Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

SÖMNIG Vampire Sleep Set

by The Coffin Crew Posted 8th Aug 2012 at 9:31 AM - Updated 9th Jan 2014 at 11:55 AM by leefish : fix picture link

110 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 26 Feedback Posts, 83 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 5
Test Subject
#51 Old 9th Aug 2012 at 10:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by fanseelamb
etherealfirefly: Did you also install the vampire bed? It's required for any of the other furniture to work. The vampire bed itself requires Nightlife, so you'll need that too.

I have NL since The Sims 2 Deluxe installs both the base game and NL. I did install the vampire bed. I downloaded and installed the whole set. Everything works perfectly except the dresser.
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#52 Old 9th Aug 2012 at 10:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by etherealfirefly
I have NL since The Sims 2 Deluxe installs both the base game and NL. I did install the vampire bed. I downloaded and installed the whole set. Everything works perfectly except the dresser.

I opened the dresser in SimPE and see a number in one of the fields that probably shouldn't be there. (I edited this dresser a few times before the set was uploaded and must've missed something.) I'd edit and reupload it but I don't seem to have permission to edit the upload itself. So let me let Fansee know what I saw and we'll look into it. I see you don't have any EP's other than Nightlife..

If the dresser doesn't show up for anyone else could you let us know? Thank you.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#53 Old 9th Aug 2012 at 10:58 PM
Ikea for vampires! This is beyond amazing!!! Thank you so much!! And, when I saw the coffin, the first person I thought about was Eric from True Blood.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#54 Old 9th Aug 2012 at 11:22 PM
This set is freaking AWESOME! Thank you so much - my vamps are gonna love it (and if they don't, well too bad, I DO)! :D
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#55 Old 10th Aug 2012 at 1:53 AM
For a second I thought that this was for Sims 3--it looks that awesome! I was wondering if there was a possibility of regular beds (single and double) being made to match this set? My vampire has a child and teen (who fears vampires) for which the recolors would be a great match for.

Again, thank you all for creating this set; it really is spectacular.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#56 Old 10th Aug 2012 at 3:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by etherealfirefly

Okay we've updated the "Dresser.rar" file but can't test it ourselves since both versions work for us. Please try the new file and let us know if it works. If it does, we'll redo the "everything" file to include the fixed version.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#57 Old 10th Aug 2012 at 5:01 AM
Oh, wow. This is really nice! it doesn't seem to be specified, but I take it that IKEA is not required? I lost my copy and haven't bought a new one
Demon Sheep
retired moderator
#58 Old 10th Aug 2012 at 5:03 AM Last edited by fanseelamb : 10th Aug 2012 at 5:19 AM.
alessandrae: That's right, the Ikea Stuff Pack is not required.

Rouge Carmin: Dang, busted! I sorta made the vampire bed specifically for Eric and Godric. Shhh don't tell anyone.

itachirockstar: I have no plans to make a matching regular bed. Not sure about the other team members. However, the set was actually made to blend with Ikea Stuff Pack furniture. You can use the Ikea MALM beds with it - the colours match perfectly and it's a similar style. Those white and black HEMNES beds would also work well. And as was pointed out in another comment, non-vampires can use the vampire bed too. That includes kids. In fact Eric's little girl prefers it over her normal Ikea bed!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#59 Old 10th Aug 2012 at 4:08 PM
I've never wanted to play with vampires because of all the ugly Gothic furniture. Thank you! I wish I was this creative
Test Subject
#60 Old 10th Aug 2012 at 4:32 PM
I have the same problem as etheralfirefly. Gonna try the updated dresser file later and let you know if it worked
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#61 Old 10th Aug 2012 at 11:48 PM
Thank you so much! I've always wanted a new cofifn for my vampires that wasn't the maxi's one. Thank you so much coffin crew!
Test Subject
#62 Old 11th Aug 2012 at 2:12 AM
Sorry for the late reply. I just downloaded the updated version, so I'll test it right away. I'll report back soon.

EDIT: I tried the updated version, but unfortunately, it didn't work. It's the same as before, with the icon showing up, but no actual object.
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#63 Old 11th Aug 2012 at 6:17 AM
etherealfirefly- We were kind of afraid of that. I hope the rest of the team doesn't mind me saying this: it looks like the dresser might need OFB. It shouldn't need any EP at all, so we're working on figuring it out.

I know you don't have OFB. Neither does SilentBird. If anyone else doesn't have OFB, it would help if you'd let us know if the dresser shows up for you or not.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#64 Old 11th Aug 2012 at 4:44 PM
Thank you SO MUCH!!!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#65 Old 11th Aug 2012 at 7:41 PM
Attention: After some investigation, we have determined that the dresser requires the Open for Business expansion. Only the dresser is affected. The other furniture does not require OFB. We will try to resolve this issue, but cannot estimate when (or if) the dresser's OFB requirement will be lifted.

We apologize for any inconvenience, and thank etherealfirefly and SilentBird for reporting this issue.
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#66 Old 11th Aug 2012 at 9:01 PM
Thanks for letting us know coffin crew! Are you planing to make anymore IKEA coffins?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#67 Old 11th Aug 2012 at 10:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Artimis
Are you planing to make anymore IKEA coffins?

The SÖMNIG is an ideal contemporary vampire bed available in many beautiful colours. There is no reason to manufacture another model. Therefore we have no plans to do so at this time.
Test Subject
#68 Old 11th Aug 2012 at 11:56 PM
Do we need to remove Monique's Vampire Sleep Caller in order to use Boiling Oils updated one?

Becky
Demon Sheep
retired moderator
#69 Old 12th Aug 2012 at 12:28 AM
Yes, Becky. Replace Monique's original Sleep Caller with BoilingOil's updated version. BoilingOil's version works on the Maxis coffin and also on our new vampire bed.
Test Subject
#70 Old 12th Aug 2012 at 2:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by The Coffin Crew
We apologize for any inconvenience, and thank etherealfirefly and SilentBird for reporting this issue.

Thank you for your time anyway. The rest of the set is still definitely worth the download!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#71 Old 12th Aug 2012 at 12:03 PM
Thanks this is awesomee love it
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#72 Old 12th Aug 2012 at 10:32 PM
YES! This will be great for my vampires who do not wish to "embrace their cultural heritage", so to speak.

Of course, my 'grand' vampires will use the Maxis coffin. What's the point of being an Ancient and Powerful Vampire if you don't have an Ancient and Powerful Coffin? But a bit flashy for my vampires who aren't into gothic pageantry. This will do very nicely, and look good with most modern decor. :D

For the record, it is possible to keep a vampire alive sans coffin. I did it for a week (in-game), because my pink-loving cat-obsessed vampire would not suit a Maxis coffin. I had to lock them in their apartment during the day and keep a very close eye on their needs (and their cats). They still almost died multiple times and in the end I got vexed and killed them. So, possible, but seriously hard. Thanks to this, I can remake such a vampire and not have them rage!die by sunlight.

Thank you! (Sorry if this was rambly.)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#73 Old 13th Aug 2012 at 2:59 AM
So modern. I love how you included desks, dressers, etc. Love it (:
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#74 Old 13th Aug 2012 at 9:17 AM
This is awesome!!!
Scholar
THANKS POST
#75 Old 14th Aug 2012 at 6:30 AM
Well, now, there's no more excuses for *not* playing a vampire, is there? If before I could always say: "that hideous thing isn't going into my house!" now I'm helpless before this simple truth - to be a simpire is stylish, is hip, is awesome, and I have to have it in my game too.
Page 3 of 5