions - if the above posters were having problems, I don't think it could be this mod.

Field Researcher
#50 Old 13th Jun 2010 at 2:17 AM
Well, my problem turned out to be a possible DEP problem because after turning it off, my game finishes loading now, and that's with all of the mods (updated, of course) I'd used before.
Page 2 of 4