Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th May 2020 at 6:49 AM
Default Counters not using custom textures and uses the default textures instead.
I cloned a counter I forgot which one it is from SimPE using the object workshop then gave it a unique name in the fix integrity ModelName box and replaced the meshes,changed the guilds and the catalog description name. In the texture image section there's only one texture file which uses the dirty texture from one of the counter textures but I still replaced the texture with a different one then when I went it to the game to test it used like 6 or more different textures and doesn't use my texture. How could I fix this? Here's what the counter looks like for reference.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 10th May 2020 at 1:49 PM
When you changed the GUIDs, did you make sure you ticked the "update MMAT" box for the main GUID in the OBJD? (usually the one without any extra numbers to it - don't do it to all the GUIDs, just the main one). Otherwise the MMATs will not be updated, and will draw textures from the original object.
Scholar
Original Poster
#3 Old 10th May 2020 at 4:58 PM
The same thing happens except this time the counter disappears unless I place another one next to it. I think I know how to fix that problem though but the textures still aren't being updated and the only I could replace is still the one dirty texture that it uses whenever the counter's dirty.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 10th May 2020 at 6:14 PM
Can you upload the file?
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#5 Old 10th May 2020 at 7:39 PM
Counters don't clone well in SimPE and you are best off using the templates by Numenor.  Also, you have to use the Maxis countertop mesh, unless you are really good at mapping otherwise the sink will not cut out.
Scholar
Original Poster
#6 Old 10th May 2020 at 8:01 PM
Sure, I had made another clone of the Counter Cooking Conundrum. I had fixed the problem with the disappearing counter but it's still not pulling the textures that I need to make the texture edits. It's still just the one of the dirty counter textures.
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Numica Kitchen Counter.rar (78.0 KB, 3 downloads)
Mad Poster
#7 Old 10th May 2020 at 9:07 PM
There aren't any MMATs in that file, and the TXMTs and TXTR are for the dirty textures, so it seems to be pulling the clean textures from elsewhere. I'm guessing it's pulling the textures from the original counter (countercolonial) since those are the ones listed in the SHPE (looks like it's partly/fully slaved to that counter).

When you cloned the counter, which options were ticked in the Object Workshop? A few of the options can cause an item to make a slaved or partly slaved item.

If there were any instructions along with the counter templates, you'll want to read those.
Scholar
Original Poster
#8 Old 11th May 2020 at 2:11 AM Last edited by Squidconqueror : 11th May 2020 at 2:45 AM.
I cloned the Chez Moi counter which uses the same textures that the Counter Cooking Conundrum does. It had extracted all the textures this time except for the clean celery texture. I had made sure to change the guilds and to tick update all MMATS before updating and committing. The same problem persists. These options were on when I had cloned the counter from object workshop except for use only default. I turned that off before I cloned it because that option would only extract the dirty texture.
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Numica Kitchen Counter.rar (98.3 KB, 3 downloads)
Mad Poster
#9 Old 11th May 2020 at 3:58 PM
You have to tick "create standalone object"
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
Mad Poster
#11 Old 11th May 2020 at 7:54 PM